sydney devine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In related news...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/n...nnell-ends.html

By PAUL DRURY

LAW chiefs have finally finished their report into the death of Motherwell ace Phil O'Donnell - days before the second anniversary of the tragedy.

The Well skipper collapsed on the pitch at Fir Park during his side's 5-3 win over Dundee United.

Medics battled to save him, but the 35-year-old dad-of-four died of a previously undiagnosed heart condition.

Yesterday it was revealed the procurator fiscal has finished a probe into the tragedy and the findings will be passed to the Crown in Edinburgh.

A decision will then be taken on whether to hold a Fatal Accident Inquiry - the usual procedure when someone dies at work.

Insiders predict a decision should be made early in the New Year and, if an FAI is ordered, then Phil's team-mates are expected to be called as witnesses.

Although the cause of the former Celtic and Scotland star's death is already known, the inquiry would try to establish if everything had been done to prevent the tragedy.

Next week Phil's widow Eileen - mum to Megan, 14, Christopher, 12, Olivia, nine and six-year-old Luc - will lead a 10-mile charity walk in his honour between Fir Park and Celtic Park.

Eileen, 37, said: "Christmas can be difficult for a lot of people, so even if folk are not doing the walk just for Phil it might give them some comfort to join us."

I'm working. However, we've sponsored a young chap who had his sponsor sheet at the Cooper Suite on Sat evening.. :D

I'll encourage our youngest and her father to walk.

You were at my wifes 40th and sponsored my son? I've read some of you posts before, like the ones about your London trip, and mentioned to my wife that a female member of HODC was a regular poster, but I never knew who it was. In fact, I still don't really know, but I can narrow it down now. I'll be checking his sponsor sheet when I get home from work. :rolleyes:

I think he pestered everone in the hall to sponser him, and came home with a tidy sum for the cause. He is really looking forward to it.

You were at my wifes 40th and sponsored my son? I've read some of you posts before, like the ones about your London trip, and mentioned to my wife that a female member of HODC was a regular poster, but I never knew who it was. In fact, I still don't really know, but I can narrow it down now. I'll be checking his sponsor sheet when I get home from work. :P

I think he pestered everone in the hall to sponser him, and came home with a tidy sum for the cause. He is really looking forward to it.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm working. However, we've sponsored a young chap who had his sponsor sheet at the Cooper Suite on Sat evening.. :doh:

I'll encourage our youngest and her father to walk.

i was tin the cooper on saturday night but never seen a a sponsor sheet!

i was at the first table sitting myself for a while til the rest of the staff appeared lol!!

if Christopher had came over with his sheet i would have sponsored him!

i was tin the cooper on saturday night but never seen a a sponsor sheet!

i was at the first table sitting myself for a while til the rest of the staff appeared lol!!

if Christopher had came over with his sheet i would have sponsored him!

I remember you coming in, I thought you had been stood up :D .

I'll make sure Chris seeks you out on Saturday for sponsorship. :P

I would love to participate in this, might not get too great a sponser money cos it would be short notice at work to get folk to dig deep, i'm trying to get a half day.

thing is does anyone know how long the walk is likely to take cos i would need to go into work after it, i'll be knackered but work in town so could just get a bus in from celtic park?

cheers

I would love to participate in this, might not get too great a sponser money cos it would be short notice at work to get folk to dig deep, i'm trying to get a half day.

thing is does anyone know how long the walk is likely to take cos i would need to go into work after it, i'll be knackered but work in town so could just get a bus in from celtic park?

cheers

If the conditions improve to something of a normality I would guess at 2 to 2 and a half hours. If the snow was like this I'm no too sure.

I remember you coming in, I thought you had been stood up ;) .

I'll make sure Chris seeks you out on Saturday for sponsorship. :O

i should be so lucky!!

i'm sure every member of the groundstaff will sponsor him if he gives us a hand to lift the covers from the pitch!!! :P

Is money to be handed in tomorrow for this?

I don't think so. I contacted emailed the number and a Simon Donnelly ( I think it is the one) emailed me back and said hang on to it and a collection process will be posted on the website ASAP. Anyways I haven't got half the money pledged in. Alot of people wont pay until they know the activity has been completed. I'm up at £330 just now so that is not a bad effort.

Got there just on time to see the walkers head off (I was working today so could join in).

around 50 I would say set off and I noticed a few ex steelmen in the ranks

EDIT okay I can't count more like 200

I would say there were more like a few hundred.

My feet are killing me now but well worth the effort, surprisingly my 2 girls enjoyed it, was murder walking on ice virtually the whole way. Great effort by everyone who done the walk for a great cause and to remember Phil.