Soccer Sunday - View Away Games At Fir Park.

David

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fantastic idea but I can't help thinking that more thought could have gone into promoting the event.

The way I see it if you don't read these boards or visit the official website your not going to know that this is on today.

It would appear that the people running this read the board, so if you have any ideas to get the word out, fire them into this thread.

Every little helps, and all that...

A fantastic idea but I can't help thinking that more thought could have gone into promoting the event.

The way I see it if you don't read these boards or visit the official website your not going to know that this is on today.

I can't make it but I hope everyone has a great day and we get a right few bob over the bar.

I didn't even see it advertised on there.

Just back in from watching the game back. Disappointing turnout given it was a good victory yesterday.

We played Aberdeen off the park for long spells. Never looked like losing after the first twenty minutes. I don't know why I was still worried at 0-3 yesterday maybe just habit after seeing us blow convincing leads in the past. :notworthy:

Just back in from watching the game back. Disappointing turnout given it was a good victory yesterday.

We played Aberdeen off the park for long spells. Never looked like losing after the first twenty minutes. I don't know why I was still worried at 0-3 yesterday maybe just habit after seeing us blow convincing leads in the past. :notworthy:

Hardly been advertised very well, has it?

Didn't do a head count but about twenty or so turned up.

Not very encouraging for the organisers after a 3-0 victory at Pittodrie. Hopefully future viewings will be better attended but not sure how many people are interested 24 hours after the event. Time will tell I suppose.

Any idea why they don't do this for games at FP as well? I know if we won a good match on the Saturday at home, I'd watch the game again if I had nowt to do on a Sunday.

There's every chance that they may do that if they get a good turnout for the away games, isn't there?

I don't think this weeks game was advertised very well, but would hope that the next away game will provide a better turnout.

Again, does anyone know what size of screen the game is shown on?

Again, does anyone know what size of screen the game is shown on?

Why? Would you not watch it if it was less than a 50" screen? Surely the size of the screen shouldn't put you off watching a 'well victory? (unless it was on a 14" B&W portable!) :wallbash:

Why? Would you not watch it if it was less than a 50" screen? Surely the size of the screen shouldn't put you off watching a 'well victory? (unless it was on a 14" B&W portable!) :wallbash:

I'm not too keen on sitting in a bar watching a game that's being shown on a regular 19 inch telly thats stuck up on a wall.

Is it a big screen or what?

Got to say I thought about coming over but I've had toothache and decided I'd rather watch the Premiership games from the comfort of lying on the couch. But of the away games we've played this season yesterday is probably only the second I would have watched a second time.

I'm not too keen on sitting in a bar watching a game that's being shown on a regular 19 inch telly thats stuck up on a wall.

Is it a big screen or what?

To be honest, I haven't a clue. There was a really big one that was taken away prior to today so not sure what it was replaced with but I would assume it would be a lot bigger than 19". The one that was taken away was not attached to the wall either!

Myself and my brother went along, really disappointing turnout considering the result and the fact that a lot of folk wouldn't have made it up to Aberdeen and that it had been mentioned on here. It's a really good idea but first attempt was a bit rough but that is only to be expected. Game was on the TV's all around the Copper Suite as well as on the big screen with the projector so no problems watching the game.

Would be good if this was thought of by those attending as possibly a full day event, watch the early kickoff game on Sky then watch highlights of the Motherwell game then catch the later game on Sky, a bit like going to the pub but with the added attraction of watching the full Motherwell game as well that you wouldn't usually have access to. Also the DVD had no sound as it is usually used by the management team to analyze the game so a bit of commentary would be good for future events.

Appreciate the effort the organisers went to and the fact that they are trying to organise events of this type, those that were there were all sound folk and we had a good laugh.

As it was the first event of this type hopefully word will spread and be better attended in the future.

Thanks again to the organisers - Cheers.

P.S. Thanks to BobWilsonAnchorMan for the pause and rewind for the goals. :wallbash:

Yeah, some fan zone style commentary would be good if there is no sound, if possible.

Was at the game yesterday so didn't bother coming through but it really wasn't well advertised, was it mentioned on the scoreboard or over the PA last week, I certainly didn't see it.

Hopefully word of mouth will make it a bigger success in future.

Went along today after only finding out last night on here.

They are starting this to see if it generates any interest for Well fans on a Sunday afternoon.

