Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

Juan Kerse

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pish draw, mind you anythings better than St Mirren away!

Ditto that............

We have over the years cocked up so many home ties..i guess it does not much matter that we are away. If anything Falkirk and Killie would be slight favourites to win given they are at home. That said we have a difficult enough draw against ICT next week. I think this game will be tougher than had we played the game yesterday - as there will be a fraction of the Well support to cheer on the lads.

. I think this game will be tougher than had we played the game yesterday - as there will be a fraction of the Well support to cheer on the lads.

might be an advantage. we generally dissapoint in front of a big Well crowd

Pish draw, but could be worse.

I don't think it could be!!

If it was Falkirk or Killie at home then at least we get more 'Well fans at the game and are favourites for the win.

ANY non SPL team home or away and we have are shooty in/have a good day out to somewhere different.

Old Firm away and we get a decent gate to split.

Along with ST Mirren away this is as bad as it could have got.

BTW - how fucking spawny are Hibs!! Two byes into the quarters!!

Boring, Boring, Boring.

It really couldn't get any duller,could it?

Everyone's been to Killie and Falkirk loads of times. I was hoping(as always) for something new and off the beaten track.

Ach well,if we get past Caley and then beat Killie/Falkirk I don't suppose I'll be complaining.

Two tough games but two winnable games. Granted would have looked for something more interesting than somewhere we go twice a season anyway but it could have been Ibrox, Parkhead, Easter Road or something where we would have been up against it as well.

Didn't get too excited about the draw today as more often than not, we tend to lose when we know who our next opponents would be.

As it turns out, not the best of draws. If we do manage to get by Inverness though, I'd take Falkirk. A decent wee away day. Kilmarnock are just dreadfully boring at Rugby Park and would no doubt beat us 1-0 or 2-0.

Hibs certainly getting the rub of the green so far.

I think its a symptom of playing teams so regularly in the SPL that when you get them again in the Cup its largely met with apathy.

The fact that you are tantalisingly close to playing teams we've never met for years or ever before only cheeses you off even more.

I think its a symptom of playing teams so regularly in the SPL that when you get them again in the Cup its largely met with apathy.

Think thats the major problem for our cup competition Rangers and Hamilton will play 3 times in a fortnight, that cant be healthy

Could have been better could have been worse.

If you want to win the cup, and who doesn't, you are probably going to have to go to grounds like Inverness, Kilmarnock or Falkirk and win.

It will be difficult to get through two away ties but it is possible and if we can do that surely the law of averages will give us a home tie for the quarter finals.