Graeme Smith Signs For Hibs

andybug

Could do them a turn however I hope his Hibs career takes off like his Brighton career did. What was it? Something like 13 goals conceeded in three games :whistling:

Much better than John Ruddy's 12 in three games!

Ah hang on no...it's equally as shite...

Much better than John Ruddy's 12 in three games!

Ah hang on no...it's equally as shite...

Huddersfield, Stockport, Wycombe.....Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian....

Anyone that thinks Smith is a better all round keeper than Ruddy should perhaps use their christmas money to invest in a new set of eyeballs!

Not sure he will be first choice.....and I don't mean behind Ma-Kalambay. Isn't their first choice injured?

Good move for Buzz. Why he went to Brighton I'll never know. Actually, scrub that.....money.

As good as Ruddy is the reality is he has made more individual errors this season already than Buzz made in the entire 2008-2009 season. Buzz was outstanding last year, and IIRC won save of the season. The fact he very rarely came out for crosses just had many people thinking he was gash.

As good as Ruddy is the reality is he has made more individual errors this season already than Buzz made in the entire 2008-2009 season. Buzz was outstanding last year, and IIRC won save of the season. The fact he very rarely came out for crosses just had many people thinking he was gash.

spot on. But to be fair the criticism of Ruddy is deafening on here... oh wait...

Huddersfield, Stockport, Wycombe.....Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian....

Anyone that thinks Smith is a better all round keeper than Ruddy should perhaps use their christmas money to invest in a new set of eyeballs!

You're missing my point. I dont think Ruddy is shite, or not as good as Buzz. Im saying theres plenty reasons for letting in a barrowload of goals apart from being shite. If Ruddy aint shite because of 12 goals...then 13 doesnt necessarily mean Buzz is either.

He played behind a very poor defence, that frequently had a man sent off and was unlucky enough to always get picked for games against the likes of Leeds. Norwich, Charlton etc while his rival got the easier League 1 teams. None of this mattered overmuch to Brighton fans who turned on him pretty quickly.

Good luck to Graeme at Hibs.

Ruddy isn't as good as some on here would have you believe but he's far superior to Smith.

spot on. But to be fair the criticism of Ruddy is deafening on here... oh wait...

I think I may be the only person to have called Ruddy shite at times. Like Graeme Smith it's not his goalkeeping ability that's been called into question. Decision making... definately.

I think Smith will do a turn for hibs and best of luck to him.

I always liked Smith, thought he was a great keeper and gave me one of my best memories as a 'Well fan.

Is he not a diehard Hearts fan as well? :woop:

Yeah, he's a boyhood Jambo.

I think it's a great signing for Hibs (sadly). Considering some of the points they've lost due to MaKalambay, I'm sure they were wishing they'd signed him earlier!

He'll be their number one for as long as he's there unfortunately.

"Hopefully Hibs will be a great platform for me.

"I would not rule out going back to England one day but I have landed on my feet only six months after I left Scotland.

"I am happy at Hibs - this is a better club than Brighton with better facilities. The infrastructure is as good as the big two in Scotland.

"I am here to challenge Graeme and Yves for the No.1 jersey.

I predict Smith will be the next in the recent line of calamitous hibs keepers . :D