Fair Play League

el-pidge

Why are we actually giving this back door entry into Europe credence when we have a good chance to qualify for finishing in the top 4, Jesus we are lacking some belief here.

It was a fair question to pose, but come on, we can make European qualification due to our own desire and effort rather than crossing our fingers and hoping.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we actually giving this back door entry into Europe credence when we have a good chance to qualify for finishing in the top 4, Jesus we are lacking some belief here.

To be fair when the thread was started it didn't look like we had much chance of catching Hibs or Dundee United.

Thanks to the great run we've been on and some wobbles from the other teams that's changed now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think that if the cup finalists finish in the top 4 and 5th place becomes a european berth...AND by some miracle scotland are awarded a fair play berth... it will go to whoever tops the fair play league... if that team has already qualified through league position it will go to whoever is next on the list.

I am pretty sure celtic topped the fair play league and we were second last year, we got the award as celtic qualified through league position.

And for arguments sake, on current standings... Kilmarnock are in pole position for a fair play spot, closely followed by St Johnstone, with Accies and Falkirk trailing

I am pretty sure celtic topped the fair play league and we were second last year, we got the award as celtic qualified through league position.

only because loovens retrospective red card wasn't added into table by the end of the season, count that in and we were best behaved.

• 3 weeks later...

Least we are running away with one league............

April 1,

RankTeamYellowRedPoints

1 Motherwell 31 1 33

2 Celtic 38 4 46

3Kilmarnock 47 1 49

4Hamilton Academical 52 1 54

5St Mirren 48 4 56

5Rangers 48 4 56

5St Johnstone 54 1 56

8Falkirk 57 0 57

9Hibernian 51 4 59

10Dundee United 47 7 61

11Aberdeen 57 8 73

12Heart of Midlothian 61 8 77

I can't believe Falkirk have gone all this time without someone sent off, more especially with Pressley now in charge. In some ways, I hope they still have no one sent off come 4.50 on Saturday..........

:D

I can't believe Falkirk have gone all this time without someone sent off, more especially with Pressley now in charge. In some ways, I hope they still have no one sent off come 4.50 on Saturday..........

Couldn't agree more. Unless they get four men sent off that is!

Today's table. Can't believe a certain Edinburgh-based team have almost two-and-a-half times as many points as we have! Surely, as you say, the big fine is coming their way. Year on year they thugs get away with it!

April 6, 2010

RankTeam Yellow RedPoints

1 Motherwell 31 1 33

2 Celtic 41 4 49

3 Kilmarnock 49 1 51

4 Hamilton Academical 53 1 55

5 St Mirren 48 4 56

6 Rangers 48 4 56

7 Falkirk 57 0 57

8 St Johnstone 57 1 59

9 Dundee United 48 7 62

10 Hibernian 56 4 64

11 Aberdeen 61 8 77

12 Heart of Midlothian 62 8 78

• 1 month later...

I can't understand why the Scandanavians are always in the top five, taking the first four positions this year (Scotland fifth). Anytime I've seen a team from those countries they aint anything but well-behaved.

Probably......

The final table proved just how well behaved we were, and how much others were simply just thugs. Interstingly, Falkirk had no red cards throughout the league season......

1Motherwell 36 1 38

2Celtic 51 4 59

3Hamilton Academical 60 1 62

4Kilmarnock 62 1 64

5Falkirk 65 0 65

6Rangers 58 5 68

7St Mirren 59 5 69

8Hibernian 62 4 70

8St Johnstone 68 1 70

10Dundee United 60 9 78

11Aberdeen 73 10 93

12Heart of Midlothian 76 9 94

I think that Fair Play table shows one of the flaws in our team. We are not strong enough to be tough in the tackle. So many times this season we stood off players when we should have just took them down. The 6-6 game with Hibs is a perfect example. About 4 of those goals could have been prevented byt getting into their face.