Ticket Office

Nijholt91

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Leann and keep up the good work !!!!

Also ...well said to the poster re the fact that people only ever seem to complain on these boards never praise or highlight good practice whether it is about the police, stewards or club admin.

If you're a regular on here you'll see a lot of folk myself included defending the club.

However if your gonna include a broad brush approach.

Now I haven't seen a huge debate over this (there has been the odd thread).

Good Practice????

Hassle Motherwell Fans to sit down at every single match, Take inflatables off Killie Fans, Banners of Dons Fans, Hassle all non OF fans to sit down. Throw them out regularly!!!

Then 7 days ago do what they always do - allow entire stands full of OF fans stand for the entire 90 mins and allow them to fly every banner they like.

???????

C'mon now! Even a Gold Medal Happy Clapper like maself is shaking my head at that pish!

If you're a regular on here you'll see a lot of folk myself included defending the club.

However if your gonna include a broad brush approach.

Now I haven't seen a huge debate over this (there has been the odd thread).

Good Practice????

Hassle Motherwell Fans to sit down at every single match, Take inflatables off Killie Fans, Banners of Dons Fans, Hassle all non OF fans to sit down. Throw them out regularly!!!

Then 7 days ago do what they always do - allow entire stands full of OF fans stand for the entire 90 mins and allow them to fly every banner they like.

???????

C'mon now! Even a Gold Medal Happy Clapper like maself is shaking my head at that pish!

C'mon now Steve even Santa cant get us a fair crack of the whip when the Old Scum comes to town , I haven't heard as to whether the stewards had the Brass neck to tell any of our own regular standers to sit down during that game ,that would certainly be hypocrisy of the worst kind.

Leeann should possibly have 'respected' the fact that a Motherwell fan had gone out there way during normal business hours and was angry that they made a fundamental mistake. I'm pretty sure both sides have calmed doon.

Yup. When you're in the front line dealing with customers and you do (or don't do) something that causes them a problem, you just have to suck it up and accept with good grace that you got it wrong. Ranting back at the customer isn't a terribly professional response-- you're the one being paid to deal with that sort of thing, and the consequences of doing it wrong. The customer ain't.

Bit unfair on Leeann , she probably wasnt at the club when the lunch was booked.

Now that she is here and has found her feet im sure she'll be having a word with the relevant person at the SPL to make sure the silly football doesnt interfere with the Turkey luncheon next year :lol:

Oh and i hope Bain and whoever it is at FC Nonce get a similar response when they ask for their 5% ticket fee.

Bit unfair on Leeann , she probably wasnt at the club when the lunch was booked.

Now that she is here and has found her feet im sure she'll be having a word with the relevant person at the SPL to make sure the silly football doesnt interfere with the Turkey luncheon next year :lol:

Oh and i hope Bain and whoever it is at FC Nonce get a similar response when they ask for their 5% ticket fee.

Fuxache - she joined the club in 2008

Fuxache - she joined the club in 2008

i think the poster ML1's point was a satirical dig at the fact it seems every time dempster comes on here "before i was the club" is thrown out as a soft excuse.

also heavy rumours at the game that nijholt91 is actually sc dave and that him and dempster could be set for a hardcore match in the cooper car park. anyone confirm or deny? very exciting.

i think the poster ML1's point was a satirical dig at the fact it seems every time dempster comes on here "before i was the club" is thrown out as a soft excuse.

also heavy rumours at the game that nijholt91 is actually sc dave and that him and dempster could be set for a hardcore match in the cooper car park. anyone confirm or deny? very exciting.

Don't think so mate - I know SC Dave's very well - he's my nephew. Have no clue who Nijholt 91 is.

I think the fact that this time last year there were threads on here every other day about the club's latest communication or admin balls up and this is the first one in ages is a good sign of progress. Its also a good warning shot for the people in power not to get complacent. I understand that LD was maybe frustrated that a mistake was made under her watch and the office being shut was not communicated and the tone of the original post but that response was totally unacceptable. Treat people with respect, especially as she acknowledged an error was made.

They havent been shut all afternoon, I was up at 12.20 and it was open but aye I see your point mate!

Obviously Motherwell are on budget and cant afford the dinner menu, would rather have a wee cheap lunch ^_^

Aww come on folks, loads of offices go for Xmas Lunch, and I know a lot of folk prefer that to night time. My office tried a dinner a couple of years and a lot of people could not go at night because they had other commitments so we ended up putting it back to lunchtime. They're as entitled to a Xmas party as anybody else. Also a lot of Xmas do's have to be booked early in the year, ie before the fixture lists are out, and before they know there is a ticket only game.

Evening everyone, firstly can I say that I can accept the fact that my response to the original post was robust. I'll be open and honest with you all and say that the reason for such a response was the reference to F ing idiots. I just felt that the language was totally unnecessary and at the time it really upset me to think that because of essentially an oversight on our part that we were being branded as such.

I should perhaps of waited to respond or indeed requested that this individual contact me directly but sometimes I do say what is on my mind - although in hindsight it did me no favours this time and I understand the comments made. Being honest, pretty direct and plain speaking is the way I have always worked and (in general) this has been and will continue to be of benefit to the club.

