Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

I was a supporter of Motherwell’s 2012-13 ‘petrol blue’ shirt. However, I suspect the shirt that was eventually released was a Puma template that lacked the distinctive 4 bold hooped white/claret/amber/white Sampdoria feel I was pushing for on here at the time. The blue shirt wasn’t to everybody’s taste, although, the colour played an important part in our early kit history.

This is another ‘what if’ concept done in a bold hoop Sampdoria style.

Sampdoria-Motherwell away.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I was a supporter of Motherwell’s 2012-13 ‘petrol blue’ shirt. However, I suspect the shirt that was eventually released was a Puma template that lacked the distinctive 4 bold hooped white/claret/amber/white Sampdoria feel I was pushing for on here at the time. The blue shirt wasn’t to everybody’s taste, although, the colour played an important part in our early kit history.

This is another ‘what if’ concept done in a bold hoop Sampdoria style.

Sampdoria-Motherwell away.jpg

Awesome. Please let someone from the club be reporting back on this.

can I be cheeky and ask how this might look with slightly broader claret and amber hoops and slightly thinner white hoops? Not sure it will be an improvement, but just a thought. Also, I am assuming white shorts and socks?  We would look fantastic!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The African said:

Awesome. Please let someone from the club be reporting back on this.

can I be cheeky and ask how this might look with slightly broader claret and amber hoops and slightly thinner white hoops? Not sure it will be an improvement, but just a thought. Also, I am assuming white shorts and socks?  We would look fantastic!

The classic ‘Sampdoria design’ usually adopts hoops of a similar width. However, the width could be easily adapted. I would certainly recommend white shorts/socks with flashes of claret and amber. I would also suggest blue socks as well in case of a white sock clash.

Good teams wear classy kits and we would look great in something similar. Worth noting that Macron are great at producing ‘classic retro’ designs.

25 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

The reverse of our traditional claret hoop/amber shirt has been utilised several times over the years by various manufacturers. Here’s my ‘what if’ adidas had produced it in the 80s. I think it’s probably due a reboot as we last utilised it in 2002.

adidas-Motherwell-retro-claret-jersey.jpg

That's cracking,i love that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, many thanks to UBH for is sterling efforts with regard strip design.

One of the things he seems to get spot on, the recent blue and claret designs being prime examples, is keeping things simple and not complicating things with too much fussy detailing. How many half decent shirt designs have we seen ruined by s ridiculous collar or cuff embellishment?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

First thing that I tried, but I rejected it. I might stick it on here later to see what you think.

Here it is. Admiral did a bold stripe sash in the 70s and my original idea was to do a take on that. However, the Macron badge complicates it a bit.

MFC Mod crew neck sash.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, weeyin said:

How about a pin stripe width hoop (about the same width as the collar) just under the sponsor logo?

A smaller three striped hoop might work, however, with smaller graphics there is always a  danger that it looks more like a tee shirt rather than a football shirt.