Ticket Office

Nijholt91

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if you're in PR.

If you inconvenience a paying customer due to a mistake you made, you need to suck it up and try and make good.

Don't agree with that, wee yin. To hide behind the excuse of being a 'paying customer' doesn't give anyone the right to behave as they wish. You can't just toss a few coins at someone and then think you have carte blanche. Anyone who dishes it out has to be prepared to take it, IMO.

Don't agree with that, wee yin. To hide behind the excuse of being a 'paying customer' doesn't give anyone the right to behave as they wish. You can't just toss a few coins at someone and then think you have carte blanche. Anyone who dishes it out has to be prepared to take it, IMO.

Erm, no. Just because you don't like being labelled as a customer doesn't make it any less of a fact.

Football clubs are businesses, fans are customers. Fact.

this isn't an official forum

B-)

The thing is when Club representatives regularlly post in an official capacity on this site it can be a bit hard to tell at times! Maybe the Club should have its own "official" log in so we know exactly when its an individuals view and when it's the official party line so to speak?

Erm, no. Just because you don't like being labelled as a customer doesn't make it any less of a fact.

Fair enough if you think that way, but being a 'paying customer' doesn't give anyone the right to be abusive, and those who are have to be prepared to take a bit back. Perhaps then they'll think about their behaviour. That's communication on a human level, none of this buyer/seller stuff. You treat others as you wish to be treated, and if any customer in any walk of life is obnoxious, those who are subjected to it have right of response. Only fair.

If I phoned my bank or the gas board and was aggressive for whatever reason, I'd think less of the person on the other end if they didn't pull me up about it.

Not really. That's just a glib assertion you've heard and are happy to trot out. Football clubs are beloved community institutions,nothing like a business at all in my view. If we serve up a shite display you don't just bugger off and watch a side that's winning. I'm with you on the ticket office shutting ealy/without notice though,not the best.

Fair enough if you think that way, but being a 'paying customer' doesn't give anyone the right to be abusive, and those who are have to be prepared to take a bit back. Perhaps then they'll think about their behaviour. That's communication on a human level, none of this buyer/seller stuff. You treat others as you wish to be treated, and if any customer in any walk of life is obnoxious, those who are subjected to it have right of response. Only fair.

Aye fair enough, it's slightly different. Ye can shout at members of staff at football, ye cany at Tesco.

If I phoned my bank or the gas board and was aggressive for whatever reason, I'd think less of the person on the other end if they didn't pull me up about it.

B-) Wel you'd think less of everyone you speak to then, no one would be cheeky or aggressive to a paying customer, especially over a mistake they have made.

Hmmmm, all seems like a get out of jail free card to me. "I've paid a few quid so can behave exactly as I like and you just have to take it". If someone is being unpleasant ( and I'm talking in generalties here, not on relation to MFC Xmas dinner thing ) I don't see anything wrong with telling them about it, and money shouldn't come into it. Perhaps I just don't fit into this 'customer service' world we live in B-)

The ticket office has always been a shambles, for instance, the time i went up to get a ticket for a game at tynecastle, i was there half an hour before the advertised closing time and was told that the til had been emptied and counted so they couldn't sell me any tickets. I was absolutely fuming. To be fair, this was before Leanne arrived at the club but still, if i had taken a trip to the post office during the advertised opening hours to find it was shut i wouldn't have been best pleased, cant really defend the club on this one. If you phone every place of business your visiting over the festive period to check they're no away for a scran then your fucking mental.

Hmmmm, all seems like a get out of jail free card to me. "I've paid a few quid so can behave exactly as I like and you just have to take it". If someone is being unpleasant ( and I'm talking in generalties here, not on relation to MFC Xmas dinner thing ) I don't see anything wrong with telling them about it, and money shouldn't come into it. Perhaps I just don't fit into this 'customer service' world we live in B-)

If you worked in a shop, and a customer brought something back because they had been overcharged (as an example), and they demanded a refund by saying something along the lines of "get it done...this is a fucking joke, can you not even scan a proper price?), if you dealt with them in any way other than accepting the blame and being apologetic, then putting the situation right, you'd be handed your jotters before you could even try to make a case for yourself. 'Flow has worked in a customer service area for years at quite a high level...and his response on this thread is exactly what would be expected.

If you worked in a shop, and a customer brought something back because they had been overcharged (as an example), and they demanded a refund by saying something along the lines of "get it done...this is a fucking joke, can you not even scan a proper price?), if you dealt with them in any way other than accepting the blame and being apologetic, then putting the situation right, you'd be handed your jotters before you could even try to make a case for yourself. 'Flow has worked in a customer service area for years at quite a high level...and his response on this thread is exactly what would be expected.

i think its important to highlight the fact that the original poster has not (to my knowledge anyway) been f - ing and blinding at anyone. Venting you frustration on an internet forum and swearing at the staff in the office are very differeny things. I wouldn't accept the latter at all, no matter what the circumstance.

i think its important to highlight the fact that the original poster has not (to my knowledge anyway) been f - ing and blinding at anyone. Venting you frustration on an internet forum and swearing at the staff in the office are very differeny things. I wouldn't accept the latter at all, no matter what the circumstance.

Couldn't agree more. Mistakes happen, you don't go talking to people like that and expect to get away with it. And you're totally right, the original poster isn't the target here. We've digressed onto a wider point, though the "fucking idiots" remark was a bit harsh.

We've digressed onto a wider point, though the "fucking idiots" remark was a bit harsh.

I don't see how it is. If I went two hours out my way (as well as leaving work early) only to find out it was closed, I'm pretty sure I'd think the person responsible for making me go out my way by so much were/are fucking idiots.

I had a problem with tickets a few weeks back and found the service from the ticket office and Leann Dempster herself absolutely first class. I sent an e-mail late on a Friday eve and got a reply almost instantly and the problem was solved the next morning.

I should point out that the initial problem was not of the ticket offices making. Can understand the frustrations on both sides in this case but I think we have to support the obvious effort the staff at Fir Park are making.

Couldn't agree more. Mistakes happen, you don't go talking to people like that and expect to get away with it. And you're totally right, the original poster isn't the target here. We've digressed onto a wider point, though the "fucking idiots" remark was a bit harsh.

Yes that comment was harsh and it was certainly in the heat of the moment. I have sent a PM to Leeann apologizing and to be honest just wish the topic would disappear down the boards