Time To Go Gannon!

Blakey

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Blakey is onto something here, so today to ease his worrying about the management and players, I have been to see

T McLean invited him back as manager

H Kampmann as his assistant

Lined up some experience for the visit of St Johnstone, the line up next week will be

McCrae

Rab McKinnon

Brian Martin

John Philiben

Joe Wark

Billy Campbell

Bobby Graham

Paul lambert

John gaghan

Dougie Arnott

Wullie P

Dick Campbell's profile as a manager has never been higher than just now. Matbe its time he stepped back upto the Top Flight as our new gaffer. Dick will have us fighting with heart and hand, sword and shield and would definately help bring along the young apprentices in our squad

I do not agree that Gannon has to go, thats a ridiculous statement.

On the other hand though, his tactics and decisions in the last few games have been horrible.

Spot On!

Question's must be answered.

When's he going to learn that this kind of football where trying to play isn't working, it's okay having the ball passed about the back four, but where not creating spaces while doing it. Very poor. No penetration when on the ball, no creativity. Every player in the first quarter of the pitch when defending, so when we do win the ball we have to play tight football in our own half, which this team can't do. Yassin's atitude yesterday was terrible couple of occasions he gave up in chasing the ball before it had wen't out the park. Same points every week. This issue with dicipline is very average. It's so good saying " Gannon what do you make of the relegation scrap that your team are currently in?" " It's dissapointing but where the best diciplined team in the spl". It's starting to show in our play, not closing down and not putting in enough challenges, which could run the risk of commiting a foul. Being the team with less yellow cards and fouls doesn't win us games.

let us see an improvement on saturday.

Spot On!

Question's must be answered.

When's he going to learn that this kind of football where trying to play isn't working, it's okay having the ball passed about the back four, but where not creating spaces while doing it. Very poor. No penetration when on the ball, no creativity. Every player in the first quarter of the pitch when defending, so when we do win the ball we have to play tight football in our own half, which this team can't do. Yassin's atitude yesterday was terrible couple of occasions he gave up in chasing the ball before it had wen't out the park. Same points every week. This issue with dicipline is very average. It's so good saying " Gannon what do you make of the relegation scrap that your team are currently in?" " It's dissapointing but where the best diciplined team in the spl". It's starting to show in our play, not closing down and not putting in enough challenges, which could run the risk of commiting a foul. Being the team with less yellow cards and fouls doesn't win us games.

let us see an improvement on saturday.

See i kind of agree that the football we aren't playing isn't working just now. But do you think it may just be at the moment we are 2 or 3 players short of being able to play this system and Gannon has recognised this and will sort it out in January with a couple of signings. So he is keeping faith with the system for the benefit of the players that can play this system. Sometimes it takes a while for teams to adapt to new styles of play and changing the system can have an advesre effect. Maybe that is his thinking and we may see an improvement in January when he can put another couple of peices of the jigsaw together. As someone has already said Rome wasn't built in a day.

I do not agree that Gannon has to go, thats a ridiculous statement.

On the other hand though, his tactics and decisions in the last few games have been horrible.

Pretty much agree with this. I'm pro-Gannon generally but actually, despite the mockery, there is at least a grain of truth in most of the points made in the original post.

Frankly, Gannon hasn't done much right in the last two months but he's treated like some kind of sacred cow because the rest of the league are so bad they've taken two months to catch up with a team with four league wins at Christmas with the last one in October. If there was a couple of decent sides outside of the top four in the league, which there isn't, we'd already have been further down the league.

A more realistic point of view is that we have been acceptably mediocre so far this season given our pre-season fears but that could change in the coming weeks and months either in a positive or negative sense. We are entering a crucial stage of the season. The next three league games and the Inverness match will give us a better idea of just how good Gannon is.

