What a Joke

Ice Rink

In this day and age it is a bit shocking that an SPL club can't get their game on.

But we're not the only ones in this boat.

I was still shocked and angry this morning, a club like ours and we dont have the top facilities.

Its disgusting.

We should expect a heavy fine fo rthis

You are quick to assume that the club has done something wrong. Do you know something we don't?

Have listened to McGhee's comments and it seems that the club have tested the heating, switched it on, and taken additional precautions to avoid a problem. What else could they have done?

I have no reason not to believe what McGhee has said, although I admit that he was incredibly negative for someone essentially saying that the club did all it reasonably could.

Seems to me that the investigation will either judge that the system is not working through no fault of Motherwell, or that someone has been feeding McGhee untruths.

The company responsible for its maintainance?

I think the problem starts and ends with the South Stand, every single call off has originated in that area, whether it be waterlogged or frozen, it's a feckin monstrosity that lies empty for 95% of the season.

The sooner we move to Ravenscraig the better.

If we did what MM says we did then, unusually for us, the club is probably in the clear. It's difficult to fully test the USH until there is actually a frozen pitch. If we didn't do what MM said, then the SPL can justifiably throw the book at us.

BTW - is "Ice Rink" the new "Sandcastle"?

The fact we have no defenders wouldn't have came into the pitch being frozen..... :ph34r:

Seriously though, although it was very very cold, there can't be any excuse for the undersoil heating not working and if it is a fault with the system I hope to see the club taking the company who installed it to task for it. I understand you cant fully test the system until its very cold but surely there are some sort of test systems in place? I'm no undersoil heating expert though I suppose.

It seems we have many questions we would like our board of directors to answer. The problem is we wont get any answers, and it's been like this as long as i can remember.

Given the financial restraints within the game in Scotland, I would not suprised in the slightest if several clubs have decided not to switch on their undersoil heating, and are constantly cutting back on things they consider to be unimportant. The problem is those unimportant things are holding the clubs back, and in fact running clubs into the ground.

Given the additional costs of running a club during the winter months, i think our season should be played during the so called warmer months, i.e. March to December

Why would any sane person want to sit in the freezing cold for 2 hrs, after paying well over the odds for that privilege?

Motherwell FC needs strong leadership from the top, and someone with a vision of what our club could achieve within the local community and beyond. Any takers?

The club are now a joke and i am seriously considering not renewing my season book after Saturday and i dont think i will be alone.Far from saving money when the game is eventually played this will have cost them money as everyone knows thre will be a lot less at a midweek fixture. :rolleyes:

I dont know if I've put this up here before, but it bears repeating.

Motherwell were forced to put in USH by the SPL, and apparently the installation of the USH disturbed the subsoil which was laden with decayed roots from the Fir trees which were once there. Ths disturbance caused the damage to the drainage system last season and may very well have caused the recent problem.

It's a total joke if the SPL fine us, clubs like Motherwell can't afford games to be off they lose revenue, wages still have to be paid if matches are off. The revenue lost by playing this match on a wednesday night as opposed to a Saturday afternoon is significant enough to ensure that any club would work their socks off to make sure the game is played at it's correct time.

I reckon we'll be punished but it wont be for Saturday it'll be for last season.

This line in the club statement annoyed me.

Contrary to earlier weather forecasts, overnight temperatures in parts of North Lanarkshire reached as low as minus seven degrees

Forecast was minus 4, hardly freak weather conditions for it to hit minus 7 then, is it?

Also, if the covers are good to minus 10 (Quoted from the club in various publications), AND we have undersoil heating on the go..... How on earth can we not paly a game the afternoon after it was minus 7?

We never did fix last seasons problems as promised at the time by John Boyle, the remedial patch up job was done mid season, and as far as I know nothing major has been done since! Although at the time big promises were made about digging up the park and starting again! We will get no sympathy, and as a club (not us personally as fans :D ), we don't deserve any!

I can't see past some kind of sanction from the SPL/SFA!

Although as stated, it would have been in our interest to get it on, due to the various costs, and lost revenue!

The biggest being, Hearts would have brought a big support the saturday after beating Rangers, and on great form. A cold, wet Wednesday night in January, might be a very different story.

3000 x whatever the price is?

or

1000 x whatever the price is?

£20,000 down the pan straight away, based on an average of £10 a head.

It seems we have many questions we would like our board of directors to answer. The problem is we wont get any answers, and it's been like this as long as i can remember.

There is no argument - general communication with the club is abysmal. The level of suspicion, trust, and respect between Club and Support is beyond a joke. It needs to be addressed - and I don't mean dragging up all the dirt again and again (eg the Cooper stand). Its going to take the support to accept the current position and do what they can to improve it, and the powers that be to accept that they have lost vast chunks support, and that they need to listen, and learn from past mistakes. I wonder which is more unlikely?

As much as I hate to say this, the Trust needs to be far more pro-active on this matter, and if that means going public to get Boyle's attention then so be it. The Trust remains the only fans forum with sufficient numbers and credibility to do this.

Motherwell FC needs strong leadership from the top, and someone with a vision of what our club could achieve within the local community and beyond. Any takers?

Ironic that in disregarding the fans that Boyle is in effect showing that he can be a strong leader - just not in the one many want! He deserves some credit for not deserting the sinking ship (regardless of whose fault it was/is), but needs to open up and communicate. Unless the support sees a fuller picture regarding the running of the club, the suspicion levels will just increase - as will the tendency to just assume the club f####d up rather than the cause being something outwith the control of the club.

In this day in age, there's really no weather-related reason why an SPL club can't put on a fixture on its scheduled day/time.

I do not dispute the principle here, but there must surely be times when conditions for supporters should be taken into account (off topic I know)? Sometimes gremlins do cause failures; sometimes cars break down despite being serviced regularly! I am not saying that the club are blameless for the game not going ahead on Saturday, but I do think they are entitled to the old innocent until proven guilty adage.