Gannon Sacked! Motherwell Part Company with Manager

steelman1991

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really disappointed he's left, i felt he was a breath of fresh air for our club, someone who wasn't afraid to bed in young players, didn't take any crap from the media or referees. And did his own thing when it came to the team....what a proper manager should be like!!

i for one wasn't arsed how he supposedly treated established players, most of them weren't that great anyway and their better days were behind them!!(craigan/Lasley/Mcgarry etc etc etc)

i think he will become a very good manager and it's a shame we'll not see it at Fir Park.

Lets hope the young players aren't affected too much and still get their chance, he's brought in Forbes,McHugh, Hutchy and Slane albeit not often due to his injuries!! i doubt any other manager would've gave them a chance!!

i for one wish Gannon all the best, his single minded honest approach was far too much for some people to deal with, especially in our "dont like to rock the boat" country!!

I dont care what anyone else says but the guys still a great manager.Very,very sad to see him go as I think he could have took us to bigger things.The only thing wrong was in the last couple of week the tactics at halftime.It was great while it lasted.

Well done Jim.Your a legend in most Well Fans eyes. :lol::notworthy::notworthy:

I dont care what anyone else says but the guys still a great manager.Very,very sad to see him go as I think he could have took us to bigger things.The only thing wrong was in the last couple of week the tactics at halftime.It was great while it lasted.

Well done Jim.Your a legend in most Well Fans eyes. :lol::notworthy::notworthy:

daz, how can someone be a legend when they were only at the club for 6 months? Tea ladies last longer than that FFS.

However, during the last 3 games in particular when we shipped 12 goals the cold light of reality finally dawned on him and he knew that with a large number of the playing staff he was wasting his time. We do have far too many players o our books who just will not do for SPL level for many different reasons and maybe he felt that the rebuilding job was going to be too much without having the freedom to get rid of all the dead wood and a bit of cash to strengthen the team.

This is just nonsense. No-one would realistically expect us to beat Celtic and we are not the only team to have been given a going over at Ibrox but against St. Johnstone Gannon played players out of position, needlessly changed tactics and made some bizarre substitutions. So are you saying that the great Jim Gannon having left Craigan out of the team for weeks miraculously coached him into playing a left centre role and it was Craigan's fault that he couldn't play to Gannon's masterplan.

Any manager worth his salt knows that playing his players in their best positions will get the best out of them.

I think it's closer to the truth to say that despite our young and emerging team doing their best they were increasingly let down by a manager who thought/still thinks he is better than he is. I will be very surprised if the next job you see Jim Gannon get is with any team higher than English League 1.

Just found out the news of Gannon's sacking about 20 minutes ago. I am both shocked and disappointed. I only hope that this decision does not come back to bite Mr Boyle on the arse.

I now believe that the hopes of a top six finish are now a pipe dream and that the rest of our season will become a constant battle against the threat of relegation. With Gannon now gone we will probably see Ruddy and Lukas not extend their loan deals from Everton and Yass will move on as well. Any signing/loan targets that Gannon had in mind for January are now gone too. I can also see us losing Reynolds and possibly O'Brien in January. If we bring in a manager who is currently under contract to another club that will be any budget for new players gone to pay compensation and the thought of having someone like Jimmy Calderwood just fills me with dread.

I would love to be proved wrong with my doom ladened predictions but I honestly fear the worst for the remainder of the season

Gannon should have focused on individual areas of the park, or three young players max to blood at the one time. Instead he cut out the experienced players who could have helped the team still deliver decent results on the park, while the Saunders and Forbes of this world dropped back for a couple of weeks to regain their form.

I actually think we have enough quality in the team to maintain 4th or 5th... Under Gannon I believe we would have been bottom 6 but due to his lack of faith or tolerance in the experience.

Agree wholeheartedly. We'll never know if he had the ability to develop his philosophy but we do know he wasn't able to impose it. He stated that you needed to treat players as individuals to get the best out of them but didn't seem to act that way.

Jim Gannon took over a sinking ship at Fir Park and within a matter of weeks managed to steady the ship with a few decent results in europe and a decent start to the season. In my opinion however since the St Mirren league game at Paisley the sink has started sinking and he has done everything in his power to fuck about with team formations, tactics, personel and substitutions which has in turn lead to a horrible run of performances and results along with us having to watch some of the most shitty and uninspiring performances I have seen at Fir Park in a long time.

Yes its great to see your team pass the ball about but you must do that in the correct areas of the park at the correct time in the match and that didn't happen and along with that results just didn't happen. Now that Gannon has gone lets hope we can look forward to seeing our strikers shut down the opposition, our midfielders make some tackles and generally see a bit of dig, passion and fight.

Jim Gannon has shat on Motherwell FC from a great height and I hope the arrogant, ignorant cu*t falls flat on his arse with any future employment. Worse than McGhee in my book.

From the piece in the Telegraph:

Youth coach Gordon Young took training (which was described as "upbeat") on Monday but it's hoped to have an experienced interim management team in place for Wednesday night's match against Hearts at Tynecastle.

Who could that involve?

That's the 2 names that I thought of right away.

Wasn't sure if there was someone I was missing. Softy, although I doubt Celtic who let us borrow Mio for a few games to work with him.

According to the Wishaw Press Sport guy on Twitter Calderwood is the man. Not a clue though whether he has any info or thats just his opinion. I fucking hope he doesn't have inside info.

Obviously the word 'legend' has been redefined since I attended school :wacko:

Whilst young dazza got carried away when using that word, I think he is right to lament Gannon's departure and I don't understand the thinking of older ( and supposedly wiser ) posters who are so pleased with events. Gannon was dealt a very tough hand when he arrived at Fir Park due to the tiny squad he inherited and the tiny budget he had with which to re-build it, yet he had the team mid-table. His belief in youth was exciting, his outspoken views an interesting change from the establishment inanity of most managers. I really think there could have been some exciting times ahead and I hope Gannon's sacking doesn't prove to be a big mistake. If it's true Gannon had had lost interest and wanted out, fair enough, but let's wait and see. Nobody yet knows the full story, hence my overriding feeling is of sadness at the lost potential, and I hope this decision doesn't come back to haunt you.