What a Joke

Ice Rink

MFC knew that the undersoil heating didn't work at the start of the season and this is one of the reasons why (along with the mental knew price structure) Ian Stillie chucked it, as he didnt want the blame for the debacle that we now have.

We are an utter joke of a club, we really are. I've been a season book holder at Fir Park for 4 years now (although been going for 20-odd years) and I have never once had a letter of any sort from the club ie renewal forms, letters from John Boyle etc.

The full place needs a full overhaul.

Guest JohnnyDefault
MFC knew that the undersoil heating didn't work at the start of the season and this is one of the reasons why (along with the mental knew price structure) Ian Stillie chucked it, as he didnt want the blame for the debacle that we now have.

We are an utter joke of a club, we really are. I've been a season book holder at Fir Park for 4 years now (although been going for 20-odd years) and I have never once had a letter of any sort from the club ie renewal forms, letters from John Boyle etc.

The full place needs a full overhaul.

You might be right in the reasons that Stillie left (I don't know if you have personally heard this from him or someone close) - however I'm sure we'd all think more of him if he actually came out and issued a statement instead of slinking out the back door. There has been next to zero said about his departure by the club or him.

I've actually heard from a few sources that Stillie was a complete haddie and that there were scenes of jubilation when he left - and in fact as chief exec he had 'quite a lot' to do with some of the gripes we all have. I've also heard a few defending him to the hilt as someone who was always at odds with JB.

So it's all heresay with Stillie - until he actually states his position we'll never really know the truth.

Bottom line is - as Chief Executive (the clue is in the title) - He can't realistically walk away with his hands up saying "It wisnae me" - That's an astonishing claim. if he had no hand in all the bad things that happened (the pitch, nancy tickets, Pricing, OF ticketing) - What DID he do during his tenure at FP?

I've also heard that the new lady - who spoke on the telly on Monday night seems to have a decent manner about her (although I don't believe she's a Stillie replacement - more PR).

Moving onto the pitch. It was talked about that the heating had been gubbed by the remedial action to break through the clay layer that gave us the drainage problems. However McGhee indicated on Sat that he had witnessed it fully functional on the day before the game.

The questions needing answered are:-

Was the USH damaged during the repair of the pitch last season?

Was it repaired before the new playing surface went down?

If it was repaired and fully functional - what went wrong on Saturday that caused it and the covers to fail?

and for me - the most worrying one:- Are we attempting to run an USH system that we know may be damaged (burst pipes)?

If we are - we may be about to end up with another completely knackered pitch scenario

Would a burst pipe initially thaw the ground - before eventually freezing as it seeped towards the surface?

Guest JohnnyDefault
Who's the woman we've got in as General Manager?

She was on the news last night.

Didn't catch here name - thought she came across quite well though! Here's hoping!

I know of Leanne Dempster from her Feather Brooksbank days... i would say this is potentially an excellent appointment. Alison Black, who is mentioned in that article linked above is a friend of mine, and believe me... you don't get to where she was at that agency without being good.

I know someone fairly close to Stillie and some of the things that he has told me about the day-to-day running of the club are not good at all.

I have never met Stillie, but seemingly he was no more than a puppet for Boyle and was CE in name only, Boyle pulls all the strings at the club and Stillie didn't like a lot of the things that Boyle done on a daily basis.

http://www.clubcall.com/motherwell/motherw...orm-824394.html

Motherwell General Manager Leeann Dempster has sent a defiant message to the SPL in the wake of the pitch freezing fiasco.

Motherwell's game against Hearts last weekend had to be called off as the pitch was frozen and now the club face the possibility of a hefty fine or points deduction in accordance with SPL rules.

Motherwell claim they did everything they could to make sure the match went ahead and Dempster claims the event was unavoidable.

She said: "It's hard enough as it is in football without fining clubs and taking money out of the game. We, like other clubs work hard to get games on but if you have a technical problem, how can you legislate for that?"

I know someone fairly close to Stillie and some of the things that he has told me about the day-to-day running of the club are not good at all.

I have never met Stillie, but seemingly he was no more than a puppet for Boyle and was CE in name only, Boyle pulls all the strings at the club and Stillie didn't like a lot of the things that Boyle done on a daily basis.

dont beleve all of what you here, Stillie was and is a right twat

, he is one arrogent git

Guest JohnnyDefault

I just find it an overall strange situation - without trying to put the boot in to anyone.

But you cant be cheif exec if your no driving the bus - its not like most of us if where its difficult to get up and walk from a job if your being overruled day in day out - but at that level you have a certain level of clout and leverage whether its within the board or with the support or with the press. Someone who is good in that position can manage to get some of what they want surely. And they wont be on the bru for long either - if worth their salt.

I just don't see why someone with business interests elsewhere and the probability of finding another post quickly - would hang around being john boyle's puppet - if that was the case at all. And like I said earlier - why walk away and say nowt? (unless there was a silence buying golden handshake)

My only first hand dealing with him was when he came out the office at FP and told us the delays for the tickets for Nancy were down to supporters 'chancing their arm' (not that there was two people serving). Not impressed with that at all as those who experience the queues know.

