Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

That's my thoughts. I haven't seen any kids/teenagers in the 125th anniversary kit despite it being brilliant.

You've no' been doon the North then? Oor Evan wears his all the time.

That kit UBH posted is belting and as for the kids, tell them it's the new fashion, they'll no' know the difference :rolleyes:

That kit UBH posted is belting and as for the kids, tell them it's the new fashion, they'll no' know the difference :rolleyes:

We need to educate the younger kids on our kit history fatcalf, and using the available templates to our advantage is one way to do it. This Puma template makes a perfect homage to our 1913 kit.

We need to educate the younger kids on our kit history fatcalf, and using the available templates to our advantage is one way to do it. This Puma template makes a perfect homage to our 1913 kit.

As usual we're singing from the same hymn sheet mate, although I'd say some of the not so young could do with some pointers tae :thumbup:

I had been meaning to Motherwell-ise the latest Uruguay Puma template for sometime, but never got around to it until now. The template is very reminiscent of our first ever C&A top and would make a very nice away or even a very brave home shirt.

2vbu2z7.jpg

Showed this kit to my 8 year old and he wants one ..NOW..!!

I like that top, think its pretty decent, great thing about claret and amber is it always looks like a well top :-)

Good looking top, plus they always look better with no sponsors logo wasting it :nod: Every new strip should have the no sponsor version offerred for sale

Every new strip should have the no sponsor version offerred for sale

In an ideal world yes, however sponsors will usually want their brand on all replica shirts. Some bigger clubs offer non sponsored shirts for sale, and it would be interesting to see how many they sell compared to the one with the sponsor.

I had been meaning to Motherwell-ise the latest Uruguay Puma template for sometime, but never got around to it until now. The template is very reminiscent of our first ever C&A top and would make a very nice away or even a very brave home shirt.

2vbu2z7.jpg

Absolute BELTER ---- should have been our kit this season, in homeage to 100 years of C&A.

I'd prefer it with this season's socks.

Oh and black socks with that thank you. :rolleyes:

The original socks that went with the 1913 kit were claret with two white stripes. These were used up until 1928, however I have always thought that they looked a bit odd with those kits. A move back to amber and black could look good for a one off strip, or we could just stick with claret and amber. Strangely this years kit is the first time that we have embraced proper hooped socks for our home kit.

motherwell_1913-1924-a.gifmotherwell_1924-1928-a.gifmotherwell_1928-sept-oct-a.gif

Since there is a break in the tennis, here’s one I did a little while back but forgot to post on here.

I am a sucker for white away kits with claret and amber hoops. Our last attempt at this design was spoilt in my opinion by a some what clumsy blue Zoom Airlines logo. A much better effort was done in the late 50s early 60s by Umbro. Sadly Umbro have all but disappeared from the UK football scene when they were sold by Nike to the Iconix Group for just £140 million, despite buying them for £377 million in 2008. They now mainly supply kits to teams abroad and will be a sad loss to the professional UK football kit scene. Umbro were the one company whom I wish we had had a deal with when they were going through that mini revival. They always took great care to research a clubs kit history and their designs always seemed to reflect that.

This Umbro template had quite an odd looking collar, however it doesn't look too bad when given the C&A treatment.

2h3redy.jpg

• Like 4