Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

On 3/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, underboyleheating said:

On a kit related note. When did our kit become available through UK Soccer Shop? I always thought PSL had exclusive rights to sell our tops.

We do. UK Soccer Shop is very well known as (allegedly..) being an absolute fraud site. One guy working out of his house with absolutely no stock holding. If someone is silly enough to order from him he'll (allegedly..) then order from elsewhere (for cheaper than he sells for) and then post it on. Expert in selling sizes that are completely sold out, posting out the wrong size then disappearing with no means of contact. https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/uksoccershop
We're on this, cheers.

1 hour ago, SCDave said:

We do. UK Soccer Shop is very well known as (allegedly..) being an absolute fraud site. One guy working out of his house with absolutely no stock holding. If someone is silly enough to order from him he'll (allegedly..) then order from elsewhere (for cheaper than he sells for) and then post it on. Expert in selling sizes that are completely sold out, posting out the wrong size then disappearing with no means of contact. https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/uksoccershop
We're on this, cheers.

Thanks Dave, it looked very suspicious to me. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I’m thinking our blue kit may be due for a revival next season (I know it divides opinion).
In recent seasons we’ve had a claret and a white away and we do like to switch it up every now and then. Design wise we have become very Roma in our approach to shirt design. This season Roma have revived their blue kit from years ago as a third option utilising claret/amber trims. Here is a relatively simple design I created around 5 years ago that adopts a similar approach.

No photo description available.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
A young boy and his dad have been spending their lockdown time designing football kits. I was so impressed with his son’s Motherwell home shirt I decided to do a very quick mock up to show him what his shirt might look like in the flesh. Looks pretty good to me.

image.thumb.png.f36777800e54bce6f123f228663a48ee.png

Quite like that. Different to our norm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

The mock ups using the Erima templates look superb UBH, love the C&A trackie top.

The white away kit also looks excellent but was there not something about a France World Cup kit having to be canned as the sleeves were different colours? 

In the early days Erima made kits for adidas as they didn’t have the facility to produce them. They adidas eventually bought them out, however, they were set free again in the mid 80s I think. Weird how other German companies like Puma, adidas, Hummel have provided kits for clubs in the UK, but Erima haven’t really made inroads.

UEFA have had all sorts of issues with kit over the years. I’m sure different sleeve colours were brought up at one point as it could cause confusion during a game. However, if both sleeve colours don’t clash with the opposition I don’t see a problem. UEFA may think different. 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:28 PM, underboyleheating said:

A young boy and his dad have been spending their lockdown time designing football kits. I was so impressed with his son’s Motherwell home shirt I decided to do a very quick mock up to show him what his shirt might look like in the flesh. Looks pretty good to me.

image.thumb.png.f36777800e54bce6f123f228663a48ee.png

Although not one for breaking away from the claret band across the chest, this is a design I quite like. Would perhaps even look good as a white away shirt with the same claret designs?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, David said:

Although not one for breaking away from the claret band across the chest, this is a design I quite like. Would perhaps even look good as a white away shirt with the same claret designs?

Not a bad idea. Perhaps alternate claret/amber/claret brush strokes on a white base?

• Like 1