Captain  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Captain

• Craigan
    • Reynolds
    • Lasley
    • Other

All,

We've experienced a period where the club captain, when fit, hasn't even featured on the bench.

During that period, one of our "senior" players; Mark Reynolds, at the age of 22, has worn the armband.

On this forum there is opinion that, despite solid performances for N Ireland, Craigan is no longer good enough to play in the SPL.

Personally I look back to Tom Boyd and I see comparisons with Reynolds in a young defender who has a bit of versatility about him.

Making Reynolds captain may even increase his profile and commercial value.

So, should there be a change of captain or should the establishment previal?

Vote & discuss! 

SD

PS Not having started a thread; never mind a poll, there is a chance that I have messed up the technology here. :lol:

Apologies if so :lol:

Craigan. He's been a great servant to motherwell on and off the pitch for many years. I wouldn't give it to Reynolds because I reckon we'll cash in on him in January... but Las is a good shout. Plus, it'd be harsh to take it off Craigan in his testimonal year. Just MHO.

Voted for Craigan Las is not fit for long enough and Reynolds too young what happened when Chelsea went down in 78/79 with Wilkins captain proves what happened with young capteins.

that's a bit selective. Wilkins got the captaincy in 75/76 and they won promotion in 76/77, they only got relegated after the manager resigned.

If Reynolds is leaving, and that allows us to keep Ruddy, not only is it a tremendous bit of business, but could also provide us with our new, long-term captain.

If big Ruud told me to do something, I'd fucking do it!

In recent weeks that would most likely be "Can you fetch that ball out the net for me mate" :whistling:

I'd go for Jenno or Coke if either of them are keen on staying.

I believe Reynolds will be away (otherwise it would be him I'd plump for)

For all that it appears Gannon hasn't helped his own situation - like I mentioned elsewhere no one is squeeky clean in this whole thing and Craigan for me appears a wee bit Barry Ferguson to Gannon's Paul le Guen.

It's Craigan for me.

Being a captain requires more than just what you do on the pitch. You need to be able to represent and be the voice of the players off the pitch, and Craigan appears to have those qualities.

:doh: Agree with this totally, couldn't have said it better myself.......