Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

A mock up that is as rough as a badgers arse, however, the new Sweden home would compliment the earlier adidas away teamwear design. I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing us back an adidas kit sometime in the future, although I would imagine Macron will be here for a few years yet.

30vfa5v.jpg

• Like 2

How long does the present macron contract have left? Is next season the last one?

No timescale appears to have been given when we announced our Macron deal. The previous Puma contract lasted for 4 seasons and we have currently been with Macron for 2 seasons. Out with the pre mid 70s shirt dominance of Bukta/Umbro (back when nearly every pro shirt was made by either Bukta (Est. 1879), Umbro (Est. 1924) or by some obscure gentleman’s outfitter ) our longest partnership was the 9 season deal with the American based soccer company Xara.

I think it’s important to mix it up every now and then and adidas is a company we have not been with since season 81-82.

Nice as they are the tribute kit stuff was surely just marketing spin applied to kits that were made markedly different enough from those season before to help boost sales.

You'll struggle to convince me that the starting point at either Macron or Motherwell was to pay homage to Willie Pettigrew or the 94`95 side.

A mock up that is as rough as a badgers arse, however, the new Sweden home would compliment the earlier adidas away teamwear design. I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing us back an adidas kit sometime in the future, although I would imagine Macron will be here for a few years yet.

30vfa5v.jpg

This is good far far better than the shiny one from late 70s early 80s

Nice as they are the tribute kit stuff was surely just marketing spin applied to kits that were made markedly different enough from those season before to help boost sales.

You'll struggle to convince me that the starting point at either Macron or Motherwell was to pay homage to Willie Pettigrew or the 94`95 side.

It was still marked as a one off kit for one season.

Not sure how much truth there is in it but the Bully Wee fan in work suggested they had until today or tomorrow to register their kits for next season. They released an image of their kit which involves some money making scheme where folk could get their names on it and it's apparently been serious under-subscribed.

The point being if that's the case for them then one would assume it might be the same for the rest of us? Maybe we'll get a wee inkling soon then as to what we might be running out in next season.

Not sure how much truth there is in it but the Bully Wee fan in work suggested they had until today or tomorrow to register their kits for next season. They released an image of their kit which involves some money making scheme where folk could get their names on it and it's apparently been serious under-subscribed.

The point being if that's the case for them then one would assume it might be the same for the rest of us? Maybe we'll get a wee inkling soon then as to what we might be running out in next season.

I think all clubs are required to submit an illustration or description of any new design in advance of the new season. These illustrations/designs will have been thought out on many months in advance in preparation for the 2016/17 season.

As for the design, I really hope that we produce a classic shirt design that in some way acknowledges our 130 year heritage. However, that doesn’t mean that we should trot out in the blue and white vertical striped shirts that we wore in 1886. My personal preference would be for a subtly sublimated past and present player name design. Although, I suspect it will be the more usual 130 years text positioned around the club badge or on the back of the collar. There was some talk about having the names of members of the Well society on the shirt (similar to the Hearts Foundation Puma top), however, this would alienate a sizeable proportion of our fan base who's name would not feature on the top.

New-Hearts-Third-Strip-15-16.jpg

That Hearts top is absolutely honking.

Yes I do agree, however, there have been better examples over the years produced by other clubs. The more subtle approach is the way forward. This could be either a slightly darker claret name sublimation on the hoop or a slightly darker amber on the main shirt. If done right, it has the potential to look pretty smart. :)

here was some talk about having the names of members of the Well society on the shirt (similar to the Hearts Foundation Puma top), however, this would alienate a sizeable proportion of our fan base who's name would not feature on the top.

There's a way to resolve that, if it bothers them.

I am probably in the minority, however, I like hooped sleeves. They also provide a ready made guide as to where to stick the now compulsory premiership sleeve patches.

This design is a blend of two classic Motherwell shirt designs. The 1960s crew neck top and the late 1920s-50s hooped sleeve shirts. Both the claret chest hoop and the hooped sleeves are two of the most recognisable design elements in our shirt history. I reckon this combination has the potential to make an interesting fantasy 130th Anniversary shirt.

ixyzkg.jpg

• Like 2

Back on the theme of tributes and anniversaries, I think we will have to settle back into a routine of just having a new kit rather than expect something like the 125 year kit we had, or even the entire 2011-2013 period. 130 is another decade but celebration kits every 5 years devalue their purpose IMO.

Back on the theme of tributes and anniversaries, I think we will have to settle back into a routine of just having a new kit rather than expect something like the 125 year kit we had, or even the entire 2011-2013 period. 130 is another decade but celebration kits every 5 years devalue their purpose IMO.

Beaten to the punch!!!

I honestly don't understand why we need to celebrate the 130th anniversary via a kit or any other means.

I honestly don't understand why we need to celebrate the 130th anniversary via a kit or any other means.

I would probably agree with you, however, clubs love to celebrate these things usually with a special kit/badge. Some clubs abroad celebrate random years (86 years, 98 years). I personally would only celebrate the 100 year anniversary and out with that, I wouldn’t bother. However, if we decide to do it, we should at least do it well.

• Like 1