What Has Gannon Done For Motherwell

Big Stall

A wee thread to see what he's done for us, good and bad. Dont hold back.

Positives: -

- Gave us hope when we thought a relegation battle was certain, and showed us we can believe in youth.

- Signed Hutchy, Forbes, Saunders and Murphy on long term deals

- Stood up to the media and refs.

- Brought interested to this forum, as of right now there is 278 users browsing!!

Negatives: -

- Yaas!

- Not talking to the fans through the media

- Cant get a team to play against 10 men!

- Possibly as much of a whore as McGhoo, albeit he's been doing it behind the scenes.

A wee thread to see what he's done for us, good and bad. Dont hold back.

Positives: -

- Gave us hope when we thought a relegation battle was certain, and showed us we can believe in youth.

- Signed Hutchy, Forbes, Saunders and Murphy on long term deals

- Stood up to the media and refs.

- Brought interested to this forum, as of right now there is 278 users browsing!!

Negatives: -

- Yaas!

- Not talking to the fans through the media

- Cant get a team to play against 10 men!

- Possibly as much of a whore as McGhoo, albeit he's been doing it behind the scenes.

Can't say I agree with those mate.

Right.... Why the f**k are everyone taking digs at Yassin????? If it wasn't for him saturday would have been 3-0 instead of 3-1 and look at all the goal saving tackles he has made through out the season. All right he has made some horrendous crosses but so what.... who cares about that. Every single one of you "Boo Boys" are clearly retarded because you can never see the lighter side of the club. :thumbup:

Positives-

He was John Wayne Toiletpaper- he took no shit from arseholes. :thumbup:

Tom Hateley

Could bring in some handy loans in a critical season- Juke, Ruddy

Never had a player sent off (or close)- is this a record for a 'Well manager?

Style of play better than punting it up the park

Negatives-

Loan spells & contracts not long enough

Chopped and changed when ahead in games

Couldn't beat 10 men

SD 

:lol::thumbup::cheers::woop:

EDIT: on topic,

signed up the 'Well kids

then Hately ( and possible Jennings for the future)

initially gave us hope including a fine victory over some foreign pub team

Ruddy n Coke from previous dealings

Yass

Negatives

demoralising the team

fighting instead of focussing

whoring himself

not signing contracts

signing Jennings then him not being used(fit?)

Yass

Right.... Why the f**k are everyone taking digs at Yassin????? If it wasn't for him saturday would have been 3-0 instead of 3-1 and look at all the goal saving tackles he has made through out the season. All right he has made some horrendous crosses but so what.... who cares about that. Every single one of you "Boo Boys" are clearly retarded because you can never see the lighter side of the club. ;)

This is Yassin who set one up for us and whose man scored three goals. 0-0 would have been a bit better than 1-3.

Thank Christ for that.

I know, we don't know how lucky we are!

Pros:

Blooded youngsters.

Gave us a stable start to the season.

Made a few good short term signings.

Left us in the top half (barely).

Cons:

Allowed many players to get stale.

Angered many internal people.

Angered the press.

Angered the refs.

Allowed many players to go stale.

Left a team apparently lacking in spirit, camaraderie and fluency.

Sorry for quoting myself, but it seems like this fits better here...

I was told (and I think I posted on here at the time) when Gannon was appointed that when things went wrong, it was never his fault if you listened to him. His last couple of post match interviews really made me think of that reputation. I appreciate the fact that there is a limit to how much technique you can coach into a player after a certain age, but why under Gannon was our back four going backwards in terms of organisation? Clean sheets at Parkhead, Pittodrie and Tannadice seem like an age ago now.

Much like Harri Kampman, Gannon in his short spell has done something that was required. Kampman got rid of a lot of guys 32+ whose reputations might have got them contracts with some Scottish managers when they were really past their best (Coyne, Falconer, Martin). Gannon came in to a threadbare squad and with a mixture of loans, frees and promotion of good young players managed to get a team ready to start the season. But despite his comments to the contrary, you never got the impression he was here for the long haul. And an abrasive personality in a manager is not always something a club with our squad size can work with. I said when Lasley and Craigan were discarded earlier in the season, that my fear was that we would need them later in the season. Some of Saturday's problems were ring rust on those players. And while I agree that players are professionals and should give 100% as we all do in our jobs, football (and other sports) require a degree of enthusiasm about the task in order to get the best performancer. And it is very difficult to be enthusiastic about working under a boss you don't like. We all knew the form of the young players would be up and down. Gannon's man management was poor in that he was unable to keep the older players onside for when this happened.