I also get the impression that Boyle isn't around FP on a day to day basis - the day to day running is the CE role.

That's not me absolving JB of any misdemeanours btw.

dont beleve all of what you here, Stillie was and is a right twat

, he is one arrogent git

I can quite believe it, as I have heard that said before!!

But that doesnt change the issue, he cited one of his reasons for leaving the club was that the USH was unusable and he didnt want to be the one to carry the can when Boyle was the one who wouldnt part with the cash.

I also get the impression that Boyle isn't around FP on a day to day basis - the day to day running is the CE role.

That's not me absolving JB of any misdemeanours btw.

It's all rumour and conjecture but I've heard exactly the opposite. JB is there all the time these days, and, allegedly, is becoming more and more fond of a bevvy... Similarly, rumour has it that Stillie was allegedly in some nick at the UEFA Cup draw.

On a slightly different note, what is the deal with Killie needing 10 days advance notice of frost so they can switch on their 'state-of-the-art' system?!

Has the Met Office ever managed to be that accurate with their long range forecasts?

The under soil heating situation at Motherwell is a disgrace. Mark McGhee is on record saying (on "Off the Ball "?) that our USH was fecked.The quote that "There will be no matches off next season" has also come back to haunt him.

The rights or wrongs of this type of system doesn't come into it. The rules state that you must have a working under soil heating system and if Saturday was anything to go by we clearly don't.

I seem to recall lots of talk of the undersoil causing the drainage problems and that it would be sorted post season.

But 1st cold snap and surprise, surprise game off.

The pitch certainly hasn't been renewed so are we to guess that the u/s heating is still fecked (although in places) or a its

a. act of god

b. fotgotten to be turned on

c. mechanical breakdown

d. yet another excuse

Its a football club yet again being run as a 2 bit operation. I see the FlyZoom hangers on are now being employed. The synergies between football and airlines are???????

Wait for another couple of postponements and it will be out fault for not turning up in numbers.

some would say that was also a section that got the treatment that might have punctured the undersoil heating.

We'll never know cause the club tell us one thing and then that doesn't happen.

Then they say nothing when questions are asked

Now many like myself just don't believe a lot that comes out of the club from certain folk

Now many like myself just don't believe a lot that comes out of the club from certain folk

Here, here!!

I think the people within are believing their own propaganda.

And here ends the club.

Its doesn't need yes men or the 'rising stars' of an half baked airline, to take the club forward.

The people on the outside aren't paid to buy into these things!!

Time for a change!!!!! (if only someone had the cash!!)

Wasn't it just the area in fron of the south stand which wasn't playable? The part which gets fuck all sunlight?

The South Stand shouldn't come into the equation. If our under soil heating is working it shouldn't matter how much sun the park gets. If anything this just confirms to me that it is indeed fecked. It seems like the club are playing Russian Roulette with the weather. I only hope it's kind to them on Monday or I'm afraid another game will be frozen off.

What I mean by that is, if they switched it on after that part had frozen then fuck all would thaw it, isn't the idea of u/s heating to prevent frost from forming, not for melting it. That's why I was questioning which area it was, it had been -7 on Tuesday overnight, that ground would have been solid until the weekend.

I'm not making excuses, just looking at it logically. I'm just as disgusted the game was off as everyone else, but the fact is something caused the ground at that part to be brick hard and the fact it gets no sunlight and the temperature has been so severe this past week, it's the most likely explanation.

The under soil heating situation at Motherwell is a disgrace. Mark McGhee is on record saying (on "Off the Ball "?) that our USH was fecked.The quote that "There will be no matches off next season" has also come back to haunt him.

The rights or wrongs of this type of system doesn't come into it. The rules state that you must have a working under soil heating system and if Saturday was anything to go by we clearly don't.

But, (also) according to McGhee we had tested the system, switched it on, and taken additional steps to ensure the game went ahead. Assuming McGhee is correct in what he said, what more could, and should the club have done?

Conflicting sound-bites from the club are not helpful, and as a result the support is too quick to dismiss anything that comes from the club.

Its a football club yet again being run as a 2 bit operation. I see the FlyZoom hangers on are now being employed. The synergies between football and airlines are???????

I think Gaag posted earlier that the so called hangers on have a decent record in business prior to Zoom. To be honest I can see PR for a football club being similar to that for an airline - it should be about getting bums on seats!

The people on the outside aren't paid to buy into these things!!

Time for a change!!!!! (if only someone had the cash!!)

Its unlikely that change will happen in the short-term. We should all be thinking about how we can promote change within the club (its too easy to be negative and just moan).

As I have said before - I believe the Trust is the only vehicle for this as it is the only fans body of sufficient size. That said, a lot of you are Season Ticket holders and appear happy not to renew. I wonder how the club would react to a few hundred of you acting together, not renewing your tickets and citing events/communication as the reason?

None of us want to hurt the club, but I do that the club plays on this.