Boxing Day Match Thread

Malky79

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon is blaming the players, but correct me if im wrong, half the team were signed by him and the other half were part of a team who achieved 3rd in the league (which was also achieved through consistency in the team line up)

Surely Gannon knows changing the team every week will not be doing any help either.

Abysmal today to say the least. Not the first time this year we've been in the lead at half time and then failed to win.

dont know what was said at half time but i think Gannon needs to stay in the dug out at half time as it is not the first time this season he has messed up at half time. dont know if it was just me but does Jim O'B not ooke intrested to play for us any more? Took las off when he was the best player on the park at the time. I am not going ot go on about the defence as we did not seem to have one in the second half for some reason.

dont know what was said at half time but i think Gannon needs to stay in the dug out at half time as it is not the first time this season he has messed up at half time. dont know if it was just me but does Jim O'B not ooke intrested to play for us any more? Took las off when he was the best player on the park at the time. I am not going ot go on about the defence as we did not seem to have one in the second half for some reason.

Las was never at any stage the best player on the park and he signalled to the bench quite clealy to hook him because he was injured.

And Jim O'Brien looked anything but disinterested particularly in the first half

One for the stattos, I'm going to do some looking into it in the morning, but does anyone know how many goals we have conceeded in the 45-60 period this year?

It seems every week we fall out of the traps in the second half and lose a goal.

One for the stattos, I'm going to do some looking into it in the morning, but does anyone know how many goals we have conceeded in the 45-60 period this year?

It seems every week we fall out of the traps in the second half and lose a goal.

thats gotta be a good shout our 2nd half performances have ben horrendous.

The interview was very honest but very depressing to listen to. He sounded like a guy who was on the verge of chucking it.

It did sound like he felt that the team was a bit of a lost cause at the moment. That part is worrying. I don't think he's on the verge of chucking it though. I was at the fans forum last week and Gannon appeared to be under no illusions of the nature of the club and the task at hand. I can't imagine that will have changed over the space of two games.

Lasley was never anywhere close to being a decent player today. May be the lay off or the fact that he is struggling with injuries. He made very few forward passes to completion and was a poor substitute for a fully fit Forbes.

Every time Craigen is in the team we ship goals like no ones business and again it was like watching McGhees defensive system with the man marking and the failure to clear secondary balls. Craigen done ok marking deuchar in the first half but utterly failed to control his man in the second.

O'Brien was his usual self today. Lots of nice wee tricks, clever runs, plenty of pace, and absolutely no end product. I was very excited about O'Brien at the start of the season but in truth he is easily taken out the game and is a poor mans Aiden McGeady. I have no recollection of him scoring, setting up or creating a goal this season other than falling down in the box and winning penalties (which he doesnt seem to be able to take either). I am not too worried about his imminent departure.

Hopefully these three WILL go in January and Gannon can use the money to continue bringing in the guys who will play his way. This is a rebuilding process, but for some reason many believe he should only be allowed six months to completely rebuild an entire team and make them top three challengers.

We've been playing competitive football from the first week in July, had a mish mash of a preseason due to this and demand our players maintain their previous exceptional standard. The majority of our squad should be preparing for their highers never mind playing competitive SPL football. We're left in that position because we had to offload several star players during the summer. Alot of this free cash was eaten up by the good folks at Setanta going bust. We brought in a young manager, who from the beginning told us that it will take us a couple of seasons to develop our squad into challenging for a top 3 finish. We liked this because he had fresh ideas. We slaughter him because he doesnt play by the old Scottish managers PC rules. We enjoyed the ups and downs of European football in the space of a month leaving the rest of our season some what of a damp squib. We made a solid start and were impressed by League 2 players arriving from England and an Everton reserve who couldnt do it at Huddersfield. We're now shocked that these boys arent the Davie Cooper or James McFadden's of the future. Was there a reason they were at that level and do they need alot of time and development??? We're bamboozled why players like Ross Forbes have gone shite. The same Ross Forbes that was lighting up Dumbarton last season. We're wondering what the hell Gannon sees in Yassin. Some of us look at Paul Quinn's own goal at Cardiff today, and remember how pish he was. We question Gannon leaving out Craigan, lasley and other senior players. We see the rationale in days like today. We wonder where all our moneys gone for players and wages, then sit amongst each other, barely 4,000 of us. We talk about must win games...lose it...and still sit sixth in the table.

We are the Well!

That my friend is the best post I've ever read on these forums :mad:

O'Brien was his usual self today. Lots of nice wee tricks, clever runs, plenty of pace, and absolutely no end product. I was very excited about O'Brien at the start of the season but in truth he is easily taken out the game and is a poor mans Aiden McGeady. I have no recollection of him scoring, setting up or creating a goal this season other than falling down in the box and winning penalties (which he doesnt seem to be able to take either). I am not too worried about his imminent departure.

