Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

Perhaps it's the photos, but both of those Ross county shirts look proper bowfing!!!

I suspect we will get at least one or both of those collars and I hope they are better in the flesh than in that pic. The away one is particularly poor.

And as an aside, the White with c&a stripes is cool but petrol blue with white or c&a stripes....?????

No!!!

Perhaps it's the photos, but both of those Ross county shirts look proper bowfing!!!

The photographs are shocking and do not show the shirts in a good light. Every club should care about how they present themselves in the media and on this evidence Ross County have a lot to learn. They have even left a Cabrini logo in the background. A professional team with amateur promotion.

Going by previous seasons a few weeks before the start of the season.

It's a right pain, every season we are delayed for some reason or another, more than any other club, and every season I would buy a top to take on holiday but they don't go on sale until August.

I think that's a valid point.

Not so much now, but certainly when I was younger this was the time I wanted the new kit. Start of the summer.

By the time our kit comes out quite often it's July or even August and they start selling it half price in January.

The club really do miss a trick by not getting next seasons kit on sale earlier. I think the new Aberdeen kit is available now and the team will be wearing it in at the next game! I am at an age where I no longer buy football tops (apart from the odd retro one), so the release date doesn’t effect me. However, kids will want to buy and wear it at the start of the summer and within reason the club should aim for the earliest possible date.

Who makes the majority of the money on replica shirt sales? Is it the club, or Provan Sports? If so, how much do Provan pay Motherwell for the contract to sell our merchandise? I think they do a great job, however, every penny is a prisoner in these cash strapped times.

The club really do miss a trick by not getting next seasons kit on sale earlier. I think the new Aberdeen kit is available now and the team will be wearing it in at the next game! I am at an age where I no longer buy football tops (apart from the odd retro one), so the release date doesn’t effect me. However, kids will want to buy and wear it at the start of the summer and within reason the club should aim for the earliest possible date.

Who makes the majority of the money on replica shirt sales? Is it the club, or Provan Sports? If so, how much do Provan pay Motherwell for the contract to sell our merchandise? I think they do a great job, however, every penny is a prisoner in these cash strapped times.

I'd wager they'll be no answer to that especially on these boards. Be interesting if change is brought about by the fabled 'Well Society...

I'd wager they'll be no answer to that especially on these boards. Be interesting if change is brought about by the fabled 'Well Society...

There may well be, as clubs need to make maximum profit from everything they do these days. No point in selling loads of merchandise if the club make very little profit from it.

I was hoping that the new kits will be showcased this week coming. However, I would imagine most of the players will be off on their holidays so I am not sure who will be on hand to do the usual shirt photo call.

There was a tweet from Burrows to suggest the kit details would be unveiled 'a bit later than normal'.

Ideally, I think they would have wanted to promote the Past Present Future theme by releasing the kits on Wednesday to mark the cup anniversary.

There was a tweet from Burrows to suggest the kit details would be unveiled 'a bit later than normal'.

Ideally, I think they would have wanted to promote the Past Present Future theme by releasing the kits on Wednesday to mark the cup anniversary.

Later than normal? Released in time for Christmas then.

• Like 3

Motherwell FC is today delighted to announce it has extended its contract with long-term retail partners PSL Ltd.

The agreement extends a partnership this is almost fifteen years old, with Alan Provan and his team continuing their excellent service from the ‘Well Shop in the Cooper Stand and online at motherwelldirect.co.uk for the next three seasons.

Speaking of the new agreement, General Manager Alan Burrows said: “PSL are second to none in this market and we are delighted to have came to an agreement to continue what must be one of the longest-lasting partnerships in Scottish football.

“The new deal means Motherwell FC has the potential to earn more than ever from our retail agreement, with a healthy percentage of every single product sold coming straight back to the club.

“So fans buying from the ‘Well Shop, or online at motherwelldirect, do so in the knowledge that any time they purchase anything, Motherwell FC directly benefits.”

We’ve worked together for 14 very enjoyable years now; we have a strong relationship with the club and its supporters and look forward to the new challenges which lie ahead.

PSL Managing Director Alan Provan added: “We would like to thank the Motherwell FC Board for inviting us to continue in our capacity as ‘Official Retailer’ for the club.

“We are delighted to have agreed a deal that will extend our partnership for another three years. We’ve worked together for 14 very enjoyable years now; we have a strong relationship with the club and its supporters and look forward to the new challenges which lie ahead.”

Motherwell will showcase their new 2016/17 Macron kits as soon as possible. Keep check on the club’s official website / social media channels for updates.

I am happy with this news as I think PSL do a great job. :thumbup:

Just sort out the dodgy finishing on the official club badge and all will be well.

I see Morton fans got their appalling new strip binned: back to the groovy hoops. Well done to them.

Could we just have one?

No reason why we can’t have a proper full claret hoop shirt. Uefa have strict guidelines with regard to euro shirt numbers. They prefer a single colour blank back for the squad number, however, the SPFL’s rules are not as strict. Fingers crossed.

Any rumours/vibes, UBH?

I personally would keep the kits simple. Here I have used two different templates available on the Macron kit builder site. I would like to see a classic home kit and a ‘floodlight’ white away. For the rumoured third I would use our original blue with C&A trims in a polo shirt style.

23lzbkj.jpg

• Like 1

It's probably just my age, UBH, but I like them all.

Not usually a fan of the blue strip because of its similarity to The Teds' one, but I understand its historical significance.

Pity you're not in charge of our shirt design. I have never really understood the club's reluctance to stick with the hoop. Combined with our almost unique colours, it makes a highly distinctive "brand".

Wee teams like Juniors and Sampdoria don't seem to have any hang-ups about it.

Sigh...

It's probably just my age, UBH, but I like them all.

Not usually a fan of the blue strip because of its similarity to The Teds' one, but I understand its historical significance.

Pity you're not in charge of our shirt design. I have never really understood the club's reluctance to stick with the hoop. Combined with our almost unique colours, it makes a highly distinctive "brand".

Wee teams like Juniors and Sampdoria don't seem to have any hang-ups about it.

Sigh...

£££££££££ I suspect.

I remember some years back when Alan Dick was the GM/Chief Exec of the day stating that it benefited the club financially if the kits were sufficiently different each time they were renewed that it tempted more people to buy them again.

He said it was a delicate balance of trying not to rip off supporters but going through a mini-cycle of full-hoop, front band,no band/hoop would generate more revenue. And that was in age when you generally got two years out of each home kit.