Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

Would love to see the reverse of this!

As promised.

I produced a sponsored and unsponsored version. I suspect these days this would become an away, or special third shirt. It would be a tasteful and modern  homage to our original C&A shirt roots.

MFC Le Coq sponsor-no sponsor small.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ped_MFC said:

Queen of the South had a similar away kit 2 or 3 years back.

They did. The 5th King’s Own Scottish Borderers  used the same C&A yolk template as Bradford and us. They paid homage to the shirt worn by them, although they used a ‘v’ yolk rather than the more traditional curved yolk used back in the day. 
Queen’s were formed from a merger of three teams (Dumfries FC (formed 1897), a works side, Arrol-Johnston FC and 5th King’s Own Scottish Borderers). 

0000328_1819-centenary-away-replica-top.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tenuous link to the thread but might be of interest to those with an interest in kit development...

Macron Scotland Rugby Kit Background

It's a 15 minute or so chat (from 25 minutes in) with one of Macron's people going into how the latest kit was conceived, how preparations on next years is underway, some discussion of a new Macron store in Glasgow and the development of the Macron brand in general. 

On 9/8/2020 at 10:53 AM, Andy_P said:

Tenuous link to the thread but might be of interest to those with an interest in kit development...

Macron Scotland Rugby Kit Background

It's a 15 minute or so chat (from 25 minutes in) with one of Macron's people going into how the latest kit was conceived, how preparations on next years is underway, some discussion of a new Macron store in Glasgow and the development of the Macron brand in general. 

I attempted to shoehorn some C&A into a Macron training shirt competition design. Sadly, Scotland never went for it.

SCO2122_macron_kit_design_compA4_BT_WK.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Not wacky enough for them.  Take a look at the rainbow effort that won, and then the Sevens change kit. :huh: Your entry is verging on the benign  by comparison!!

Sadly I don’t do wacky. I much prefer subtly. However, wacky is definitely in, although the rainbow shirts have been done to death of late and are now a bit cliched.  

• 1 month later...

Who doesn’t love a white two tone sash shirt? Motherwell last had one in the 70s, but sadly it has never been revived since. Surely it’s only a matter of time? This design mixes the popular 60s ‘V’ insert collar a classic70s C&A sash. Two for the price of one.

Motherwell two tone sash away.jpg

13 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Who doesn’t love a white two tone sash shirt? Motherwell last had one in the 70s, but sadly it has never been revived since. Surely it’s only a matter of time? This design mixes the popular 60s ‘V’ insert collar a classic70s C&A sash. Two for the price of one.

Motherwell two tone sash away.jpg

89'90 away by Matchwinner no?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 9:27 PM, underboyleheating said:

I’ve always been a fan of the classic ‘extra wide’ hooped Boca Juniors shirts. The bold South America style would suit a modern take on Motherwell’s 60s claret/amber hoop away. My mock up is based on Sampdoria’s new Macron home shirt.
Macron-Summer-Cup-Boca-Away.jpg

With claret shorts, that would look awesome!

On 8/16/2020 at 11:37 AM, underboyleheating said:

As a fan of team wear I thought I’d have a quick look at what Adidas currently have on offer. Just requires some basic C&A sublimation.

Motherwell Adidas 2020.jpg

motherwell adidas away.jpg

I've been a huge fan of the Macron kits since they took over but these are really cool. To have Adidas on board would be amazing. 

• Like 1