To think this boards sycophants have him at least Championship bound... :mad:

In the 50-70 minute period we have conceded 13 of our 28 league goals. In all games we have conceded 20 of our 42 goals in this period.

50-55 minutes is our most vulnerable time.

I've supported the team for over 25 years so I have seen my fair share of defeats. However I don't think I have ever been as frustrated as I have been this season. To see us play so well in some games and so utter horrendously in others is hard to take, and add to that the number of defeats that we have snatched from the jaws of victory due to "tinkering".

I'm seriously considering not going next week as I don't think I can stand watching Hamilton taking the piss the way St Johnstone did, and as Gannon says there's no way we'll keep a clean sheet.

Well, I guess that Gannon has a crucially important transfer window up-and-coming. If he doesn't sort it out during that period, and with no money apparently available that won't be easy, then we are in serious bother. I do believe he will sort it, he simply must.

For the blame Lasley/Craigan brigade - Lasley hadn't started a game since the away match at Flamurtari Vlore. He's hardly going to be in top form pitching him into a team that's already off the boil.

Likewise Craigan hadn't played at all since for two months.

As for shipping goals with Craigan in the team he has the best record of any of our defenders this season.

Goals conceded (league)

Craigan - 8 from 7 - 1.14 goals conceded per game

Hammell - 19 from 13 - 1.46 goals conceded per game

Reynolds - 28 from 17 - 1.64 goals conceded per game

Saunders - 26 from 15 - 1.73 goals conceded per game

Moutaouakil - 23 from 13 - 1.76 goals conceded per game

Hutchinson - 9 from 4 - 2.25 goals conceded per game

Funny how the stats show the three most experienced defenders we have have the best record.

We've also only played Reynolds, Hammell and Craigan three times in the same team in the league and we've kept two clean sheets in three of those games, losing none of them.

Think Gannon's decisions are doing us over week after week. Jennings is the only player who gets pass marks over the full 90. Jim O'Brien was good in the first half I thought, he was needlessly substituted, he only seems to substitute players who are playing well. We look a shadow of our former selves these days, there doesn't seem to be any fluency or spirit in our player. Gannon definitely has lost the dressing room. And despite his first accurate cross in about two months, Mouatoukil left me thinking I'd prefer Kevin Christie at right back yesterday.

Las was never at any stage the best player on the park and he signalled to the bench quite clealy to hook him because he was injured.

And Jim O'Brien looked anything but disinterested particularly in the first half

Which sometimes created more problems than was solved , often he was right on Reymolds' shoulder when if he were less interested he would have been further up in the channel providing the outball. Sorry Jimbo Rock and a Hard place is a bitch to deal with.

When Humphrey came on we looked like we might create something, something worth considering is that Yass seems to have an issue with crosses where when he was playing the through ball to Humphrey there was a marked improvement in the quality of ball into the box.............but the guy most likely to get on the end off them was the man he replaced , again Rock and Hard place.

(amazin how perspective can change the day after the game)

For the blame Lasley/Craigan brigade - Lasley hadn't started a game since the away match at Flamurtari Vlore. He's hardly going to be in top form pitching him into a team that's already off the boil.

Likewise Craigan hadn't played at all since for two months.

As for shipping goals with Craigan in the team he has the best record of any of our defenders this season.

Goals conceded (league)

Craigan - 8 from 7 - 1.14 goals conceded per game

Hammell - 19 from 13 - 1.46 goals conceded per game

Reynolds - 28 from 17 - 1.64 goals conceded per game

Saunders - 26 from 15 - 1.73 goals conceded per game

Moutaouakil - 23 from 13 - 1.76 goals conceded per game

Hutchinson - 9 from 4 - 2.25 goals conceded per game

Funny how the stats show the three most experienced defenders we have have the best record.

We've also only played Reynolds, Hammell and Craigan three times in the same team in the league and we've kept two clean sheets in three of those games, losing none of them.

In Craigens previous three games, which all came in the space of 2 weeks i think, we shipped 8 goals. 6 against St Mirren in two games, 2 to Accies. Interestingly the Hearts game which came in the middle of these we kept a clean sheet. Guess what? Craigen didnt play that day.

As for your stats by my reckoning Craigen has been in a team has shipped 11 league goals (not including the 3 we lost in the cup to St Mirren) in 7 games. As you included the games he was subbed in your stats then so i have. This changes Craigens stat to 1.57 goals conceded per game. If you include the cup then it becomes 1.75 goals per game.

Also of the six clean sheets we have kept this season Craigen was involved in only two of them.