I have said already in this forum that we want and welcome feedback - it is the only way to improve what we do at FP. We really are trying and I am striving to bring everyone along with me in my commitment to make Motherwell the best community, family and fan focused club in the country. I know I keep saying this to anyone who will listen but I really do mean it.

A few points to note

• We have improved our communication to you all but I accept that we messed up this week in not advising of the ticket office closure on Thursday afternoon, an no doubt that inconvenience some folk and for that we are sorry. All concerned won't make that mistake again.

• Although on sale for the best part of three weeks - we should have opened the office this morning for last minute tickets and I'll talk to the team about that on Monday. Diane and myself were at the ground earlier today working on another project and for some fans who came to the office, we were able to locate the balance of the tickets and sell them a ticket. Not ideal I accept but we did try to help on the day.

• We have increased our investment into the staffing and technical elements of the ticketing system so hopefully you will see us improve more over the coming weeks. I truly believe we have a better offering now than we did say 6 months ago however I accept that it still needs to be slicker and more organised but we really are trying.

I'll sign off now but as ever, talk to me, moan at us, perhaps even feedback the good comment but please just keep talking to us.

Leeann

I think the point is NOBODY was informed they were only open in the morning .

Most folk have phones now. Couldn't he have phoned and checked, especially at this time of year?

Also I think youse are being a bit harsh on Leeann, as my family have dealt with her a lot and she has always been fine with us. She is certainly not arrogant. She is good at her job and is behind a lot of improvements at the club. If you think her reply is cheeky, then think again. She has a point. Why should she have to justify her staff having a Christmas day out. After all they work hard all year. And, to the person who asked if the holidays wasn't enough time to sit with their feet up, you forget they won't get much of a break over the holidays as we have two home games so while most people will be sitting on holiday on Boxing Day, and the 2nd January, and the time in between, the staff at Fir Park will still be working.

Hope you all have a good Xmas and New Year

Evening everyone, firstly can I say that I can accept the fact that my response to the original post was robust. I'll be open and honest with you all and say that the reason for such a response was the reference to F ing idiots.

Good post Leeann. An offensive accusation justifies a robust defence. Maybe I'm completely wrong but I doubt if Mr/Ms Nijholt91 would like to be referred to as an "F ing idiot" in public. No doubt too the first time they are invited to a Christmas lunch during work hours they will decline. Ok a mistake may have been made but I doubt if there are many members of this site who have NEVER made a mistake. The office staff do a good job and deserve a Christmas lunch.

Why would you call someone to ask if they are open during their posted business hours?

Because I would be making allowances for it being Christmas, and the fact that many people do go out for office lunches in the couple of weeks before Christmas. Also the weather we've been having the last few days, lots of offices allow their staff away early to make sure they get home safely, especially if they are travelling any distance so I would also phone to check for that reason.

Because I would be making allowances for it being Christmas, and the fact that many people do go out for office lunches in the couple of weeks before Christmas. Also the weather we've been having the last few days, lots of offices allow their staff away early to make sure they get home safely, especially if they are travelling any distance so I would also phone to check for that reason.

I think that makes you 1/100. Or just talking shite.

to be fair if someone called my staff or family fucking idiots then I'd respond in exactly the same manner as Leeann did. Just because she works for the club and is an official, doesn't mean she's not entitled to respond in exactly the same way as the majority of posters would when defending their own.

Really? You would call Morrisons or Comet before you shopped there this week? Most businesses extend their hours at Christmas, not randomly close without notice.

The club made a mistake in this instance. End of.

Not if you're in PR.

If you inconvenience a paying customer due to a mistake you made, you need to suck it up and try and make good.

Indeed. Anyone here who's worked in a call centre will know that if a customer phones up and swears at you because they're upset, then having a go back at them is an absolute no-no. Standard practice is to keep the heid and politely tell them that you won't deal with their issue until they moderate their language, and if they won't, then you just end the call without being drawn into a slagging match.

Really? You would call Morrisons or Comet before you shopped there this week? Most businesses extend their hours at Christmas, not randomly close without notice.

The club made a mistake in this instance. End of.

No. I shop online!! And there is a big difference between a supermarket with loads of staff and the ticket office with only a few.

to be fair if someone called my staff or family fucking idiots then I'd respond in exactly the same manner as Leeann did. Just because she works for the club and is an official, doesn't mean she's not entitled to respond in exactly the same way as the majority of posters would when defending their own.

Agree with that. Hands up anyone who would just let it go if someone went online like that and called a member of their family (or a member of their staff) a "fucking idiot" when then they have probably never even met them.

What has family got to do with anything? :lol: The point weeyin made about supermarkets etc is spot on.

Someone called the folk who closed the ticket office without any sort of notice "fucking idiots" which is fine by me, because they were fucking idiotic to close it. Leeann comes on in a huff, that's unacceptable. She then apologises, fair play.

Stop trying to defend the club on a matter which there is no defence.

To be fair to the club I got sored with a ticketpretty late in the day.

Didnt get paid until Friday so phoned up Fri afternoon 3PM ish to (hopefully) get a ticket. Couldn't get to the ground before the game but they arranged for me to pick it up at Ibrox.

Despite me admittedly having slight concerns, when I got to Ibrox, sure enough my ticket was there waiting for me at the Waddell ticket office.

Being one of the fair few fans who dont stay anywhere near Fir Park, I have to say the ticketing situation has vastly improved.