Catering

Mitch

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who has turned out to be a fat git can blame the kiosks at the fitba if it makes themselves feel better, but don't force yer salad baguettes onto me - that's the sort of attitude that stopped McDonalds from selling Super Size meals.

No one is "forcing" anything onto anyone. It's simply a matter of having an alternative to the unhealthy shite they serve there at present.

If you don't want to buy the healthy option, then stick with the pies.

Anyone who has turned out to be a fat git can blame the kiosks at the fitba if it makes themselves feel better, but don't force yer salad baguettes onto me - that's the sort of attitude that stopped McDonalds from selling Super Size meals. People have to hold themselves accountable, rather than blame all and sundry to the detriment of the rest of us!

Who's blaming the kiosks for being fat? Who's forcing anything on anyone? You're the one who would happily deny others an alternative. I know plenty of fat fuckers who won't eat anything at the game because they're trying not to be a fat fucker. They don't blame the kiosks, they just want some nosh that won't set them back half a stone. What the fuck's wrong with that?

Thankfully the catering is marginally better in the main stand, but every time I've been in the East it's been awful.

Can't stand folk preparing and handling food with their bare hands... :P

I cant see why the catering is better in the main stand ,its the same company that does it all !!

If the kiosks can't get numbers right, and for folks to have to leave the first half fifteen minutes before its finished, just to be sure of getting a hot pie, and for the hot chocolate to taste of stale water, (every home game), and when they run out of crisps for heaven's sake, and when the attendants are paid rubbish money by an outside company that pays no attention to customer service...lets get the historical and traditional fayre right before we try alternatives. Pies are great, in moderation, and one or two a week won't pile on the weight. (but thats a different argument)

And I think taking in your own food is like going to the pictures with a picnic. Its not the same as buying popcorn and hotdogs when you're there.

Hotdogs would be a good alternative to a pie, for those watching their weight. :P

Always expect to see a review of the Fir Park catering in a Saturdays Record. Always disappointed.

Boy that does the column certainly isn't grub shy, and would give Michelle McManus a run for her money. (Well..maybe no a run)

Ur right mate........he's well over rated... in fact he's a p***k. Reviewing restaurants is all he's good for... he certainly aint a comedian. How anybody finds the boy amusing is beyond me. Even at school he was an overweight tosser who was the whipping boy of the hard men.

Maybe that's why he's got such a chip on his shoulder.

Why do youse come on here moaning.

Dae something about it.

Get up a petition for JB coming back from OZ.

Dae these wee lassies have Food Hygiene certificates if not they shouldn't be touching food.

The wee kiosk does it conform to the Health & Safety requirements for serving food,there should be hot running water for cleaning utensiles, clean uniforms, gloves etc. etc.

if the lassies have certificates then they should be on display.

You should make sure JB knows that if there was an outbreak of Ecoli or Salmonella then Motherwell FC would have to share some of the guilt. BAD PR.

It might just work and you might get edible food.

If the petition doesn't work then get a sample of the food and get JB to eat it after he's been sick he might get something done.

When I was a nipper and started going to the games with my old man, one of the first football rituals he taught me was the tearing a wee bit off the pie and pouring the grease down the terracing(which would be a H&S risk on it's own these days!). Now an adult, I haven't turned out to be a fat git despite eating greasy pies at the fitba every week for a couple of decades.

Anyone who has turned out to be a fat git can blame the kiosks at the fitba if it makes themselves feel better, but don't force yer salad baguettes onto me - that's the sort of attitude that stopped McDonalds from selling Super Size meals. People have to hold themselves accountable, rather than blame all and sundry to the detriment of the rest of us!

Rant over.

For now.

You should be grateful for that alone and no that isn't my cheeky way of saying you are a fat bastard but just pointing out anything that minimises your intake of food as shite as McDonalds you should be more grateful for! :woop:

That is sort of my point.

Yes, McDonalds being made to stop selling Super Size meals has stopped me from eating them, but do you know what stopped me eating them before that? Choosing not to buy them!!

You didn't hear me climbing on my high horse on Sunday morning, having made a total arse of myself on Saturday night, claiming that the pub should not have sold me so much bevvy!

Control and accountability.

Fair enough but and I could be wrong here was it not that McDonalds was stopped from being allowed to ask you if you wanted to supersize it when you ordered an ordinary meal deal, "Would you like to supersize that sir/madam for just an extra 40p." Rather than not being allowed to sell them full stop.

I think McDonalds later stopped doing supersize options voluntarily as they decided to try and present a healthier image, by doing things like salad options(with much extra salt in them) and what not. Not entirely sure as I've not been in one for years thankfully.

They may well still do them for all I know.

That is sort of my point.

Yes, McDonalds being made to stop selling Super Size meals has stopped me from eating them, but do you know what stopped me eating them before that? Choosing not to buy them!!

You didn't hear me climbing on my high horse on Sunday morning, having made a total arse of myself on Saturday night, claiming that the pub should not have sold me so much bevvy!

Control and accountability.

You mean the pub refused to sell you a soft drink alternative?

They definitely don't.

You could be right about the tag-on line being what was barred, same as like the barmaid not being allowed to say 'same again?' when you approach the bar, as if you've decided to hit the soft drinks, but her politely asking if you'd like another pint is going to make you fold like a pack of cards and eventually turn into an alkie. The world has gone fucking mad.

Ur right mate........he's well over rated... in fact he's a p***k. Reviewing restaurants is all he's good for... he certainly aint a comedian. How anybody finds the boy amusing is beyond me. Even at school he was an overweight tosser who was the whipping boy of the hard men.

Maybe that's why he's got such a chip on his shoulder.

Okay, might have been a tosser (think I was actually masturbating from about second year) but was always built like an anorexic rake at school, so gie's peace ya sad bawbag. Was going to say "get a life" but considering you were bashing that pish into your keyboard at FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, I'm afraid it's far too late. Say hello to yer maw...

They definitely don't.

You could be right about the tag-on line being what was barred, same as like the barmaid not being allowed to say 'same again?' when you approach the bar, as if you've decided to hit the soft drinks, but her politely asking if you'd like another pint is going to make you fold like a pack of cards and eventually turn into an alkie. The world has gone fucking mad.

Lol in your case.... :woop:

Seriously though, on the face of it does seem a bit mad but it not stopping you ordering a supersize or a pint if you wanting them and in many cases will stop people having that wee bit more.

the world has gone fucking mad, but I suspect it always has been and likely always will be! :doh:

Okay, might have been a tosser (think I was actually masturbating from about second year) but was always built like an anorexic rake at school, so gie's peace ya sad bawbag. Was going to say "get a life" but considering you were bashing that pish into your keyboard at FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, I'm afraid it's far too late. Say hello to yer maw...

4AM ??? Not where I was sitting mate.... try 12pm in a bar 100yds fae the beach. You do the sums, and it aint Troon.

Furthermore, there aint many Michelle McManus's walking about....watching from a far.

PS-She says hi.