This has been one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember. I'm happy with what Gannon is trying to do and happy with where we are sitting in the league considering we are rebuilding at the moment but I find it frustrating that there never seems to be any urgency or change of style during games. Even against 10 men we have the slow, laborious build up which gives the opposition plenty of time to get everybody back behind the ball and then when we lose it they hit us on the break.

the slow, laborious build up which gives the opposition plenty of time to get everybody back behind the ball and then when we lose it they hit us on the break.

Well said. If the team is going to play silky football and build from the back then everybody has to have the skill to retain possession until the chance to score is taken with confidence and there's no way the current squad meet that requirement. At least they're converting a few of the free kicks and corners.

I think Blakey is onto something here, so today to ease his worrying about the management and players, I have been to see

T McLean invited him back as manager

H Kampmann as his assistant

Lined up some experience for the visit of St Johnstone, the line up next week will be

McCrae

Rab McKinnon

Brian Martin

John Philiben

Joe Wark

Billy Campbell

Bobby Graham

Paul lambert

John gaghan

Dougie Arnott

Wullie P

Yes made the team!!!!!!

have deliberately refrained from posting here after that embarrassment at the weekend. Now Ive calmed down I can take stock of this in a rational manner. Jim Gannon is a decent manager and has a track record of doing well with kids. Were not gonna get a better manager with the resources available to us, HOWEVER he needs to realize whos paying his wages,shut the fuck up about referees and have a good long look in the mirror. His tactics are decidedly poor at the moment and he needs to sort things out pronto or he is going to undo what good work he has done so far.

Anything short of victory in our next game is just unacceptable and 7 points in the next 3 games is a must, anything less and were gonna be stuck in a rut and in relegation danger. Yes we might be a few points away from bottom but IF we dont get a few points soon we really dont have a squad capable of fighting for points if it comes down to it, we have little to no experience and kids are not the answer when it comes to fighting tooth and nail on a muddy pitch on a cold february afternoon

Anything short of victory in our next game is just unacceptable and 7 points in the next 3 games is a must, anything less and were gonna be stuck in a rut and in relegation danger. Yes we might be a few points away from bottom but IF we dont get a few points soon we really dont have a squad capable of fighting for points if it comes down to it

Exactly what my fears are and anything less than the above mentioned haul and that's what we can look forward to.

Anything short of victory in our next game is just unacceptable

Here's me thinking I was on a Motherwell forum!

I don't think we'll ever be in a position where we can start demanding wins, we'll never be that good, and losing to Hibs, Rangers and Celtic is hardly crisis-worthy. We didn't turn into a bad team overnight, we just played three better teams.

The relegation talk is unbelievable!

wether we got beat 2-1 or 6-1 last weekend,the biggest thing is we bounce back and dont let the manner of the loss affect us, Im not demanding myself but its a fact, we MUST win the next game or at the worst draw and win the next couple, losing points in these games closes the gap between us and the teams below us and digs the rut were currently in deeper!

Weve not become a bad team overnight, weve been shite for a decent part of this season and its not the fact weve lost the last 3 games (all against the top 3 teams in the country) its the manner of these losses and the amount of goals were shipping thats worrying, coupled with the fact our squad has an average age of 22 and the majority less then 100 SPL games BETWEEN them and the real prospect of losing the 2 players responsible for the majority of our points this season means if we dont get ourselves sorted we simply dont have a squad capable of fighting in a relegation battle

I don't think we NEED to do anything - other than stay up.

We all knew this young team would have a bad spell and we take a fair few humpings. Its amazing that it hasn't happened up till now. We'll come back from it stronger - maybe on Sat maybe not.

Folk need to go away and change their breeks.

Time to keep yer tights dry people

Breeks are fine, sat isnt the last game were gonna lost this season,and we will prob have another total raping or 2 before the end of the season as well, however you admit we NEED to stay up? I wonder how you think we are we gonna do this without picking up points in the next few games?

1 win in last 10 games, 21 goals against, 11 goals for (7? by a player who will prob leave in jan) reality of losing our best + most influential player (Ruddy) in jan and a thin + very young squad! Those are the cold hard facts, we NEED to pick up points pronto or it really will be pant wetting time