Football Wit

Auldyin

A few I remember from Strachan when he was still at Southampton. First one Ithink was when he appeared on MOTD.

Gary Linekar "James Beattie has been in great form all season for you Gordon. Is it about time he was caleld up to the England team?"

Strachan "I couldn't care less, I'm Scottish.

Another was when a reporter mentioned Beatie, again.

Reporter "Another cracking performance from James Beattie again today, and another goal. He's really bang on form at the moment.

Strachan "I've said before how important Beattie has been for us and I've nothing more to add to it. However, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Mr and Mrs Beattie for that wonderful thing they did on that night 26 years ago"

During the half-time analysis of an England game at either The World Cup or The Euro's (canny mind), the conversation between Lineker and Strachan was something along the lines of...

Lineker: "so Gordon, if you were English what would you be saying to the team right now in the dressing room?"

Strachan: "If I was English i'd top myself"

:lol:

Mair visual than verbal:

When John Lambie & Chic Charnlie were at Thistle - the Jags players had a session in the gym but Charnlie is jist sitting there reading the paper for 1\2 hour with a glass of water by his side.

Other Thistle players then tell him Lambie's coming in and he's gonna see he's no being working oot. Quick as a flash Charnley chucks the paper away, throws the water o'er his heid and is wiping his wet brow when the boss arrives.

Lambie takes one look at him and tells him "awright Chic, don't want ye over daeing it, take a break son".

:lol::huh: