Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

I haven’t posted a shirt in a while so here is another one gathering dust in my old hard drive. As a fan of the 1970’s NASL kits ( Philadelphia Fury, New York Cosmos, Rowdies ect...) I have always loved this style of shirt. The main manufacturers from the time were Admiral and adidas and this is how I envisaged Admiral would have interpreted a Motherwell away with a slight 1970s NASL style. In many ways our Admiral 1991 home shirt had a 1970s Philadelphia Fury design feel to it. The shoulder flashes were very similar to Fury’s Admiral and adidas tops from the 1970s/80s.

I love white kits anyway as it reminds me of 60s/70s floodlit football. The problem with Motherwell away tops is that you need the right balance of claret and amber, too much claret and you are in danger of it looking like a Hearts away shirt. I think it’s time we brought back a white away kit for season 2014-15.

2i9fns.jpg

Oh Yes good one UBH...this ones a lot better than that one Adidas gave us last time....

Nooooo. I do like this effort, but the last Adidas is still one of my favourite strips of all time (despite the lack of hoop and the slightly off colours).

Probably because it coincides with some of the best times I had following the team up and down the length of the country.

Nooooo. I do like this effort, but the last Adidas is still one of my favourite strips of all time (despite the lack of hoop and the slightly off colours).

Probably because it coincides with some of the best times I had following the team up and down the length of the country.

This kit....

Like you weeyin I was at this game

Scottish First Division match, 14th November 1981. Bruce Cleland and Willie Irvine are the scorers, as 'Well make it 14 games undefeated under manager Davie Hay, who took over from Ally MacLeod at the start of the season. Future Motherwell star Ally Mauchlen turns out for the Rugby Park men and shows us his Muhammad Ali pose...

1385162719[/url'>' post='399448']

This kit....

Like you weeyin I was at this game

Scottish First Division match, 14th November 1981. Bruce Cleland and Willie Irvine are the scorers, as 'Well make it 14 games undefeated under manager Davie Hay, who took over from Ally MacLeod at the start of the season. Future Motherwell star Ally Mauchlen turns out for the Rugby Park men and shows us his Muhammad Ali pose...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cLgbADKoF5s

Willie Irvine was a dude

I think it's time for the return of the sash.

One of the most well known sash shirts is worn by Peru. Umbro currently produce their kit and I was curious to see how a Peru top would look in C&A.

With Umbro’s whole retro vide the top looks as if it belongs in the 1970s. Depending on your views on a return of the sash, some might say that’s were it should stay. Personally I would love to see it make a one off return and who better to launch it than our very own Wullie P.

10h0dig.jpg

• Like 1

I would hae no problem with the Sash coming back as long as we return to a band/hoop pretty darn soon after it.

Agreed, it would be important not to loose our “signature hoop’ identity like we did through most of the 70s and early 80s.. Apart from a few interruptions since then our claret hoop/band has been around since 1928 and we need to keep it.

Keep it for an away kit.

We've had two on away kits that come to mind. A rather classy white number with an amber and claret sash conjours up images of Nick Cusack's flowing locks.

Then there's the Scott McDonald scored two goals number. Again perhaps more memorable for the occasion than the actual kit.

Keep it for an away kit.

We've had two on away kits that come to mind. A rather classy white number with an amber and claret sash conjours up images of Nick Cusack's flowing locks.

Then there's the Scott McDonald scored two goals number. Again perhaps more memorable for the occasion than the actual kit.

I don't remember that one Andy, any more clues for my fading memory?

bring almost anything back for next season and get rid of the black training top that the players lounge about in when the games starts

Yes bring back a White away strip.

The silver one was a one off and a cracker of a kit.

Do we not still have the Blue kit listed as a playing kit? If so please ditch the Black kit NOW in favour of the Blue kit as our away kit for the rest of the season.