Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

I really don't get the fascination with dressing like old men.

I'm all for a nod to history, but if we don't embrace the now then future kit designers won't have any history to nod at.

I agree Al, I’m not suggesting we go back to the past, I just thought it was maybe a missed opportunity at the time (late 70s early 80s). As a designer, I fully embrace new designs and ideas, as without them nothing would change.

The adidas top was based on an old design available to buy from retroshirthaven.com

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice apart from that snidey sponsor. Why you all Bovril daft this weather?

They share the same formation year as Motherwell (1886), due to their links with football it’s was more of a fun idea rather than a serious sponsor. Ideally you would want a more sympathetic logo design, however, in football shirt sponsorship that is not always possible.

• 2 months later...

They share the same formation year as Motherwell (1886), due to their links with football it’s was more of a fun idea rather than a serious sponsor. Ideally you would want a more sympathetic logo design, however, in football shirt sponsorship that is not always possible.

Hovis were founded in 1886 too and their logo colours could be made to blend into a claret band quite well I reckon....

• Like 1

I have been looking at a some recent Macron templates and this Bologna away shirt has the potential to make a nice away top. The polo shirt look is not for everyone, however, I have always loved this style of collar.

bologna-15-16-away-kit-2.jpg

2v9zub7.jpg

Just do away with the hoop/band and have it plain white apart from the collar and cuff trimmings and that would be smart.

If I had to choose a recent Macron template for our 130th Anniversary shirt this simple template works best for me. No disrespect to Cash Convertors, however, a decent sponsors logo will make or break a shirt. As I said before there is no chance that Coca Cola would even think about sponsoring us, however, their logo is a thing of beauty.

287m0xl.jpg

The one thing that has stopped me buying any of the current strips are the badges. On the training gear they're printed (poorly and out of proportion) and stitched on.

On the away strip (which I have always loved since Pony made it) the issue is scroll round the badge, which again looks awful.

I really hope someone from Provan reviews these boards and is a tad more stringent when the proofs are sent through.

Along with the text being the wrong way round on the 125th year strip it's a host of errors. Just can't see there being any issues with any other teams badge like how ours is continually messed up.

We standardised the colours a few years back, lets do it with the badge.

• Like 2

The one thing that has stopped me buying any of the current strips are the badges. On the training gear they're printed (poorly and out of proportion) and stitched on.

The club badge on our kit has always been a bug bare of mine and the standard of late has been very, very poor.

"The Coca-Cola logo is certainly iconic, but I don't like it on our claret hoop."

If only we had a proper hoop, weeyin (sighs wistfully). When I become dictator of the Scottish Republic, MFC will play in The Hoop for eternity, so there......

And circular badges are naff, in my opinion, but it's probably too late to remodel it.

I say, let ubh get on with things, in good hands there.

"The Coca-Cola logo is certainly iconic, but I don't like it on our claret hoop."

If only we had a proper hoop, weeyin (sighs wistfully). When I become dictator of the Scottish Republic, MFC will play in The Hoop for eternity, so there......

And circular badges are naff, in my opinion, but it's probably too late to remodel it.

I say, let ubh get on with things, in good hands there.

By the time you're dictator of the Scottish Republic the kingdom of Dosserdom will already have it's border control up at Stratchlyde park entrance