Ibrox Register

trafficlight

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh that's good. For so long now the talk on this site has been "no better time to play Rangers now" just for us have our arses handed to us on a plate. Maybe because they are so confident it's a good thing for us....

Definitely better than going into the game after they've lost again. As the Platters used to say "You Never Know"

(Should be "You'll" actually for any old pedants ready to correct me but a bitty poetic licence never hurt anyone)

One of my mates is an Ibrox Season Ticket holder, he's away to the darts this weekend so he's passed me his ticket. Whilst its not going to be much fun sitting in with the hordes, at this time of year when my money is getting spent here there and everywhere, its a welcome relief. Plus, i can walk to Ibronx in 25mins from my flat.

Dont know how I'll feel if we actually pull a win out and I can't celebrate it though.

Couple of guys at work have season tickets and they also friends who work @ Ibrox.

I have been in the Copland v Rangers and it wasn't too bad. A few quizzical looks but was good natured enough.

... have also had club Europe hospitality and ended up sitting in Club deck... we scored and I went nuts. Got a fair few growls and a bit of fairly tame abuse that day "whit the f**k you doin in here" etc.

Ended up drawing so I just started completely rubbing it in at full time whilst drinking more of their free beer.

I would just say go for it... they do it to us... as long as you dont go over the score you should be ok.

Definitely better than going into the game after they've lost again. As the Platters used to say "You Never Know"

(Should be "You'll" actually for any old pedants ready to correct me but a bitty poetic licence never hurt anyone)

Absolutely, I'd much rather play them just after they'd won and their confidence is up than the other way around. How many times over the last eight years have Rangers either drawn or lost to Dundee Utd or Inverness etc just before they're due to play us and just about everyone on here trots out the "never a better time to play them as they're there for the taking" line, only for it never to happen?

It's unlikely that we'll get anything on Saturday, but like I said earlier, the way they play will suit us a lot more than the way Celtic played against us last weekend and Rangers have a tendancy to 'choke' somewhat when they go top of the league so maybe there's some hope for us to get a point.

On a side note, in all the time these forums have existed - both the original format and now this, we've never beaten Rangers. :D

Anyone know if you can pay at the gate? The club hasn't got back to me yet.

Oh aye and the only way you would get me to sit with that lot would be if i was in an urn!

No you need a ticket mate. Geez a shout if you need me to get you one mate but You will need to come to Motherwell on Saturday to get it cause I'll no be going to that midden. :lol:

there no way would be sitting in the rangers end ever free or otherwise i would stay in the house before id sit with that lot

I once traveled through to Hampden when celtic were in residence there. Only to discover that it was all ticket. The kind steward ( a rarity I know) said if we put away our scarfs then they were selling tickets for the home end. Thought why not. Got in, were in the section next to the well fans. Sitting 6 rows from the front, nobody in the 6 rows behind us and a steward that never took his eyes off us the whole game. If memory serves me they went one up. We equalised in the second half I think it was Mitchel Van der Gagg who scored. All in all it was the least enjoyable 90 mins of football I have ever sat through. I would never do that again.

Not wanting to start an argument or a debate or anything like that but I honestly can't understand why any Motherwell fan would want to be anywhere else apart from the Motherwell end on Saturday...?

I'll be in the club deck on Saturday, drinking as much of the horrible bastards drink as I can - I've nae morals. Its either that or sit an listen to it on the radio because I'm not prepared to give them £25.

The only risky thing is that I generally can't keep my mouth shut with a bevvy in me :lol:

Not wanting to start an argument or a debate or anything like that but I honestly can't understand why any Motherwell fan would want to be anywhere else apart from the Motherwell end on Saturday...?

Christmas financial pressures ontop of mortgages and other commitments mean I can't justify paying to go to Ibrox, but since I was offered a free ticket if i sit in the home end, then of course Im going to take it.

Basically its rangers end or sit and listen to the wireless.

Yep, same for me. Quite looking forward to the free bar starting at 1:30. :D

Yeah should be good free food free drink can't complain :D

The only reason im going is because i got the tickets for free there should be a few motherwell fans sitting in our box aswell. Couldn't have afforded it otherwise.