Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

A young Art & Design student blogger has paid homage to our first C&A top.

Check out his blog as he has done some interesting designs for some other sides as well. Pretty impressive for a 16 year old.

Talent there UBH.

I like that top...now shorts to go wi it....

1. claret with an amber & white thin strip down the side.

2. plain white short.

Socks to match.

I wouldn't mind seeing us wear black socks with a claret & amber turn downs as we did in the 30's for one season.

I have always thought that a shirt tribute to our 1931-32 league winning side is long overdue. Although I’m personally not a big fan of rugby style kits, it would be quite nice to recognise this shirts historical significance by producing a retro replica of this top. Barring a minor miracle this will be the only Motherwell team to win the biggest prize in Scottish football. And unless the Old Firm go off on an atlantic adventure I’m certain it will never happen again. A shirt like this I would imagine would appeal to fans of a certain age, although it’s always good for the younger generation to be educated in the significance of this great sides achievement.

This is only a rough mock up, but I imagine the finished shirt to be packed in a limited edition presentation box complete with squad picture and book on this history making side. ( I can but dream! laugh.gif)

2jcd00y.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing us wear black socks with a claret & amber turn downs

As long as it's teamed with white shorts, aye :thumbup:

A return to black socks for a season could look quite smart. When teamed with white shorts and a traditional rugby style shirt, it starts to evoke memories of our 1950’s cup winning kit.

At the moment Puma don’t really have a template that gives a 50’s retro look and a kit like this it would probably need to be manufactured by Umbro.

27wy4ao.jpg

A return to black socks for a season could look quite smart. When teamed with white shorts and a traditional rugby style shirt, it starts to evoke memories of our 1950's cup winning kit.

At the moment Puma don't really have a template that gives a 50's retro look and a kit like this it would probably need to be manufactured by Umbro.

27wy4ao.jpg

Outstanding :thumbup:

SteelmaninOZ's talk of 70's Admiral in the football kit thread got me thinking about how they might approach designing a present day Motherwell top. With Admiral now back in business they will probably be looking to get a small slice of todays football kit market. It's too late for them to get back to their 70's heyday but with some careful marketing they could tap into the publics never ending craving for all things retro.

If this was a proper 70's Admiral top they would have almost certainly have removed the claret hoop!

2wrgq6w.jpg

Absolute belter!!

Get it made yersel in some wee Phillipino sweatshop and sell it doon the street.

I would buy one even if it wasn't legit :ph34r:

SteelmaninOZ’s talk of 70’s Admiral in the football kit thread got me thinking about how they might approach designing a present day Motherwell top. With Admiral now back in business they will probably be looking to get a small slice of todays football kit market. It’s too late for them to get back to their 70’s heyday but with some careful marketing they could tap into the publics never ending craving for all things retro.

If this was a proper 70’s Admiral top they would have almost certainly have removed the claret hoop!

2wrgq6w.jpg

Lots of good designs in this thread but this is a cracker.

SteelmaninOZ's talk of 70's Admiral in the football kit thread got me thinking about how they might approach designing a present day Motherwell top. With Admiral now back in business they will probably be looking to get a small slice of todays football kit market. It's too late for them to get back to their 70's heyday but with some careful marketing they could tap into the publics never ending craving for all things retro.

If this was a proper 70's Admiral top they would have almost certainly have removed the claret hoop!

2wrgq6w.jpg

That is smart as fuck.

Absolute belter!!

Get it made yersel in some wee Phillipino sweatshop and sell it doon the street.

I would buy one even if it wasn't legit :ph34r:

I sent it off to Admiral and their reponse was Very classy and refined...we like!”

You never know with a bit of luck we might be able to avoid that Phillipino sweatshop! laugh.gif

I sent it off to Admiral and their reponse was "Very classy and refined...we like!"

You never know with a bit of luck we might be able to avoid that Phillipino sweatshop! laugh.gif

More than likely sdome other lucky mob will end up with it, like Crewe Alexandra. :rolleyes:

Very good effort at the 1952 retro shirt UBH.

I don't have the software or the expertise, so could I ask you to make a coupla changes.

I maybe wrong but I don't remember short sleeves in the 'fifties all had long sleeves and rolled them up.

Have another look at the photo. The collar is similar to a shirt collar and the white extends into the amber,noone ever used them but there was a button at the top and one halfway down (you can do with out them).

It's only my opinion but I reckon the shirt collar adds too the style.

Have a go. Ta :thumbup:

Very good effort at the 1952 retro shirt UBH.

I don't have the software or the expertise, so could I ask you to make a coupla changes.

I maybe wrong but I don't remember short sleeves in the 'fifties all had long sleeves and rolled them up.

Have another look at the photo. The collar is similar to a shirt collar and the white extends into the amber,noone ever used them but there was a button at the top and one halfway down (you can do with out them).

It's only my opinion but I reckon the shirt collar adds too the style.

Have a go. Ta :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind comments Auldyin. cheers.gif

It’s not meant to be an exact replica of our 50’s kit, but more of a design excercise on how a present day Umbro template would look with some added 1950’s design elements. “Modern” Umbro templates lend themselves to this type of treatment as their designers are influenced by vintage design. I suspect Admiral (if they are wise!) will go down a similar route by looking to their past when designing future kits. You are correct about the long sleeves, as shorts sleeves didn’t come into regular use until the 1960’s.

UBH

I understand about the templates etc.,but, when I look at it, it looks incomplete.

It seems to lack something

SORRY. :sorry:

A return to black socks for a season could look quite smart. When teamed with white shorts and a traditional rugby style shirt, it starts to evoke memories of our 1950's cup winning kit.

At the moment Puma don't really have a template that gives a 50's retro look and a kit like this it would probably need to be manufactured by Umbro.

27wy4ao.jpg

Dear Santa

I have been a good steelman could I please have one in my stocking......:woop:

I would by that kit NOW.....if it was available :nod:

Not to worry, I may try a long sleeve version at some point. cheers.gif

You know I think my favourite from the rugby shirt era was the Ancell Babes one which had an Amber collar, the placket was longer and ended up in the middle of the Hoop, think that was the lst rugby style before the big V neck came in, liked that also.