New Manager

fizoxy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Irvine has left Preston.

Worth a shout? Always thought he was highly rated down there. Is also used to working on a tight budget.

Assuming of course Brown/Knox is just a temporary measure....

Was just about to post the same thing.

Would be worth sounding out I think.

Alan Irvine has left Preston.

Worth a shout? Always thought he was highly rated down there. Is also used to working on a tight budget.

would have posted the same thing if i wisnae in the oub when i foud out :notworthy:

If those two manage to get us into the top 6 this season, and maybe even throw together a decent cup run, will we want to see them get punted at the end of the season?

I'm happy to see how they do before I start speculating on who comes in four or five months down the line.

If those two manage to get us into the top 6 this season, and maybe even throw together a decent cup run, will we want to see them get punted at the end of the season?

I'm happy to see how they do before I start speculating on who comes in four or five months down the line.

+1

It says on BBC Sport that Brown is only in for 3 games, I thought it was for an indeterminate length of time till we found someone?

Brown himself said their was no time limit as Boyle is currently in Australia when he was interviewed by Sky Sports News yesterday. He said it could be for a couple or more, and that he and Boyle would discuss the matter on his return (which I think is about 2 or 3 weeks - hence the BBC going with the 3 game story).

It sounded like Brown wanted the job permanently and it will be his last job in football. Regardless of how we get on in the next few weeks I think we should just give him it for the next two seasons. To be honest I think its his to lose and the interim stuff is a bit of a smokescreen until they hammer out a deal.

In my my heart I would have preferred Burley but thats not viable i dont think. But feel ok about Brown at the moment. I just hope they continue to give guys like Slane Saunders and Forbes their chance.

Here is the plus point for Gannon and Motherwell. Gannon gave these kids a shot at the lime light, Brown has admitted he has only seen Motherwell play live twice this season, both times he said we played very well, and the youngsters were on fine form at times.

If it was the start of the season and Brown was manager then you could ask yourself would the lkes of Slane, Saunders and Forbes get a shot, but now it's half way, and Brown has seen that these youngsters can do a reasonable job I think there is no reason to worry about the youngsters going back to the Under 19's. I don't think we're going to sign a bunch of 30+ in January to kick out each and everyone of the youngsters.

The only question to be asked about the three you mentioned is Slane, as he's is yet to return from injury, one which Full Time training is believed to be one of the causes (if I read it right) - is he ready?

Here is the plus point for Gannon and Motherwell. Gannon gave these kids a shot at the lime light, Brown has admitted he has only seen Motherwell play live twice this season, both times he said we played very well, and the youngsters were on fine form at times.

If it was the start of the season and Brown was manager then you could ask yourself would the lkes of Slane, Saunders and Forbes get a shot, but now it's half way, and Brown has seen that these youngsters can do a reasonable job I think there is no reason to worry about the youngsters going back to the Under 19's. I don't think we're going to sign a bunch of 30+ in January to kick out each and everyone of the youngsters.

The only question to be asked about the three you mentioned is Slane, as he's is yet to return from injury, one which Full Time training is believed to be one of the causes (if I read it right) - is he ready?

Well Slane did come on against the Saints so Im hoping it means hes well on the way back. I really hope your right about this and I agree that they probably would not have got their chance under anyone else.

Bringing in some older heads would be fine by me as long as a)they are good enough and not your sub standard journeyman a la Malpas and b)it doesnt stifle the opportunities of the youth which we have invested heabvily in over the last few years. Its in the best traditions of Motherwell stretching back from Hunter through Ancell and McLean right up to Butcher and Gannon to develop and bring through our own. Long may this continue.