New Manager

fizoxy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no one in place. no one lined up, and no one interested at the moment because no has been approached. It will be February at least before we have a new manager in place. Doubt we will make any signings in January but we will lose a few. Young and Craigen will be in charge for the next month.

Was there anyone lined up when McGhees protracted and dramatic departure was imminent? Was there any question of a replacement? NO

Boyle just aint that smart or interested.

Burley will not be coming to Motherwell, we cant afford him or his ambition. Any decent manage proven manager is out of our price range, and any decent ambitious manager is wont stay because we wont shell out the cash. The players clearly have a lot of power at Fir Park. I would not expect us to employ anyone with any kind of track record. Bottom line Boyle will not pay the money to get someone of stature in. We are looking at someone who is currently out of work, and either a rookie manager or a bog standard journeyman.

There is no one in place. no one lined up, and no one interested at the moment because no has been approached. It will be February at least before we have a new manager in place. Doubt we will make any signings in January but we will lose a few. Young and Craigen will be in charge for the next month.

Was there anyone lined up when McGhees protracted and dramatic departure was imminent? Was there any question of a replacement? NO

;) thats a big hook Burma! :wallbash:

I've found it pretty hard to watch the last 4 games and couldn't fathom some of the substitutions Gannon was making but I tried not to over-react as I thought he had the best interests of the club at heart and this was all part of his masterplan. Imagine how John Boyle must have felt watching the same games knowing full well that Gannon wasn't willing to commit to the club and would be off like a shot if he got an offer from down south? It's no wonder he told him to get to.

I was willing to give Gannon the benefit of the doubt as I thought he had a plan and was a man of his word. It now looks as if he was talking a lot of shit about his plans for the future and was merely using us until something better came along down south. To me he is more dishonourable than Muttley as at least he achieved something with us before whoring himself about.

Burley will not be coming to Motherwell, we cant afford him or his ambition. Any decent manage proven manager is out of our price range, and any decent ambitious manager is wont stay because we wont shell out the cash. The players clearly have a lot of power at Fir Park. I would not expect us to employ anyone with any kind of track record. Bottom line Boyle will not pay the money to get someone of stature in. We are looking at someone who is currently out of work, and either a rookie manager or a bog standard journeyman.

frazerdm1112_228x374.jpg

We're doomed!

stop talkin pish

Dont understand whats pish about highlighting the absolute failure of the chairman to appoint a manger who is willing to commit to the club. failing to obtain a ontractual agreement at interview, time of appointment, and then waiting six months before deciding it was "untenable" yeah boyle is soooo good at his job. DICK!!!

Dont understand whats pish about highlighting the absolute failure of the chairman to appoint a manger who is willing to commit to the club. failing to obtain a ontractual agreement at interview, time of appointment, and then waiting six months before deciding it was "untenable" yeah boyle is soooo good at his job. DICK!!!

I can't argue with that statment but I think our new manager will be in place for the Accies game. I have a feeling his name is Gary McCallister.

@ The people suggesting Craigan :P

He cant marshall a defence never mind a team.

Only guy i would take is Calderwood, none of this Njholt or McAllistier pish that know fuck all about the SPL.

Would maybe take Butcher as long as Malpas stays in Inverness.

...and you base that on what...??

Just my gut feeling. Nothing concrete I just can't see Boyle sacking a manager at this time of the season right before the transfer window opens with no plan in place for a quick appointment. I think we need to be speedy about this. So there is no rumour in what I am saying it is just a feeling. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Yeah - pretty much.

Fucking genius Boyle manages to fuck about wi our club yet again.

+1

I'm with Burma on this one. Can you imagine either of Duncan Bannatyne, Peter Jones, Deborah Meaden or Theo Pahitis putting their company in a situation where the most important employee didn't have a contract for six months? 

I can see why it's the above four that grace our tellies and not Boyle.  

SD

Just my gut feeling. Nothing concrete I just can't see Boyle sacking a manager at this time of the season right before the transfer window opens with no plan in place for a quick appointment. I think we need to be speedy about this. So there is no rumour in what I am saying it is just a feeling. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

:P No probs, thought maybe you had some inside info.

i sincerely hope your right, however his history of decision making would suggest that this is not the case. Prior to Boyle Motherwell had had 13 managers in 100 years. Since Boyles stewardship in 1998 we have now went through 8 managers, not counting the caretakers every time a manager leaves or is sacked.