Ticket Office

Nijholt91

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadful response from Leeann. I would have been raging if it was me that wasted my time going for fuck all. I would imagine that most tickets for the game are sold on the week of the game so making the excuse that they have been on sale since the end of November is petty. Club clearly at fault so don't criticise the most important people (the fans) to the club.

That is a bit rich - the same idiots that have had the ticket office open 6 days a week recently, have been working their backside off to deliver a better more rounded service to all. The same idiots that have had the tickets on sale since the 28th November available by person, by post or for collectionat Ibrox so three ways that they could be bought. I could go on, yes we went for our Christmas lunch and if you must know - booked before the fixtures were announced but remind me next time and I'll consult my crystal ball.

Yes we should have put it on our website that the office was closed but there has been a lot happening - the small matter of two old firm games back to back - and we simply forgot, Alan has already held his hands up – sorry won't happen again.

A cardinal sin committed, we closed the ticket office early ONCE this year and all of a sudden we are all idiots. It must be great to be perfect, never have to learn by your mistakes. I'll finish now because you'll see from my words that I am disappointed to say the least.

Charming - merry christmas to you too.

Face it - a 9-5 business which has a good possibility of having fans looking to use their services. Why would you close during the day?

Also great timing to close early the day before a ticket game, from experience probably the busiest time for buying tickets with those waiting til last minute to decide whether they are going or not. Aren't the holidays coming up ample enough time to put your feet up?

That is a bit rich - the same idiots that have had the ticket office open 6 days a week recently, have been working their backside off to deliver a better more rounded service to all. The same idiots that have had the tickets on sale since the 28th November available by person, by post or for collectionat Ibrox so three ways that they could be bought. I could go on, yes we went for our Christmas lunch and if you must know - booked before the fixtures were announced but remind me next time and I'll consult my crystal ball.

Yes we should have put it on our website that the office was closed but there has been a lot happening - the small matter of two old firm games back to back - and we simply forgot, Alan has already held his hands up – sorry won't happen again.

A cardinal sin committed, we closed the ticket office early ONCE this year and all of a sudden we are all idiots. It must be great to be perfect, never have to learn by your mistakes. I'll finish now because you'll see from my words that I am disappointed to say the least.

Brilliant reply :lol:

It doesn't matter that there's been "a lot happening" B-) Closing the ticket office during hours it is normally open without letting people know is not good enough in any business.

I cant beleve people are angry that an office went out for xmas lunch.

How far do you have to drive, do you live that far, if so why not phone and get your ticket posted.

I wish all I had to worry about was a wasted Journey to Fir park.

Leeann, thanks to you and all the Fir park staff for a good service over the years and hope you enjoyed the lunch

Rant over

A love the folk who all back the club no matter what in this kinda situation B-) Tinted specs. Anyhoo, I'm with Nijholt here for the reasons being :

1. There was no warning, announcement or even a mutter on these forums that the ticket office would be closed. A lot happening due to two Old Firm games in a week? Have yous not had the experience of that in the past 2-3 years when we've always seemed to face them back to back.

2. Surely Christmas lunch could have been held back until the office was closed. Very poor tbh.

3. Leann, from your response you've came across very arrogant, mind you that's an in thing at the club. Many folk would be quick on the phone to complain about that. Nijholt isn't just a fan but a customer aswell, keeping you in a job with the money he puts into the club. If your working with customers no matter who they are or what they are you have to respect them. And your response is just completely rude.

I've actually heard alot of praise about Leann and what she's done at the club but that was just utterly shocking.

People, can everyone please get a sense of perspective here before this thread degenerates any further.

Nijholts "Fucking Idiots" line was a bit harsh and probaly typed in the heat of the moment similar to some of us posting straight after a game.

Leeannes post whilst you have to applaud her for defending her staff so passionatley could have been a bit more tactful and probably again heat of the moment and reactive.

In the grander scheme of things there are many many unsung heroes on the non playing staff at the club who work thier arses off for us.

Perhaps this was not the best way to air this grievance, maybe a wee email to the club or to leeane would have been better, however whats done is done lessons to be learned (have been learned ).

Perhaps this was not the best way to air this grievance, maybe a wee email to the club or to leeane would have been better, however whats done is done lessons to be learned (have been learned ).

I have never heard of anyone getting a response back so thats oot the window!

we'll be lucky to take 400 to ibrox tomorrow so for the club to be so dimissive of someone who wants to put their time and money towards supporting the team is a poor imo.

the ticket office opening hours aren't the most accessible for people who don't live locally or have to work. i had to send someone else up today to get mine as shutting at half 3 with no opening tomorrow morning meant i couldn't get them myself. the club and all the jobs within it only exist due to the support of a relatively very small number of fans, dempster would do well to remember this before posting in future.

How far do you have to drive, do you live that far, if so why not phone and get your ticket posted.

Leeann, thanks to you and all the Fir park staff for a good service over the years and hope you enjoyed the lunch

Rant over

I think the point is NOBODY was informed they were only open in the morning .

See to be honest, I believe the club has been making great strides in communicating with the fans but the response from Leeann is more than a tad cheeky. You wouldn't get away with that customer service in most places.

