Craig Brown And Archie Knox

madscot

Im really not holding out much hope for tonight but I am praying that we get something out of this. I really hope Brown and Knox get the job permanently and I think over the course of 12 months they could build a good set up. Wont be pretty but could be successful. All the best to you lads.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interview in today's record seems to indicate Craig would like the job ,personally I would have no problems at all with this appointment ,after Malpass, McGhee, and Gannon we need a bit of stability .And Craig and Archie aint no mugs they know the game ,players and have contacts.

Agree wi that 100%

I think our performance in midweek is also cause for cautious optimism. We played well over both halves and had hearts pinned back in their penalty box for large parts of the game. We're just lacking a little something to get us winning games again, hopefully Craig and Archie can instill that winning mentality again and get in personell to help us do so.

Interview in today's record seems to indicate Craig would like the job ,personally I would have no problems at all with this appointment ,after Malpass, McGhee, and Gannon we need a bit of stability .And Craig and Archie aint no mugs they know the game ,players and have contacts.

Yep, we've done the fresh-out-the-box managers, the ambitious stepping-stone managers, the promoted-from-within managers, the former-player managers, the up-and-comer-from-a-different league manager so it's now time to settlle down and get a bit of stability and much needed how-to from Jack n' Victor. Gie them the job!

Well, we can only get stability if they produce results.

The next few games will provide an insight into their potential to become full time managers, so I think it's crucial to take advantage of their current status to see if they have the ability to provide stability, before handing them the reigns of power.

I'd appoint them full time now. Both know the game, command respect and are in it for the enjoyment and not themselves unlike the previous two managers. The enthusiasm and excitement that has come out of Craig Brown's mouth every time he has spoken since Tuesday can only rub off on the players. When I first heard their names mentioned I was nonplussed but the more I think on it the more I want it long term.

I'm at the stage where it's "wait and see what happens this month" But wish them all the luck.

We should be able to afford big Ruddy now.

We won't need to pay them travelling expenses as they can use their free bus passes.

:lol:

Heard through a pal of one of the players, the squad love being in Craig and Archie's company. Their experience and knowledge of the game is awesome. Given we currently have a group of players who lost respect for their manager, now would be a good time to have someone who merits instant recognition for his abilities and enthusiasm.

What's more, Craig Brown has great affection for Motherwell FC. OK, I'm sold.

Are they only here for three games or is it until the end of the season?

I think they are there until a permanent manager is brought in.

Personally I'd sign them up until the end of the season right now, that gives Boyle more time to look around and bring the right man in and it also stabilises our team and enables us to bring in players and do business during the transfer window.

It seems like a win/win situation to me.

Latest from Reynolds from fishal:

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=133

Apologies if it has already been posted.

Generally reads well, except I would question the use of 'objectionable' in this paragraph:

"The former Scotland Youth International reckons that although recent form has been disappointing, a more realistic and objectionable view of progress in 2010 would most certainly be positive."

Think they mean 'objective'? :rolleyes:

SD

Personally I'd sign them up until the end of the season right now

I agree with this. I think our season will be an exercise in damage limitation now to a certain extent and I don't think a third management team in one season will help here.

Also, as millions of posters have pointed out, they have stacks of experience between them.

It's damage limitation because we've been slipping down the table for weeks. We've gone from being top 4 contenders to being bottom 6. As has been pointed out we're the same points difference from 4th as we are from 12th so if you genuinely thing we're still in touch with 4th then by the same token we would have to be considered relegation contenders.

I personally don't think we're relegation contenders but we have to reverse the slide downwards and I'm not convinced we have the squad to do that. It's all very well pointing out our unbeaten run but the reality is that we've only won 4 league matches out of 18 and have the worst GD outside the bottom 3. How many of our draws would have been defeats if it wasn't for our goalkeeper? What if we lose both him and our top scorer? If we finish top 6 this season then I would consider that a major achievement.