In essence, thank you to Gannon for doing what was required. But JB was right in his statement. For various reasons, Gannon continuing as manager was "untenable"...

What did Gannon do for Motherwell? Apart from bringing embarrassment upon the club and the very worst out in our many deluded supporters who lauded him as a messiah whilst abusing Mark McGhee - who was, is and will always be a far superior manager than Gannon will ever be - very little actually.

To give him credit for blooding the youngsters isn't merited as far as I'm concerned because he had very little choice but to bring in young players, such was the squad size when he arrived at the club.

His signings with the exception of John Ruddy and to an extent, Jutkiewicz have been poor, very poor indeed.

His tactics during matches are shocking and thus the team look directionless. So we had a good start to the season, but as I have already said that was on the whole down to luck more than anything else. As soon as team's cottoned on to how to play against us, ie. hold a high forward line, we were snookered and the 'tactical genius/messiah' had no answer.

His 'spat' with the media and Hugh Dallas was pathetic and was a clear sign that he had no idea what he was doing. He was being sussed out for the dud he was and he didn't like it one little bit, so whipped up that whole storm to make it look like he was being victimised, while all the time the players looked more and more dis enchanted as the games passed by and that would explain some of the performances of late.

'Gannon a better manager than McGhee'? quote some people on this very forum at the beginning of the season. Don't make me larf! He's not fit to lick his shit.

Don't agree with you there Blakey.

I still think guys like Giles Coke, Steve Jennings and Tom Hateley have been good singings in-particular Hateley.

I reckon things such as shaking everyone of the opposition players hands as they left the field and making a point of appluading the supporters perhaps made him seem like a better guy than McGhee.

Refusing to speak to the media did indeed seem petty, but I don't think that was to hide his flaws. He was known in the past for being rather outspoken and clearly had no intentions of changing his ways just because he was managing outwith England.

In the past few weeks his tactics were very questionable to say the least but lets face it in the second half of his final season McGhee (who appears to be your messiah) was getting it wrong tactically a lot - infact his baffling team selection for the St Mirren game cost us a top six place.

They mentioned this at the Stockport game. Said he was sat in front of the Commentator after he had "just left Motherwell". Was how I heard he'd gone! Clearly had a great influence as they blew a lead to slump to 2-4....

Don't agree with you there Blakey.

I still think guys like Giles Coke, Steve Jennings and Tom Hateley have been good singings in-particular Hateley.

I reckon things such as shaking everyone of the opposition players hands as they left the field and making a point of appluading the supporters perhaps made him seem like a better guy than McGhee.

Refusing to speak to the media did indeed seem petty, but I don't think that was to hide his flaws. He was known in the past for being rather outspoken and clearly had no intentions of changing his ways just because he was managing outwith England.

In the past few weeks his tactics were very questionable to say the least but lets face it in the second half of his final season McGhee (who appears to be your messiah) was getting it wrong tactically a lot - infact his baffling team selection for the St Mirren game cost us a top six place.

McGhee's far from being my messiah, he did plenty to piss me off during his stay here not least his whoring himself for another jobs in public. He was however a super manager and no matter what anyone says about him, he did a great job for us.

Made me believe we were actually going to progress as a club - I'm gutted! If he was about to jump ship any minute though JB did the right thing

Other positives

All signings possibly other than Yassin were good

Saw our poor players for what they are and wasn't scared to actively look at moving them on

Showed great confidence in our youth players

Was trying to get us playing good football

Negatives

Some strange rants re media and refs (his point was made he should have left it)

I really hope Jb makes a similar appointment (forgetting about the commitment issue of course)

McGhee's far from being my messiah, he did plenty to piss me off during his stay here not least his whoring himself for another jobs in public. He was however a super manager and no matter what anyone says about him, he did a great job for us.

He had one good season. Last season was average at best and certainly no better than what we experienced in the first half of Gannon's time in charge.

Although we never seen the thing come to fruition - I believe Gannon's philosophy on youth in this very short spell will pay dividends.

While McGhee was quite happy to see many of these young guys move on (Slane and Forbes were both offski were they not?) or continue in the 19's. gannon threw them in as the bones of the team.

Hutch and Saunders signing contracts were big bonusesfor the club.

I think in the coming weeks as Pantomime season ends the balance will be redressed a wee bit and I'll think Gannon will be less of the villain of the piece.

And anybody who tells the press, the SFA and the referee's that they're pish is OK by me too.

We go to great lengths on here almost to a man on the above - yet when our manager does it somehow, suddenly it's all wrong and he's doing the club no favours.

Where's the scratchy heid hypocrisy emoticon?