Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

Folk love an angle so could we see a possible 3rd kit with white & blue for 130th Anniversary and a reveal on May 17th?

Why the 17th?

If Google is anything to go by (and often it's not) it's the date the club was founded.

If I was looking to market a largely unnecessary 3rd kit on the premise that it's an anniversary tribute then that's probably the sort of thing I'd be looking to incorporate into the roll out.

Despite the good intentions behind the "x" I feel like I want to click on it to close the image!

I know what you mean Weeyin. :) However, as I have mentioned before I do prefer the more detailed tree graphic. The trees and Steelworks ‘battleship’ on our current badge are as rough as a badgers arse. They look as if they have been drawn by someone who to be frank can’t draw.

You've set yourself a challenge there UBH !!??!!

I set myself that very challenge about 3 years ago. To be clear, I love our badge and the elements within it. However, it has been let down with some bad draughtsmanship. Fir trees with poor definition and a steelworks that to me look more like a steam ship/battleship.

Understandably fans get very protective of their club crest (even the badly drawn ones). In times past only the top sides could afford to have the very best graphic designers/logo designers/draughtsman working on their corporate crests. Unfortunately Motherwell didn’t fall into that elite bracket. I am far from an elite draughtsman (although I do know a few) however, for fun I did a small redesign/tidy up of our 1980s designed badge. Like any profession technology moves on. The hand drawn badges of the 60s/70s/80s have now been replaced by computer generated crests (depending on the operator they can still be poorly done). It’s by no means perfect, however, this was my 2013 attempt to update our 80s hand drawn crest.

ih63ki.jpg

• Like 1

Current motherwell badge is a shiter. The majority of teams have updated theirs to look more professional and keep up with the technology available whereas ours was done freehand and looks awful. The one above is ideal.

Those are horrific.

Too much white on the County home top for my liking. The away is the better of the two, however, why they never centred the club badge between the pin stripes I’ll never know. The photography also doesn't do them any favours.

Edited by underboyleheating

Been a while since we've had one like that.

:lol:

Would look very different from the current one.

I thought the same too, claret and amber replacing the red and blue on the away would probably be quite nice!

(Is there not one earlier in the thread like that?)

The home is pretty horrific. Both highland teams seem to excel in ugly garish shirts.