Man City game on first, cheap lager, free hot dogs and Dougie Arnott there as well.

Saw the full game (without commentary) had a few beers and a blether with fellow Well fans, watched an impressive Well performance altogether a good day out.

I'll be back for the Accies game with some mates and family.

Great idea and with more fans going along will make it a brilliant day.

Well done everyone. (just advertise it more)

P.S. Thanks to BobWilsonAnchorMan for the pause and rewind for the goals. <_<

Cheers... I've already contacted the Sportscene mob to offer my services. :lol:

Not a great turnout today, but hopefully through word-of-mouth and improved promotion the event will gain support. Was good chatting to a few folk from here today, and it had a wee bit if a gang hut feel about it.

I've always felt that tv highlights of Well games has been utterly appalling over the years. Now we have the club showing the full 90 minutes and this must be applauded. Sure, it was a bit rough and there was no commentary, but does the lack of this actually detract from the pleasure of watching the Well? The lack of replays was a bit 'unnatural', but once I'd plucked up the courage to grab the remote we were sorted :P And I'm sure the Beeb wouldn't have shown the 2nd goal quite as often!!! I'm sure there are talented video editors out there that can replace me for the next game!

This was another brave effort by the club to do something a bit different for us Dossers. We all can do a fair bit of moaning about the club and it's often too easy to forget about patting folk on the back. Well done to Diane and the others for putting this together. Don't be disheartened by the low turnout, lets hope those that were there and those that couldn't make it will be back next time with few more mates. And Da', fell free to actually fuckin buy a round next time!!!

Sure I'm biased as hell, but I'm also immensely proud of having a sister that lives and breathes the Well.

Onwards! :)

I'd drag my lazy arse to this if I didn't work every Sunday. I think the last time I had Sunday off was last season when we were at home to Falkirk (won 3-2).

Admittedly, I'm just looking for an excuse to drink but it seems like a good way to spend an afternoon. Though I can see why folk wouldn't be into watching a game when they know the outcome.

Credit to MFC and Crazy Diamond for coming up with and seeing through new ideas that benefit the fans and the club. Very much appreciated.

Would definetly have come up had I not been working today. Hope it's a bigger turn out next time and, if not otherwise engaged, will be there. Wonder if we'll be releasing a DVD box set come the end of the season? <_<

Great to see this being discussed. I've read all of your comments and would like to answer some of the questions being asked and add my own comments. Yes, there's no sound. The footage is filmed by the Club's own camera man, we don't have a sound man working for us. As for commentry, feel free - could be great fun!!

The TVs include the projector screen which is massive" by massive", 2 x 42" flatscreens and one 19" which is the control point.

Advertising - every single home game, "Look whats happening a Fir Park" flyers are distributed in the Cooper, Centenary etc as well as at the kiosks. It was advertised on the home page of the official website, it was on the forum. Next time, I'll make sure it's announced during the warm up and at half time. I'll also have it highlighted in the programme. If I'm missing anything let me know and I'll sort it - thanks for the feedback, magic!!

Any SPL or Premiership match can be shown (if there is one) before and after we screen our game. To be perfectly honest with you, that's up to the folks that turn up.

You can go to any pub in this fine shire and watch whatever you like! What we tried to do today was offer something that NO OTHER PUB IN THE WORLD could offer you today and that was unique to the Cooper Bar. We want to encourage families to come along and I doubt you'd get that anywhere else either - oh, and then there were the free hotdogs we fed everybody today - the people who did turn up thoroughly enjoyed them and that deserves a mention, cooked by the fair hands of myself and Dougie Arnott- okay, so we're nae chefs but we'd nae complaints...hot dogs, onions, mustard or ketchup

It's not all about making money, it's about making our Club the hub of our community, making the Cooper a nice friendly place to visit on a Sunday afternoon with your pals or your families.

Do you want us to continue with this or should we just let it lie empty on a Sunday because the screen's no' big enough, it wisnae advertised enough (even though you were all reading about it on this very forum).... <_< sometimes folks... you just need to try something different...

We did so I suppose it's over to you. Thanks for your interest :lol:

Myself and my brother went along, really disappointing turnout considering the result ...................

Thanks again to the organisers - Cheers.

P.S. Thanks to BobWilsonAnchorMan for the pause and rewind for the goals. ^_^

I get the feeling a hell of a lot of folks didn't know about this. Echo the last bit though. :thumbup: