Time To Go Gannon!

Blakey

This is the standard reaction from far too many fans when a team hits a bad patch. Sack the manager. As somebody else posted, we and just about every other club in the SPL would be going through 3 or 4 managers a season if this became policy.

Anybody with any sense and who has watched Motherwell for any amount of time would know that this type of thing was inevitable. We were always in a false position in the league from the start. Jim Gannon came in at the start of the season and took over a club with just about the poorest squad of players in the league. Any decent players we had were gone south, literally, leaving a rump of players that most knew were not good enough and a load of unproven kids. He brought in a couple of guys that he knew from his time in England and managed to eke out some early season results that took everybody by surprise and had them playing some good football into the bargain. One defeat in 12 games must be the best start to season any Motherwell manager has ever had.

So now we've hit a poor patch but look at the run of fixtures he was handed - Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Celtic and Rangers one after the other. And, if we are realistic, the only game we looked outclassed in was at Ibrox and look at their recent run of results - beat Dundee Utd 3-0 and beat Hibs 4-1 both away from home. To me that puts things right into perspective.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so a week after my post, I've taken the pelters I thought I would get from the off. No surprises there....However I've noticed a slight turn in attitudes since our latest defeat yesterday, some people are starting to see what I have seen since very early on...that this man is not the man for us....

I don't expect us to be challenging for the title or even europe, of course not, I've followed Motherwell long enough to know what's what and to expect us to be at that level is just pure fantasy. I do however expect us to show a bit of mettle, a bit of ability and a will to win with a manager who knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Hell, wee Tommy was far from perfect, in fact, his teams were awful to watch aswell, but under him we were a team and we had a competitive edge to us. This current team does not posses that and frankly, we look like a bunch of schoolboys who've never met each other before---Every Single Week!

In years to come, when the name 'Jim Gannon' is mentioned, Motherwell fans will shudder. Ridicule me all you like, but you will not change my opinion on this one. This man is bad news. He is an ego-maniac and is most certainly not what we need just now.

Fucking bored of all of this. He'll be our manager at the end of the season, we'll be top six and we'll still fucking moan. You're all a bunch of miserable bastards, cheer the fuck up, it wasn't even as bad as this on here under Malpas. That was proper fucking shite, players unfit and overweight, shite players, trevor fucking molloy and paul fucking keegan. Gies a break and cheer the fuck up.

Have any of you guys read what the Stockport fan said a few pages back. It is like dejavu for him. Jim Gannon is building a squad out of young players here at Fir Park. When Gannon came, yes he had an idea of Scottish fooball and could pick out a player, but he had no experience of dealing with any of the players in the Motherwell FC Youth System. Now he is here, 6 months on we are in a major development process at Fir Park. What Jim Gannon appears (and I hope he is) doing is seeing what player can play where, what the strengths and weaknesses are and what formations work and what formations do not work against the teams.

As a young team, there is bound to be, and there is many an inconsistancy with each player. That is expected from a young team and I am sure every one of you can see that. On Saturday I saw a 442 formation for the starting lineup, which worked against St. Johnstone. We were ahead at half time and obviously Gannon thought he could improve by switching the tactics, which he did. It didn't work. It hasn't worked against other teams so far, but that is also down to inconsistancies from younger players, players running out of steam, players picking up niggles and so on.

Jim Gannon's squabbles with the media, SFA, referres, well we were warned about it all so I can't see what any of you guys are actually complaining about. He is deflecting us, and the media from slaughtering some sub-standard performances so that he can assess strengths and weaknesses throughout the whole game from the perspective of a competitive match. The training field is a place to assess a player physically and see what works, but then again, are they playing against other teams in a competitive match. No.

Rebuilding a team is a long process in which Gannon has started from scratch with a new desire and I personally am confident he will see it through to the end. Right now I would reckon that his recent comments to the media slating the players could be some sort of reverse psycological tactic from the man to attempt to get them to want to win a game. Desire from the players is another matter and one which admittedly he will need to try harder to make them achieve, but with a dip in form, and increased tiredness from the young guys playing so many games could be another reason. Yes they are professional footballers, but as it has been stated, how many games did they play before this season with the pace and strength of the SPL. Very little.

Jim Gannon, will be here to the end of the season, and us as fans of Motherwell will reap the rewards. So, lets just ride the rollercoaster.

Have any of you guys read what the Stockport fan said a few pages back. It is like dejavu for him. Jim Gannon is building a squad out of young players here at Fir Park. When Gannon came, yes he had an idea of Scottish fooball and could pick out a player, but he had no experience of dealing with any of the players in the Motherwell FC Youth System. Now he is here, 6 months on we are in a major development process at Fir Park. What Jim Gannon appears (and I hope he is) doing is seeing what player can play where, what the strengths and weaknesses are and what formations work and what formations do not work against the teams.

As a young team, there is bound to be, and there is many an inconsistancy with each player. That is expected from a young team and I am sure every one of you can see that. On Saturday I saw a 442 formation for the starting lineup, which worked against St. Johnstone. We were ahead at half time and obviously Gannon thought he could improve by switching the tactics, which he did. It didn't work. It hasn't worked against other teams so far, but that is also down to inconsistancies from younger players, players running out of steam, players picking up niggles and so on.

Jim Gannon's squabbles with the media, SFA, referres, well we were warned about it all so I can't see what any of you guys are actually complaining about. He is deflecting us, and the media from slaughtering some sub-standard performances so that he can assess strengths and weaknesses throughout the whole game from the perspective of a competitive match. The training field is a place to assess a player physically and see what works, but then again, are they playing against other teams in a competitive match. No.

Rebuilding a team is a long process in which Gannon has started from scratch with a new desire and I personally am confident he will see it through to the end. Right now I would reckon that his recent comments to the media slating the players could be some sort of reverse psycological tactic from the man to attempt to get them to want to win a game. Desire from the players is another matter and one which admittedly he will need to try harder to make them achieve, but with a dip in form, and increased tiredness from the young guys playing so many games could be another reason. Yes they are professional footballers, but as it has been stated, how many games did they play before this season with the pace and strength of the SPL. Very little.

Jim Gannon, will be here to the end of the season, and us as fans of Motherwell will reap the rewards. So, lets just ride the rollercoaster.

Post of the season!!!

Im not even gonna try and debate with the short sighted "old head" loving brigade on here.

Sir I take my hate off to you!

Best thing on this board by far, wish I could write stuff like that. Right on the money.

Mon the Well!