Jim O'Brien

postiejim

Stay with us, improve even more the next 18 months, get a big-money move down South perhaps. Go to Aberdeen, get bogged down in a constant struggle in their 1983 timewarp, and become another "nearly" player. Makes sense to remain where you are, Jim.

:lol: That is the most biased 'remove-your-claret-and-amber-specs' post I have ever read!

Don't get me wrong, it's not a HUGE step up, and I want him to stay as well, but c'mon man!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it would be a side step for him to move to Aberdeen but I get the impression he is quite fond of McGhee and enjoyed his time playing for him. If there is one reason he might go it would probably be to play for McGhee again.

That's just speculation mind you, McGhee definately made him a better player but maybe he feels he's learned all he can off him.

Stay with us, improve even more the next 18 months, get a big-money move down South perhaps. Go to Aberdeen, get bogged down in a constant struggle in their 1983 timewarp, and become another "nearly" player. Makes sense to remain where you are, Jim.

Even though none of us are agents, this appears to make financial sense. I think Jimbo could increase his wages by c.50% at Hearts or Aberdeen now - or triple them in 12 months time in the Championship. He's still not the finished article yet, so why not stay at Fir Park, being nurtured by Brown and Knox?

Even though none of us are agents, this appears to make financial sense. I think Jimbo could increase his wages by c.50% at Hearts or Aberdeen now - or triple them in 12 months time in the Championship. He's still not the finished article yet, so why not stay at Fir Park, being nurtured by Brown and Knox?

Problem is he can do both at Aberdeen.

But that would likely involve a transfer fee (if the move was in the medium term). Sounds like JOB seems to have some loyalty to the Well and might not choose that option.

Hope your right. I think he's been very good for us and is arguably our only creative player in an attacking sense.

Must admit if you had said to me in October that JOB would still be a Motherwell player come February I would have laughed. It is sign him up for another year/two years or lose him for nowt now.

He could still sign for Aberdeen or Hearts up until midnight!

aye but looks like the Lee Miller deal isn't going through so they dont have 2 pennies to rub together.

If he goes to either of them, it should be for at least the difference in prize money between finishing 5th and 7th in the SPL, otherwise it's not really worth it.

If JOB is still here at the end of the deadline then all that it really means is that he'll walk away from us at the end of the season for nowt. I just can't see him committing his future to the 'well. Hope I'm proved wrong but I think he'll chase the money.

I'd love JOB to stay and think he will, unless Aberdeen offer something like 100k we won't entertain it. That said we wouldn't have time to replace him in the squad so I'd veto any move tonight.