Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

• 3 weeks later...

There are a few on here who have fond memories of our 89-90 white C&A sash Matchwinner top. Admiral also produced a smart white away shirt the year after. This was my late 80’s early 90’s retro inspired white away kit (apologies if I have posted this before).

mfc-white_away_20131226_1896717276.jpg

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the original Admiral replica was very itchy and uncomfortable to wear, however, you can be certain that the players version wasn’t the same material. The Admiral logo also faded after a few washes. :)

Ah the old polyester strips eh!

I remember the 1980 Umbro Scotland tops. They were lightweight but itchy as f##k and when it was warm and sweaty they ate you alive!

Love the classic designs but give me soft cotton every time!

Apart from our 1960’s summer cup amber hoop top I have never been a fan of claret away kits (probably because they can look a bit too Jam Tarts). This was obviously an attempt to try and rectify my dislike, however, I am still not convinced. unsure.gifdntknw.gif

mfc-claret_away_20131227_1587465727.jpg

Normally prefer whit away kits but I really like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am always thinking on ways in which we could adapt our signature hoop/band. Over the years a few teams have experimented with the use of tartan in their kit (Dundee took it to extreme in 1953 on their tour of South Africa top). This made me curious on how a Well shirt might look with some claret tartan on the hoop and collar. If applied in a subtle way it has the potential to look quite classy (in my own mock up the tartan is still a little on the heavy side) however, it still gives an indication as to how it might look.

The use of tartan (no matter how subtle) can be too crazy or radical for some, however, I reckon there is potential to produce a Motherwell tartan inspired Euro top for when we next represent SPFL in the Europa Cup. The shirt would also look good just purely as fan leisure wear, although, having a slightly bolder approach to your kit design can sometimes pay dividends.

vpx2kx.jpg

• Like 1

I am always thinking on ways in which we could adapt our signature hoop/band. Over the years a few teams have experimented with the use of tartan in their kit (Dundee took it to extreme in 1953 on their tour of South Africa top). This made me curious on how a Well shirt might look with some claret tartan on the hoop and collar. If applied in a subtle way it has the potential to look quite classy (in my own mock up the tartan is still a little on the heavy side) however, it still gives an indication as to how it might look.

The use of tartan (no matter how subtle) can be too crazy or radical for some, however, I reckon there is potential to produce a Motherwell tartan inspired Euro top for when we next represent SPFL in the Europa Cup. The shirt would also look good just purely as fan leisure wear, although, having a slightly bolder approach to your kit design can sometimes pay dividends.

vpx2kx.jpg

I like that....:nod:

• 5 months later...

AS Roma kits are always very stylish and in my opinion set the benchmark for all that is good in football kit design. I was keen to see how their new home kit would look with the addition of an amber hoop. I usually favour white away kits, however, I am not adverse to the odd claret away as long as it contains some amber.

11abdjs.jpg

• Like 2