Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

Those 'amber' shorts look very yellow but I like the top.

It’s probably just the lighting. Amber comes in many shades and can look yellow in certain light conditions.

Our original amber from 1913-28 was dark and the now brighter shade wasn’t introduced until Sept-Oct 1928. We have strayed over the years especially in the 1970s when the kit could be best described as pale yellow. After a few hiccups along the way we appear to have settled on a half decent shade between yellow and our original dark amber. Colours can vary between kit manufactures, however, Macron seem to be not too bad at achieving a decent tone.

The darkest I can remember was the Hummell top which was probably the closest we've had to the traditional traffic light version of amber but yes, we have had the other end of 'amber' with what was effectively a yellow Adidas T-shirt (still liked it though).

I quite like the shade we have at the moment although would maybe prefer it slightly darker.

I can't recall much variation on the claret although I am sure Hearts have had slight differences in their maroon.

I quite like the shade we have at the moment although would maybe prefer it slightly darker.

I can't recall much variation on the claret although I am sure Hearts have had slight differences in their maroon.

I would agree on both points. Our amber at times has a tendency to flirt with yellow and I personally would prefer if it was a touch darker. Our claret has been pretty consistent over the years, however, we need to make sure that it doesn’t shift towards the cooler maroon side of the spectrum. Our claret should always be warm and our amber should always be rich and vibrant. Right, I need to go as I am required at Paris fashion week. :lol:

• Like 1

Our 'amber' adidas was still one of my favourites though.

A retro design classic. The shirt was a bastardisation of pre-existing adidas tops (Forrest yellow away/West Ham white away) from the time and that’s why it was more yellow than amber. They were ‘frankenstein’ one-offs created just for the team and were never released for sale. Thank goodness we have more control over our colours now and a decent club shop. :)

See if you took the badge off that white polo, or reduced it's presence significantly that would be fucking class.

Perhaps the MFC monogram would be more suited to leisurewear.

Any news on who the new shirt sponsor is yet? As it has the potential to make or break a design.

ddpduu.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A variation on the Macron collar template. This time with a claret collar and claret shorts. The last time we had a proper claret winged style collar was our 2000-02 Xara top.

2ewjcwz.jpg

I'm into that, reminds me of the Matchwinner shirt from 89-90 which was the first 'Well shirt I ever bought. Much prefer claret shorts over white too.

Seriously, chill the fuck out !!!

It's not a new thing that Motherwell have struggled to get shirt sponsors and most certainly to the ideal criteria. Unfortunately, it's not an ideal world and Barcelona already have UNICEF tied in.

Whether you like it or not, Motherwell are an economically declining provincial club playing in an economically declining provincial league and to that end, the small margins are significant.

For example, Flow has been taking a bit of a kicking on Twitter for moaning about the lack of home OF fixtures next season. Those lost gates will not only impact upon the clubs operating budget but of course access to TV coverage and and the wider exposure it brings.

By consequence, our shirt space is less marketable and therefore further weakens the clubs negotiating position with potential sponsors and players.

Still, look on the bright side, due to the early start to the season, there is greater pressure on the club to register their kit with the league etc meaning that we may, like in 2010, be able to get our hands on a sponsor free Motherwell strip. I still love my all white puma jagged collar shirt as worn in the Europa cup !!!

I do wonder about the age and/or mental capacity of some folk using this forum.

The truthful answer as to why we don't have one come June can only be given by those running the club. The rest is conjecture. Perhaps the other provincial clubs are willing to settle for less? Perhaps the club had a sponsor who pulled out? Perhaps negotiations have stalled because future sponsors wanted to see the fixture list before committing?

Perhaps perhaps perhaps.

Perhaps you should apply for the vacant general managers post and ensure that such ineptitude will NEVER happen again????

I do wonder about the age and/or mental capacity of some folk using this forum.

The truthful answer as to why we don't have one come June can only be given by those running the club. The rest is conjecture. Perhaps the other provincial clubs are willing to settle for less? Perhaps the club had a sponsor who pulled out? Perhaps negotiations have stalled because future sponsors wanted to see the fixture list before committing?

Perhaps perhaps perhaps.

Perhaps you should apply for the vacant general managers post and ensure that such ineptitude will NEVER happen again????

The most cretinous post I've read on this forum for some time (and there's some serious competition). The potential sponsors wanted to see the fixture list first?!?

Holy fuck..