Soccer Sunday - View Away Games At Fir Park.

David

Do you want us to continue with this or should we just let it lie empty on a Sunday because the screen's no' big enough, it wisnae advertised enough (even though you were all reading about it on this very forum).... ^_^ sometimes folks... you just need to try something different...

We did so I suppose it's over to you. Thanks for your interest :D

Don't take my questions regarding the screen as a criticism mate, I was just curious.

I've not got the best eyesight in the world and just didn't fancy the idea of sitting at the back trying to squint all afternoon! :thumbup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why people would watch the full game when they know what happens and they would have possibly seen the highlights on sky or caught them online a few hours later.
Aye. While I applaud the initiative, it wouldn't be something I would be interested in all that often. And are we planning to show games where we get gubbed?

Yir Elder and I did this once, at the BOBATH friendly a good few years ago. Thought my camera/sound work was superb and Yir seemed to do a terrific job on the commentary!

I dont see why people would watch the full game when they know what happens and they would have possibly seen the highlights on sky or caught them online a few hours later.

Aye, but plenty of folk go to the boozer on a sunday anyway and, if I read right, other Sky games will be shown. Seems to make sense to go along there and even catch some of the game with a pint.

Aye, but plenty of folk go to the boozer on a sunday anyway and, if I read right, other Sky games will be shown. Seems to make sense to go along there and even catch some of the game with a pint.

Like the fella said, it's better than having the place lie empty on a Sunday, isn't it?

Fair play to the folk who are going to a bit of effort to make a few extra quid for our club. It's not really for me and I doubt I'll ever go, but there's no need for the folk who don't fancy it to stick the boot in.

As I said on the facebook thread, I don't miss many Motherwell games home or away and there's very few I'd want to watch in full the very next day, but if some folk do have the perogative to go and stick some cash in the 'Wells till then fair play to them. I hope it turns into an extra wee revenue stream for years to come, but I can see it being scrapped before the end of this season. Hope I'm wrong though.

As I said on the facebook thread, I don't miss many Motherwell games home or away and there's very few I'd want to watch in full the very next day

I think that'll probably where it falls down, sadly... especially away from home, we're not likely to be putting in some of our better performances, and I'd guess a lot of them aren't going to be worth revisiting.

Maybe a better idea would be to save up the videos of our more successful outings, and show them over the summer months (maybe in conjunction with World Cup games?), when the club wouldn't normally be getting any income from punters at all?

I think that'll probably where it falls down, sadly... especially away from home, we're not likely to be putting in some of our better performances, and I'd guess a lot of them aren't going to be worth revisiting.

Maybe a better idea would be to save up the videos of our more successful outings, and show them over the summer months (maybe in conjunction with World Cup games?), when the club wouldn't normally be getting any income from punters at all?

We have won 2 of our last 3 away games by 3 goals to nil and drew the other.

The whole point of this is to get Well fans together supporting the club when the Cooper is lying empty we can watch the previous days Well game and some other football on the big screen.

We are the club and think it is a great idea. I am sure there are people like me with children who can't afford to go to many away games and loved watching the game on the big screen on Sunday.

Come on guys come down to the Cooper on a Sunday afternoon bring the wife (or husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, you know what I mean) bring the weans along too and if you don't like it you can suggest new ideas to improve it. ;)

Just give it a try for the fun of it. It is our team playing away from home and your chance to see the Whole Game, not what the BBC say are the 'highlights'. If anything, having watched both, I can see where the commentary on radio and the BBC highlights are totally biased and farcical.

Diane isn't trying to fleece us or take us to the cleaners. She is giving us the opportunity to see our team in action, win lose or draw, away from home. Surely that has to be worth a try even if you then decide you don't like it. Suck it and see, if you can and bring the family if you want cause its non threatening and a good way to get the kids interested in the 'Well! Dougie was his usual good self and made everyone welcome.

I am just an ordinary supporter with no axe to grind. I enjoyed my afternoon in good company and was made to feel very welcome. I will come back, even if I have been to the match because this venture deserves our support.

Please don't knock this if you havent tried it and Weeyin- I love most of your contributions on this site but how the ..... can you have a valid opinion on this? Let me know when you are next visiting and I will buy you a drink at the Coop as you watch us hump the BBs on their own patches.

Meanwhile a BIG thank you to CD for all her hard work and effort to make us a more successful football club.

BTW- how about a commentator competition? Got to be a lot of Archies and Chicks ( Youngs) out there??

