New Manager

fizoxy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say anyone was lined up for when Davies left.

This second bit is the biggest flaw in your argument about having stability. Unless they turn out to be another Malpas it's not about us sticking by the manager, it's about the manager sticking with us.

With teams at the arse end of the Championship and top few in League 1 throwing about daft money that's never going to happen.

The biggest flaw in your argument is that NONE of our managers under Boyle have left to manage in either League 1 or the Championship.

Kampman left to go back to Finland

Davies sacked - became assistant manager at PNE

Black left due to administration - eventually became assistant manager at Coventry

Butcher - left to go Australia and now plying his trade in the First Division

Malpas sacked because he was pish

McGhee left for another SPL club

I would suggest that there is a problem with retaining managers. i dont know what the problem is but it would appear that leaveing for better things is not the reason.

Im sure this will have been posted...(Just haven't seen it personally)... but the BBC are reporting thst CRAIG BROWN in set to take temporary charge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/default.stm

Yep just read it, and can't say I'm too shocked at that! Fair play to JB, he's no doubt been talking to Brownie in the lead up to this. Safe pair of hands till next season... :whistling:

Scott Leitch..........Knows the club inside out. Was in at FP just before xmas.

I would agree with that. Knows the Club, the players and the backroom staff. Only hurdle there is inexperience in management. Also, TBF, we don't know his reasons for knocking the job back before. Maybe already agreed to go to Aberdeen before JB got round to asking him, and felt he couldn't turn round and break an agreement or maybe just felt he wasn't experienced enough. Only he knows. Also the post about JOB being at his house. Read on a thread a while back that it was a party, and if this is the case, then it wouldn't just be about getting O'Brien to aberdeen. It would be social, and .'. nobody else's business.

Burley or Calderwood would also be okay as both previously did ok with other clubs, I mean Calderwood took the Sheep to 4th last season - you'd need to be mad to sack somebody for that. Also he would have a good incentive to keep us in the top six ahead of Aberdeen. (revenge is sweet?).

Saw something there on BBC website they're talking bout Craig Brown getting the job temporary but really wouldn't want him be our manager longterm, I mean was he not a bit crap with Scotland, worse than GB or Berti Vogts.

But whoever they get, they will need to act fast. And get it right.