Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

I was/am very pro a petrol blue kit to mark our 125th year anniversary or perhaps even more appropriately, our 100 years in Claret and Amber which is due in three years time.

Can you no use yer considerable influence and make it happen? Just walk in and say you've decided we'll be playing in blue next year. ;)

More meat required on the hook Neil ;)

Trafficlight may wish to refer to this however ............. History of Motherwell Strips

We definitely need the white shorts back but I'd like to see a return to black socks as well. Would be something different (never had them in my time). I think it would look pretty good if you kept to a traditional design.

We definitely need the white shorts back but I'd like to see a return to black socks as well. Would be something different (never had them in my time). I think it would look pretty good if you kept to a traditional design.

Even though washing powders have moved on considerably over the years there appears to be a reluctance to bring in white shorts for the home kit

Tell you what Willie, you've excelled there mate! Some absolute belters there...

I was/am very pro a petrol blue kit to mark our 125th year anniversary or perhaps even more appropriately, our 100 years in Claret and Amber which is due in three years time.

Always nice to get a look at what people come up with. As long as the home has a hoop on it though! ^_^

'Flow

Here here. I think the sheer novelty of it (similar to the pink goalie top) would make it a top seller. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to produce colour wise either. IF we aren't getting new strips till the 2011-2012 campaign then thi should be the away. Let the motion start here!

Any chance of further 'fan design the kits' competition, in the future? I see Falkirk are doing it for next season.

Well, in two ways really. I don't think "Petrol Blue" is that nice a colour, or a common colour for a football shirt these days, so we'd have to make sure we got the shade right to be true to the original shirt, otherwise it's pointless. Not to mention the similarities it could have to 'h*n blue' if it's done wrong. I also think the shirt itself would have to have a retro design, otherwise the old-fashioned colour wouldn't look right. Might even be an idea to have the names of Glencairn and Alpha incorporated into the shirt in some way.

I dunno - I do like the idea of doffing our cap to the traditions of bygone years, but I just don't think I'm going to like the end result of this one.

To be honest I personally wouldn't care what the Rangers and Celtic fans thought of it. As long as we are happy with it. We would know what it symbolised and if it was smart then I think it would sell well. If enough of us want it and would be prepared to buy it then I think it COULD happen.

To be honest I personally wouldn't care what the Rangers and Celtic fans thought of it. As long as we are happy with it. We would know what it symbolised and if it was smart then I think it would sell well. If enough of us want it and would be prepared to buy it then I think it COULD happen.

Exactly. To hell with what others think. Let's just worry about US.

petrel blue, sampdoria style please.

Sampdoria style 'petrol blue' away.

I've always liked the thought of honouring players who have played for Motherwell since 1886. Printing names of players past and present in a slightly darker shade on the front and back of the shirt could be a subtle way of achieving this.

1zfk5jt.jpg

Sampdoria style 'petrol blue' away.

I've always liked the thought of honouring players who have played for Motherwell since 1886. Printing names of players past and present in slightly darker shade on the front and back of the shirt could be a subtle way of achieving this.

1zfk5jt.jpg

Yes, yes, and yes. Could see the name thing being a problem though. Cracking idea but right now with CCC it would probably be too much. We are obviously going to get, to some extent, a template design. This would maybe seem like too much work for a club our size. Another teams away kit (from last season or two) in petrol blue MIGHT be the best we could hope for with regards to CCC. However, if they did give us our very own design or were open to a 'fan designing the kit' initiative, they could do worse than consider this.

I've always been a fan of kit designs and going by past threads I know we have a few talented strip designers out there.

This is purely for fun so feel free to add your fantasy Well home or away kit design for all to see.

*IMPORTANT*

Do not include any manufacturer/sponsor logos or the Motherwell F.C. badge.

Going by previous threads, this is frowned upon by the club and sponsors and will only be removed.

I'll start with a mix of home and away kit designs.

xavztx.jpg

2iqh1f9.jpg

2ufa60z.jpg

iepdvq.jpg

339hend.jpg

Feckin superb efforts mate !

Simple and very traditional !

Well, it seems quite a few people on here like the petrel blue. As I said before I don't, but that is only my opinion.

If it does become the away strip, please, please make sure it is never worn with the Shocking Pink goalkeepers strip. :lol: