Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Staunton

Jim Magilton

Paul Sturrock

Lawrie Sanchez

George Burley

Brian McClair

John Collins

Brian McClair has had all the experience under Fergie to come up and do well.He would have a nice blend of youth and experienced I'm sure.All the rest I would take in a minute

Leitchy was offered the job and turned it down for a few reasons like he didnt feel ready to take it as he didnt want to end up like Malpas and also wasnt happy that we were being made to sell Clarkson and Quinn to raise money. I think if offered he would come back now as i hear he is unsettled at Aberdeen.

I believe Craig Brown will be interin manager, which to be honest suits me just fine. He may not be "forward looking", but has been in the game so long that basically he won't arse it up. All the teams are so similar, and so skint that, I beleive a "steady ship" is the way to go just now.

I would be happy for him to keep it, but otherwise I would go for Burley, for simialr reasons to above

I wouldn't be too unhappy with Jimmy Calderwood.

Though, if Boyle wants to go for someone "outside the box" again, what about Brendan Rogers? Worked well with the Chelsea youths, done a good job at Watford, and went to Reading when they were selling everything that was half decent.

Would be a good appointment if we're sticking with the youth players.

As i have said before i doubt very much that anyone is lined up. It would be totally against John Boyles philosophy on motherwell so far.

How would it?

Davies was lined up when Kampman was sacked!

Butcher was lined up for when Black left!

And Malpas was lined up for when Butcher left!

And Leitch was lined up for McGhee leaving but knocked it back.

As i have said before i doubt very much that anyone is lined up. It would be totally against John Boyles philosophy on motherwell so far. I would love Burley but I just cant see it. I cant see anyone of any real stature wanting it.

Didnt see Staunton, Boothroyd, McAllister etc all wanting it in the summer either though.......

I'll say it again. Inspired choice would be Fergie Jnr. Nae comp needed either, chance to make a name in Scotland just like his old man did all those years ago.

How would it?

Davies was lined up when Kampman was sacked!

Butcher was lined up for when Black left!

And Malpas was lined up for when Butcher left!

And Leitch was lined up for McGhee leaving but knocked it back.

Davies was not lined up hence the reason Jim Griffin was caretaker. When Kampman left (not sacked) it was a complete surprise to everyone so Boyle cant be blamed for that I agree.

When Davies was sacked there was no one in place hence the reason Softy was caretaker and there were a number of interviews

Butcher was hardly lined up. In fact he was only persuaded to stay by Black.

When it became apparent that McGhee was leaving there was no attempt to line anyone up until well after he left for Aberdeen. I take your point on him being offered it but im not sure at what point he was offered it and at which stage he knocked it back.

Malpas was the only one who was truly "lined up".

But i take your point. I am really struggling to find positives in this and I know im coming across as really negative. Im just fed up with the constant managerial merry go round. I think darren Ferguson could be a good shout. His record at Peterboro was pretty solid til they got into the Championship. Whoever we get I reckon we need to stick with him for at least 2 years. We talk about stability in the club. But I feel that its been a long time since we had any stability whatsoever.

Didnt see Staunton, Boothroyd, McAllister etc all wanting it in the summer either though.......

I'll say it again. Inspired choice would be Fergie Jnr. Nae comp needed either, chance to make a name in Scotland just like his old man did all those years ago.

Im begining to agree that ferguson could be the man.

When Davies was sacked there was no one in place hence the reason Softy was caretaker and there were a number of interviews

Whoever we get I reckon we need to stick with him for at least 2 years.

I didn't say anyone was lined up for when Davies left.

This second bit is the biggest flaw in your argument about having stability. Unless they turn out to be another Malpas it's not about us sticking by the manager, it's about the manager sticking with us.

With teams at the arse end of the Championship and top few in League 1 throwing about daft money that's never going to happen.

Hopefully Leitch isn't considered, The club stood by him after he had been sacked by Ross County by appointing him as caretaker manager then if you remember, McGhee didn't want him as assistant but the club told him to like it or lump it. Then he knocked back the offer of the managers job to follow mutley north, nice way to repay the clubs loyalty.

Hopefully Leitch isn't considered, The club stood by him after he had been sacked by Ross County by appointing him as caretaker manager then if you remember, McGhee didn't want him as assistant but the club told him to like it or lump it. Then he knocked back the offer of the managers job to follow mutley north, nice way to repay the clubs loyalty.

Fcuk Scott Leitch, he doesnt even know who his da' is.

Davies was not lined up hence the reason Jim Griffin was caretaker. When Kampman left (not sacked) it was a complete surprise to everyone so Boyle cant be blamed for that I agree.

Butcher was hardly lined up. In fact he was only persuaded to stay by Black.

When it became apparent that McGhee was leaving there was no attempt to line anyone up until well after he left for Aberdeen. I take your point on him being offered it but im not sure at what point he was offered it and at which stage he knocked it back.

Malpas was the only one who was truly "lined up".

But i take your point. I am really struggling to find positives in this and I know im coming across as really negative. Im just fed up with the constant managerial merry go round. I think darren Ferguson could be a good shout. His record at Peterboro was pretty solid til they got into the Championship. Whoever we get I reckon we need to stick with him for at least 2 years. We talk about stability in the club. But I feel that its been a long time since we had any stability whatsoever.

Completely agree with those two comments.