Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

I think they have been brilliant. All I ask for is a company that allows their logo colour to be altered to suit the shirt, and they have done exactly that.

Zoom and Jaxx (on the white away) were horrific.

• Like 2

In case you hadn’t noticed, I have a soft spot for white away tops with flashes of C&A. :biggrin: And I am also passing the time (when I should be working!) waiting for the new kits to be unveiled this week. :paint:

As a kid I loved the now iconic Umbro early 1970s Crystal Palace, bold two stripe away top.

6a3db02a45c218b905bb70fa5da5513e.jpg

Last season Macron produced an updated version of this classic away shirt for them, consequently, I am secretly hoping that sometime in the future they will produce a variation in C&A for us. Bradford City also had something similar in the mid 70s that was manufactured by Litesome. Macron still have the template in their current kit range (available with different collars), so production wouldn’t be a problem.

dzjabr.jpg

• Like 1

Macron do some really weird collar templates (I’m not that a big fan). The spit V neck is one of less offensive ones, however, if it was down to me I would always use collars that were more traditional.

I don’t expect us to have a front to back hoop on our new home top, however, I really hope we do. QPR and other teams have went against the UEFA kit rules grain with their new kits. They (QPR) even use it as a selling point with their ‘Hoops All the Way’ tag.

This bold claret V neck template would bring back memories of the days when Ian St John played for the mighty Well.

Ian-St-John.jpg

95pfmo.jpg

• Like 1

Alan Burrows ‏@Alan_Burrows 7h

@grossi1972 Will be this week... We'll launch home & 3rd kit with the away to follow the week after.

Potentially this could mean that we will have a different shirt sponsor for the away shirt (separate launch for each main sponsor). Some clubs do this as a way of maximising earning potential. Or it could just be that it’s just not quite ready (probably the most likely scenario).

Any idea if Sampdoria still play with a full hoop, ubh? Why is UEFA so against it?

Sampdoria usually do have the traditional full hoop (I am not sure about this years kit). However, when playing in European cup matches UEFA will usually insist that the space around the squad number is blank. This is mainly for clarity reasons, however, if applied sensibly numbers can still be as legible when applied to hoops or stripes. It really all depends on the font and the complexity of the shirt design. I personally think that a single hoop does not effect the clarity of a squad number. Happily, the SPFL are not as concerned as UEFA and they don’t implement the blank space rule. This is why celtic are allowed to wear their full hoops in the premiership, however, not for european games.

211426575-8b7e9162-4517-47fd-8e59-3e9bf7

Sampdoria-2.jpg

Stuggart tend to go for the traditional full red hoop, however, this can vary from kit to kit.

1074297_imgw968.jpg

Celtic Euro kit change shirt with blank space for the squad number.

2B263C8300000578-3187461-image-a-67_1438

Sorry, Haggischomper, missed your reply (crossed).

Yeah, yeah and thrice yeah.

And we won't be in European competitions for long enough anyway.

Incidentally, was in communication with the guy who runs Historical Football Kits about a mistake in the Hamilton Accies history section and he thought you could never bet on what Macron might do, if it is Macron again.

...if it is Macron again.

Definitely Macron. I’m sure the club confirmed that a while back. My personal preference would be for Umbro kits. Our kit supplier PSL do sell Umbro teamwear, however, I am not sure to what extent they can customise them to suit our needs (e.g. claret hoop).

...you could never bet on what Macron might do

Agreed. I remember they produced some really odd shaped tops/shorts for Leeds United and I wondered what we had let ourselves in for. As I have said, I am not a fan of some of their more bizarre collar styles/weird patterned shirts (I know, I’m old and set in my ways!). As a self proclaimed traditionalist, I make no apologies for being a fan of the Umbro approach to kit design. In saying that, apart from the fussy 2014-15 home collar, last years Macron kits were pretty good design wise. I have always had issues with the quality of stitching/finishing on the official club crest (which I think has cheapened a few of our recent releases). However, hopefully that will be resolved/improved on the new kits. At the end of the day, apart from the players, the kits are mainly aimed at kids. Kids who are more likely to embrace fluorescent colours and odd designs. In that respect, Macron are probably the perfect choice for any club.

In case you hadnt noticed, I have a soft spot for white away tops with flashes of C&A. :biggrin: And I am also passing the time (when I should be working!) waiting for the new kits to be unveiled this week. :paint:

As a kid I loved the now iconic Umbro early 1970s Crystal Palace, bold two stripe away top.

6a3db02a45c218b905bb70fa5da5513e.jpg

Last season Macron produced an updated version of this classic away shirt for them, consequently, I am secretly hoping that sometime in the future they will produce a variation in C&A for us. Bradford City also had something similar in the mid 70s that was manufactured by Litesome. Macron still have the template in their current kit range (available with different collars), so production wouldnt be a problem.

dzjabr.jpg

Where do I send my money?

Same sponsor for all kits. Flow confirmed on Twitter.

Any rumours/clues to who it might be? A while back I proposed Castle Water, although that was just pure guess work given that they have previously sponsored the back of our shirts. Whoever, it is I hope their logo/colours are sympathetic to the new designs.

Any rumours/clues to who it might be? A while back I proposed Castle Water, although that was just pure guess work given that they have previously sponsored the back of our shirts. Whoever, it is I hope their logo/colours are sympathetic to the new designs.

I noticed new Castle Water and Motorpoint branding around Fir Park when I was there the other week.