Typical stuff on this forum, somone has the bare faced cheek to comes up with a new idea that deserves our support and it seems like a competition on here to see who put it down and try to be a smart arse without even giving it a go or getting off their fat arses and actually attending, at least then your opinion would be valid and at least worth listening to. Then posters moan that the club isn't being inclusive enough or trying anything to be a bit different and get people to go to Fir Park and try and make it a social hub not just on match days.

Absoulte murder, fuck knows why anyone bothers if this is the utter shite that they have to put up with.

Come on then smart arses where are you great ideas then???

Sure, there are a few people just moaning for the sake of it, but surely some constructive criticism isn't a bad thing?

If it results in suggestions and ideas down the line, then i'm all for it.

If everyone just came on and posted "that's an excellent idea! Well done!", things would get boring in a hurry.

Typical stuff on this forum, somone has the bare faced cheek to comes up with a new idea that deserves our support and it seems like a competition on here to see who put it down and try to be a smart arse without even giving it a go or getting off their fat arses and actually attending, at least then your opinion would be valid and at least worth listening to. Then posters moan that the club isn't being inclusive enough or trying anything to be a bit different and get people to go to Fir Park and try and make it a social hub not just on match days.
So if Celtic gub us 6 - 0, will you be turning up to re-live the entire 90 minutes in the Cooper the next day?

Absoulte murder, fuck knows why anyone bothers if this is the utter shite that they have to put up with.

Come on then smart arses where are you great ideas then???

I've offered up plenty of ideas over the years, but seeing as we are talking about away games on TV, here's one. Live internet feed of the game to overseas fans (for a fee). Downloadable highlights (edited by MFC) after the game.

Here's another idea. Crack a smile on yir sour puss.

Do you want us to continue with this or should we just let it lie empty on a Sunday because the screen's no' big enough, it wisnae advertised enough (even though you were all reading about it on this very forum).... :lol: sometimes folks... you just need to try something different...

We did so I suppose it's over to you. Thanks for your interest :)

CD - for what it's worth, I think it's a cracking idea, albeit it's had a slow start. If I still lived in the immediate area, I'd certainly be interested in spending a couple of hours watching a rerun of an away game, as I tend to pick and choose these games due to the cost.

If there's a downside, and it's already been mentioned, if we lose the game, I've no doubt this would affect the size of the audience - I don't even watch the highlights on the telly when we are defeated.

One possible option to get round this would be to screen a game, or even highlights, from years gone by, maybe with a live game from Sky\ESPN.

Another option would to make it a family affair with Sunday lunch available - accept this is a difficult one as food would have to be prepared and ready, and numbers would dictate if it was successful or not, but I know my missus wouldn't be overly encouraging if I disappeared on a Sunday, after potentially doing my 'own' thing on the Saturday.

Just a couple of thoughts, but hope you stick with it, and it becomes a regular, and popular, occurence. :D

MON RA DOSSERS

So if Celtic gub us 6 - 0, will you be turning up to re-live the entire 90 minutes in the Cooper the next day? - Don't know to be honest, might, might not - could go along and catch the Sky games and have a few cheap pints, might dull the pain of watching the match again.

I've offered up plenty of ideas over the years, but seeing as we are talking about away games on TV, here's one. Live internet feed of the game to overseas fans (for a fee). Downloadable highlights (edited by MFC) after the game. - Great idea why don't you do something about it then.

Here's another idea. Crack a smile on yir sour puss. - Bit ironic coming from a serial moaner such as yourself.

Once you learn to quote, it will be easier to respond.

I'm guessing you wont go to the Cooper the day after we get gubbed, but feel free to prove me wrong.

In short, the club won't pay for me to travel and film games for the internet every week, but he offer is there. However, it's possible that as they film every game, that they could give it a shot. There was a company that did that a few years back that was very good quality - so it can be done.

You still haven't cracked a smile (and I doubt you can find 3 posts over the last 3 months where I was moaning)

Another option would to make it a family affair with Sunday lunch available -

I think this is the main selling point of a scheme like this. The 'well game from yesterday should not be the 'event'. It should be the sweetener to the event of opening the doors, showing Premiership games, serving food. Perhaps even get a pool table in for folk to play while scooping some pints and while all this is happening there is the bonus that yesterday's 'Well game is on (with fan commentart - football without commentary on the telly is plain wrong) the telly.

THAT is what makes it different to other pubs/establishments for Sunday lunch and a scoop.

• 2 weeks later...