Soccer Sunday - View Away Games At Fir Park.

David

Motherwell FC is delighted to offer fans the chance to view the full 90 minutes of every ‘away game’ starting Sunday 31st January…

31/01/2010: Aberdeen

14/02/2010: Hamilton Accies

07/03/2010: St Johnstone

21/03/2010: St Mirren

28/03/2010: Dundee Utd

11/04/2010: Celtic

The Cooper Bar will be open from 1pm with hot food and plenty of cold beer available, screening starts at 2pm.

It’s a great opportunity to meet with like-minded Well fans and enjoy a family afternoon out! For more information, contact Diane on 01698 338008.

I personally think this is a great idea.

I doubt it'll affect the amount of 'Well fans who go to away games, but it will hopefully bring in a few extra quid on a Sunday.

Ideas like this are a breath of fresh air.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure how many people will be bothered after the event mind you? Good idea in principle though. I take it there are obviously TV issues as to why it can't be shown live but is it possible to have a delayed transmission on the same day, say like an hour or two? Probably not and that's why they've gone for a Sunday! :nod:

I think it's the same for the clubs down south who have their own television channel, such as Man Utd & Chelsea.

They show the full 90 minutes of their Saturday game at midnight, don't they?

I guess attendance will depend on the result & type of game it is.

For example, if we beat Aberdeen 4-3, 2 Dons players get sent off and Muttley gets sent to the stand, i'll be there :nod:

I think it's the same for the clubs down south who have their own television channel, such as Man Utd & Chelsea.

They show the full 90 minutes of their Saturday game at midnight, don't they?

I guess attendance will depend on the result & type of game it is.

For example, if we beat Aberdeen 4-3, 2 Dons players get sent off and Muttley gets sent to the stand, i'll be there :lol:

Drinking on a Sunday, not for me :O

Canny make this the morra... Put ma back out today moving that great big telly out of the Cooper!

Great idea by the club and hope it's 'Well supported. The troops have certainly given the event a perfect premier to show! The Cooper really is looking good at the moment, a boozer to be proud of.

Make sure yeez get yer erses over there if you can make it.

Good luck to Diane & everyone else involved. :rolleyes:

Is it over 18's only ?

Would imagine it's the same as match day. Kids ok then, so can't see any reason why this should be any different.

Would be terrific if some of the players could come along and support it. Can think of a few over the years who'd have to been dragged away from it on a Sunday!

It's possible for us to show another match on one of the TVs. I think it's the Arsenal game that's on today so no problem to show it. The bar opens at 1pm, the screening of our match starts at 2pm and the kids are more than welcome - families encouraged. I'd love to have one or two of the players pop in, possibly even the gaffers, just depends on them and their own commitments. I'll make a couple of calls and see if I can find anyone willing to give up some of their time today but canny promise.

I'll try and meet wth the gaffer before the next screening for his thoughts on this and let you know how it goes. It's up to us to make a success of it and the more people that turn up for these screenings the better. It's just a bit of fun - you'll no' see it anywhere else on a Sunday so if you fancy a pint the Cooper's the place to be this avvy. Craggs tells me it's the best we've played a' season so I watched a bit of it last night (just to make sure everything's working). Give us a wee bit of support eh? Pound a pint I canny do but the beer's that cheap in the Cooper it's NEARLY free :cheers:

Thanks to Craig and Dave for helping me get rid of that monstrosity of a telly, Sam C for his fabulous technical ability. :nod:

PS - it's gonnae be great - we win :lol:

It's possible for us to show another match on one of the TVs. I think it's the Arsenal game that's on today so no problem to show it. The bar opens at 1pm, the screening of our match starts at 2pm and the kids are more than welcome - families encouraged. I'd love to have one or two of the players pop in, possibly even the gaffers, just depends on them and their own commitments. I'll make a couple of calls and see if I can find anyone willing to give up some of their time today but canny promise.

I'll try and meet wth the gaffer before the next screening for his thoughts on this and let you know how it goes. It's up to us to make a success of it and the more people that turn up for these screenings the better. It's just a bit of fun - you'll no' see it anywhere else on a Sunday so if you fancy a pint the Cooper's the place to be this avvy. Craggs tells me it's the best we've played a' season so I watched a bit of it last night (just to make sure everything's working). Give us a wee bit of support eh? Pound a pint I canny do but the beer's that cheap in the Cooper it's NEARLY free :doh:

Thanks to Craig and Dave for helping me get rid of that monstrosity of a telly, Sam C for his fabulous technical ability. :huh:

PS - it's gonnae be great - we win :cheers:

Full marks to you for the time and effort that is for sure. Be interested to hear how it goes today. Can't make it this afternoon but will try my very best to get their next time.

A fantastic idea but I can't help thinking that more thought could have gone into promoting the event.

The way I see it if you don't read these boards or visit the official website your not going to know that this is on today.

I can't make it but I hope everyone has a great day and we get a right few bob over the bar.