Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

Going by some recent Macron 2015-16 templates I reckon this one would suit our 70s sash kit the best. We are also due a collar on our home top and this just might be the year for it to return.

2q9dj53.jpg

take my money now please thanks

Basic online team wear sometimes gets an unfair press, however, I was keen to see what can be achieved within it’s limitations (I did add a hoop to the home top). For this photoshop experiment, I opted for a basic adidas team wear template complete with classic sponsor.

The home sees the return of our hooped sleeves, whilst the away pays homage to our 90s pinstriped away kit. The presentation suit is how I like to see all our training kit, decked out in claret and amber.

9lg0ur.jpg

Fantastic Get a new job ubh! Adidas are far and away best kits out

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another basic adidas team wear shirt (tiro drydye jersey) that I quickly mocked up in C&A a few months back. Teamwear gets slated at times, however, with the addition of a bold amber hoop (I prefer a bolder hoop on our shirts) and a classic sponsors logo you can produce a very nice claret away top. I like no nonsense simple kits, however, I find that some manufactures templates can be overly fussy for my taste. The reverse combination of this top would also make a very nice homage to our late 70s early 80s adidas shirt (if I get time I might mock one up). The fact that adidas still offer a relatively basic three stripe football shirt template shows that there must still be a demand for what is a classic shirt design template.

f0uuyo.jpg

• 5 months later...

I haven’t posted a fantasy kit in a while, however, here are a couple of quick home and away designs that I found lurking on my hard drive.

Both tops are based on recent 2014-15 Macron templates (I think Aston Villa and Millwall). I love our current home homage to the 70s diagonal sash, However, as we approach our 130th anniversary we should hopefully see the return of the simple, no-nonsense, claret hoop. As Europe is out of the question, it would also leave us free to produce a home shirt with a classic front to back hoop (UEFA frown upon anything that gets in the way of the shirt numbers).

This seasons pinstriped away seen a welcome return to C&A on our away top. I hope it sent a clear message out that we need to have at least a small hint of C&A on any future away kits. This is Cash Converters final year as our shirt sponsor (?), and while their financial backing has been welcome, hopefully we can attract a sponsor that isn’t from the loans, gambling or alcohol sector.

wbte89.jpg

• Like 1

However, as we approach our 130th anniversary we should hopefully see the return of the simple, no-nonsense, claret hoop. As Europe is out of the question, it would also leave us free to produce a home shirt with a classic front to back hoop (UEFA frown upon anything that gets in the way of the shirt numbers).

wbte89.jpg

We shouldnt be wearing claret and amber next season

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/images/motherwell_1885-1886-ac.gif

Yes our original colours were blue and white, however, we have worn claret and amber for over 100 years and it would only be fitting to continue that for next seasons 130 years home kit. Our 2013, 100 years of C&A third shirt paid tribute to our Glencairn/Alpha roots and I would be surprised if we went down that route again so soon. You can experiment with the away kit colour, although I do like to see flashes of C&A somewhere on it.

I am at an age now where I no longer buy replica strips, however, I have been critical of the way that our usual club badge has been reproduced on our kits. I am a supporter of having a quality stitched badge and in recent times I have been less than impressed by the way that the badge has looked. This doesn’t just apply just to Motherwell, much bigger clubs are also adopting a ‘cheaper,’ easier approach to branding their replica shirts.

Are we brave enough? :ph34r:

Our 1886 blue and white striped, lace collared shirt, complete with claret and amber trims.

2quuag9.jpg

I have always been a fan of Umbro’s 70s/80s diamond sleeve shirts. However, sadly by 1985 the year of our last Umbro kit, the design had all but run it’s course.

Here is a quick fantasy MFC Umbro kit, using a 1960s ‘V’ inset collar, combined with the iconic 1970s diamond sleeve design.

72w283.jpg

• Like 2