I must politely request that phrase not be used in the football context. We football fans are not customers and should never want to be. Your football team isn't like buying washing powder; you're not buying into a brand or a lifestyle, it goes much deeper. The modern day football clubs want us to be customers and act accordingly, but it's vital fans concentrate upon community values and demand to have a relationship with our clubs that goes beyond consumerism - those values money can't buy.

Not having a go at you LD, but I cringe when I hear customer/customer service used in the context of football fans.

Aye tongue in the cheek TL ! B-)

Not tongue in cheek at all, mate. I know better than most what it's like to be treated as a consumer rather than a fan, and I bitterly resent it. Those who work in the sales and marketing departments at my own club have no idea how the lifelong fans think, many of whom can no longer afford to attend. They aren't the 'target deomgraphic', so don't matter.

Anyway, I could go on all night about this and won't bore you :lol:

Rant over

I can spot a flaw in that :nod:

I must politely request that phrase not be used in the football context. We football fans are not customers and should never want to be. Your football team isn't like buying washing powder; you're not buying into a brand or a lifestyle, it goes much deeper. The modern day football clubs want us to be customers and act accordingly, but it's vital fans concentrate upon community values and demand to have a relationship with our clubs that goes beyond consumerism - those values money can't buy.

Not having a go at you LD, but I cringe when I hear customer/customer service used in the context of football fans.

Fair play TL, I can see where you are coming from, particularly with the United hat on. The sales/marketing drive can be sickening at times when community values and a love for a club is sadly overlooked.

On this occassion though, the ticket office is there to provide us paying customers with a service. And while they have admitted an error in not notifying us of an early closing time a couple of days before a ticket match, the arrogant response from a senior member of staff is bang out of order and harps back to the old regime at Fir Park.

Digressing slightly, I think its pretty poor that the office is not opened this morning. Yes I know the tickets have been on sale for donkeys but gone are the days when you can wake up on a Saturday morning with a sudden urge to get yourself a ticket and follow your team away from home. Dare I say that if it wasn't the weekend before Christmas, the office may well be open this morning?

Well said Leann and keep up the good work !!!!

Also ...well said to the poster re the fact that people only ever seem to complain on these boards never praise or highlight good practice whether it is about the police, stewards or club admin.

I think having a go at the girls in the ticket office about this is completely OTT. It's doubt it would have been their decision to have the Christmas lunch at that time. The choice was probably made to have it during office hours, the same as many offices, because then they could get everyone together rather than having it out of hours and noone going because it's bad enough having to see half the people you work with in work never mind in your own time.

It's been acknowledged that a notice should have been posted on the official site, but was forgotten about and an apology has been made for that. I can understand Leeanne's reaction as well though. She's more than entitled to defend her staff, and the girls in that ticket office have had more than there fair share of shit to put up with over the last year and a bit. If Nijholt had had his little rant in the ticket office to the girls faces I'm sure he would have been told where to go and what they thought of it so no differnce from it being on here.

And all this pish about the customer's always right and someone saying you have to show your customers respct is bullshit. In my experience of dealing with the public a fairly hefty percentage of them are idiots or arseholes, or both, so if your not going to give people respect you're not going to get it back.

EDIT: Should point out I'm not trying to say Nijholt is an idiot or an arsehole.

I think having a go at the girls in the ticket office about this is completely OTT. It's doubt it would have been their decision to have the Christmas lunch at that time. The choice was probably made to have it during office hours, the same as many offices, because then they could get everyone together rather than having it out of hours and noone going because it's bad enough having to see half the people you work with in work never mind in your own time.

It's been acknowledged that a notice should have been posted on the official site, but was forgotten about and an apology has been made for that. I can understand Leeanne's reaction as well though. She's more than entitled to defend her staff, and the girls in that ticket office have had more than there fair share of shit to put up with over the last year and a bit. If Nijholt had had his little rant in the ticket office to the girls faces I'm sure he would have been told where to go and what they thought of it so no differnce from it being on here.

And all this pish about the customer's always right and someone saying you have to show your customers respct is bullshit. In my experience of dealing with the public a fairly hefty percentage of them are idiots or arseholes, or both, so if your not going to give people respect you're not going to get it back.

EDIT: Should point out I'm not trying to say Nijholt is an idiot or an arsehole.

Right back to basics on this.

The original post wasn't a go at the girls in the ticket office or their right to have a Christmas night out on the run up to a ticket game - it was a go at the decision to close during regular business hours and fail to advertise that to the Motherwell support - and by the way it MUST have crossed someones mind to do it!!!

The guy who posted was angry at having left work early and drive a distance to pass by the office and collect a ticket.

Secondly if I recall by and large there is a fair deal of support and appreciation for the job the girls do in the ticket office. All through the Nancy / Inverurie ticketing debacles club policy and infrastructure was lambasted but by and large everyone appreciated the girls were caught in the crossfire doing an admirable job.

Yeah there's a lot of moaning on here - but there's a lot of support for the club in every single debate.

Leeann should possibly have 'respected' the fact that a Motherwell fan had gone out there way during normal business hours and was angry that they made a fundamental mistake. I'm pretty sure both sides have calmed doon.