Ibrox Register

trafficlight

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will never go back to Ibrox after various things that have happened down the years but hopefully we can get something out of this as we need to start picking up points again otherwise the St. Johnstone match suddenly becomes a real pressure situation.

Perhaps Rangers having seen off Dundee United will go down a gear and might well be a little tired having played midweek.

Alternatively they could be on a high and Kris Boyd has only scored about 72 goals against us in 13 games or something.

A cross your fingers and see match, I'm kinda fed up with drawing matches but this is one where a draw would be a pretty good result.

Not wanting to start an argument or a debate or anything like that but I honestly can't understand why any Motherwell fan would want to be anywhere else apart from the Motherwell end on Saturday...?

I sat in the h**s end last season at the game where Sutton scored a screamer. My cousin played with their Under 16's so we had a day in the players' lounge with free booze and grub. I'd never been to Ibrox as I refuse to give them my hard-earned so I went along and it wasn't too bad. Probably only cos Velicka's missus was sat in front of me and she is a pretty tidy piece of Lithuanian merch.

EDIT: The H-word is still banned on here? :doh:

No wonder people call us h**s without the bus fare :P

Il be there, In the 'well end!

Shite comment that. :doh:

It's one thing Celtic fans saying that about Motherwell fans but it's another thing altogether when you've got Motherwell fans saying it about their fellow fans.

I've read folk on here before saying that they'll be sitting in the Celtic end at Parkhead before, or the Hibs end at Easter Road etc, so it's not unheard of for fans to occasionally sit in the opponents end if they get a free ticket or something. I'm sure they'd rather be sitting in the Motherwell end if given the choice.

No wonder people call us h**s without the bus fare :P

Il be there, In the 'well end!

That's harsh, dee. Those who will be in the club deck have said they will have a free ticket and free food and drink. Good luck to them, and look at it this way, Rangers won't be getting a penny from them. It's Christmas and money is tight for many just now, so why not take them for a freebie ?

How much are Rangers charging away fans ? It's expensive for many, especially families who need several tickets.

Tough game of course, but it's the season of miracles :doh: . Anyway, it's clear that the Old Firm really are at their most vulnerable for a long time. The results are there to see. If it's possible to get a point at Celtic, it's also possible at Rangers.

That's harsh, dee. Those who will be in the club deck have said they will have a free ticket and free food and drink. Good luck to them, and look at it this way, Rangers won't be getting a penny from them. It's Christmas and money is tight for many just now, so why not take them for a freebie ?

How much are Rangers charging away fans ? It's expensive for many, especially families who need several tickets.

Tough game of course, but it's the season of miracles :P . Anyway, it's clear that the Old Firm really are at their most vulnerable for a long time. The results are there to see. If it's possible to get a point at Celtic, it's also possible at Rangers.

Spot on mate !! By the way Ive paid £35 for the boy and myself which is not that bad ,but the four of us can go to the cimema sit in the warm for £22

£35 for the two of you isn't too bad, IMO, though I fully understand it's a lot for some at this time of year and in the current economic climate. Fingers crossed it's money well spent and the performance makes it a day to remember. :D

At least it's not "42 quid to watch reserves" !!! :P

The only time I have stood with opposition supporters was at Fir Park.

Back in 1974 The Well were to play Celtic in the Cup. I didn't really fancy the game,and I had arranged to go to Edinburgh with the girlfriend but her kid took sick and she called off. I had tickets for the Scotland game on the following Wednesday so that was another reason why I wasn't bothered about the Well, we were in a bit of a slump at the time.

I was in The Horseshoe having a pint when the Celtic supporters came in,after afew drinks and a bit of banter they persuaded me to join them at the game.

35 minutes in the score was Motherwell 0 Celtic 4

I had taken a bit of a slagging, so while they were hugging each other after the 4th goal, chanting thier usual chants etc. and dancing about and as I was holding their carryout, I slipped away and went hame.the game finished 0-4 as the Well picked up a bit in the second half.

I didn't enjoy the game or the score but I did enjoy their whisky and beer going down the road and I kept some back for the Scotland game. :D

So as long as you are getting free food and booze I don't see any harm in it.

Edited by Auldyin

I'am in hospitality as well tomorrow :lol: got the chance of it this morning so it saves me running down for a ticket and to pay £25.

There's a real chance of us getting a doing tomorrow if Rangers come out the traps the way they played against United the other night and if we sit as deep as we did against Celtic in the 2nd half last week.

I would play Murphy left wing tomorrow so he'll be up against Broadfoot, who he ripped apart with his pace when he came on two years ago when Coach scored on Boxing Day. Bring in Hutchinson for Yassin and move Saunders to right back, Coke in for Meechan and i wouldn't be surprised to see Pollock start in place of McHugh who's meant to be carrying a knock.

Hopefully Rangers will be shite and we might be able to sneak a victory.

So moving our most consistent performers so far this season, out of the positions they've been effective in, to different positions for the game at Ibrox seems to be what we're thinking here?????

I don't think Gannon's found Murphys most effective position yet to be honest but tomorrow is an ideal oppurtunity to put him up against somebody that is much slower (Broadfoot) than him and gain an advantage from it. As for Saunders he's been excellent so far at centre back and with Hutchinson a more than capable replacement for him there it would be worth shifting him out to right back as he can defend and Yassin can't. As for the games that Saunders has played Right Back he has always showed that he can get forward and get to the bye line to get crosses in (they can't be any worse than Yassins attempts either).

I don't think Gannon's found Murphys most effective position yet to be honest but tomorrow is an ideal oppurtunity to put him up against somebody that is much slower (Broadfoot) than him and gain an advantage from it. As for Saunders he's been excellent so far at centre back and with Hutchinson a more than capable replacement for him there it would be worth shifting him out to right back as he can defend and Yassin can't. As for the games that Saunders has played Right Back he has always showed that he can get forward and get to the bye line to get crosses in (they can't be any worse than Yassins attempts either).

The opportunity to torment Broadfoot is an appealing one, but I would argue that Jamie Murphy has looked more involved and at ease in the first team over the last three or four games then he ever has.

I can't recollect who it was who believed that playing on the wing actually inhibited Murphy but recent evidence supports that theory. Where he's playing at the moment seems offer a best of all worlds scenario in that he has license to roam all over the park rather, using his pace and technique to beat players than be inhibited and more easily closed down on the wing.

It's Jamie Murphy's emergence in that role that has arguably been the death of O'Brien. He's tried O'Brien in that position on a handful of occasions and never quite cut it but Murph has taken to it like a duck to water and I'd be of a mind to give him further experience tomorrow at Ibrox.

But there's nothing to stop him dancing up the wing to waste time when we're a couple up with 10 minutes to go mind you.... :doh: