Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

I’m hoping for a revival of our 70s Umbro white away for season 21-22. It’s long overdue a reboot. However, I’m sure they will modernise the 70s floppy winged collar to something more ‘now’ from their extensive shirt template archive.

MFC 70s sash sponsor.jpg

Lovely ..........as I’ve said to you before .........it’s not hard !!!!! Prefer the script to our “unfortunate” dated badge.....imho 

7 hours ago, The African said:

It is a cool shirt, with only really the collar that "dates" it. Any change there would have to be sympathetically done though. It is amazing how a detail such as a collar design can ruin the whole picture.

It would need to be modernised as the large winged ‘Harry Hill’ collar was of the time.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:55 PM, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Lovely ..........as I’ve said to you before .........it’s not hard !!!!! Prefer the script to our “unfortunate” dated badge.....imho 

I still like our badge but probably only because it’s all I’ve ever know and have seen no alternative.

So, to pose a typical close season type of question, if we were to change it, what within our current badge is dated and should be scrapped and what would folk like to see?

9 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

I still like our badge but probably only because it’s all I’ve ever know and have seen no alternative.

So, to pose a typical close season type of question, if we were to change it, what within our current badge is dated and should be scrapped and what would folk like to see?

Well there are no steelworks any more, the craig is gone, and  does the Fir tree forest depicted still exist, apart from those 2 the football and the colour scheme are ok

29 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Well there are no steelworks any more, the craig is gone, and  does the Fir tree forest depicted still exist, apart from those 2 the football and the colour scheme are ok

Aren’t the fir trees to symbolise fir park? I honestly wasn’t aware of a fir tree forest. Where was it?

I get the point about the craig but again isn’t that symbolic of us being the steelmen? That surely couldn’t be lost in any new logo,  steel was invented in Motherwell after all.

1 hour ago, Frazzie said:

We don’t change the badge because the stuff depicted Isn’t there anymore. If anything, that makes the badge even more important. 

Exactly. If every club changed their badge based on current industry we'd all just have call centres as a logo. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Exactly. If every club changed their badge based on current industry we'd all just have call centres as a logo. 

Or a hot food carry out shop

Come to think of it we could always cannibalise the McDonalds logo

Motherwell’s first ever C&A shirt was mainly claret with a bold amber yolk. However, as our shirt evolved the amber soon became the dominant shade.

Le Coq Sportif have a yolk design as part of their current range and I utilised it for my ‘reverse’ take on our first C&A shirt.

I’ve always loved Le Coq Sportif sportswear, although they have never really made a big inroads in the UK team wear market.

Le Coq MFC yolk shirt small.jpg

20 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Kappa are probably better known as a sports fashion brand. However, they still produce pro team wear for a few clubs. I’ve mocked up three current templates with additional sublimation that I though looked pretty smart in claret & amber.

MFC Kappa.jpg

Yes I like that very much mate 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Motherwell’s first ever C&A shirt was mainly claret with a bold amber yolk. However, as our shirt evolved the amber soon became the dominant shade.

Le Coq Sportif have a yolk design as part of their current range and I utilised it for my ‘reverse’ take on our first C&A shirt.

I’ve always loved Le Coq Sportif sportswear, although they have never really made a big inroads in the UK team wear market.

Le Coq MFC yolk shirt small.jpg

Would love to see the reverse of this!