Jump to content

underboyleheating

Motherwell Fantasy Kits

Recommended Posts

So next seasons kits will have been decided and no doubt ready to roll. What are you hoping for? Something traditional or perhaps something more radical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

So next seasons kits will have been decided and no doubt ready to roll. What are you hoping for? Something traditional or perhaps something more radical?

They can play in an old Hearts top if they like, as long as they start playing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, weeyin said:

They can play in an old Hearts top if they like, as long as they start playing!

As long as the white sections are dyed amber, I’m fine with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

So next seasons kits will have been decided and no doubt ready to roll. What are you hoping for? Something traditional or perhaps something more radical?

Think we are due amber shorts......And keep this season’s away

image.jpeg.3bcac61ec74dd3152356b5de44267641.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Think we are due amber shorts......And keep this season’s away

image.jpeg.3bcac61ec74dd3152356b5de44267641.jpeg

Sadly the away will change. I’m expecting perhaps a black or claret kit with flashes of C&A. Or they may even go back to blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A shirt concept that has roots in the early 2000s when we wore an all claret away shirt with some amber piping. The two bold amber stripes echo the traditional chest hoop/band. I’ve selected Admiral to manufacture this one.

 

Claret admiral away.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todays shirt concept has its design roots in the iconic Peru ‘extra wide’ sash shirt. We also had a split claret and amber sash white away in the 70s with a similar collar. A black sash shirt will also evoke memories of ‘Skippy Sunday’ and the day the helicopter turned.

 

MFC 1970s homage black.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A classic shirt mash up between the popular bold claret hooped sleeve designs of the 20s/30s/40s/50s, and our 1960s signature crew neck shirt. I’m a sucker for the classic Motherwell claret hooped shirt design as it’s instantly recognisable the world over as ‘our shirt’.

 

MFC 1930s -1960s mash up.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

A classic shirt mash up between the popular bold claret hooped sleeve designs of the 20s/30s/40s/50s, and our 1960s signature crew neck shirt. I’m a sucker for the classic Motherwell claret hooped shirt design as it’s instantly recognisable the world over as ‘our shirt’.

 

MFC 1930s -1960s mash up.jpg

Sorry UBH, that one doesnt work for me.

Nice as a leisure / retro shirt but not as a first team kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Sorry UBH, that one doesnt work for me.

Nice as a leisure / retro shirt but not as a first team kit.

Yes perhaps it has more of a sweatshirt feel than a football shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love experimenting with  basic team wear and what potentially can be achieved with some no frills off the shelf kit. These Motherwell kit concepts are based on the current Umbro and Joma range. The claret hoop would require some basic sublimated printing.
 

Motherwell umbro teamwear 2020.jpg

MFC Joma teamwear kit.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few SPFL kits are starting to surface (Hibs, Dundee, Hearts etc). Any news/rumours on when the new seasons kit will be showcased?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted on Twitter today........

134 years ago today. On the 23rd May 1886 the first Motherwell FC game was played. It took place at Roman Road v Hamilton Accies, ‘Well won 3-2, goals by McPherson, Kemp & J Murray. No record of who scored the first MFC 

Flow replied

With ‘Well playing in the “petrol” blue of Alpha that day Stuart? Like the cig card from your collection... 

EYw0FLLWAAEkxn_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Posted on Twitter today........

134 years ago today. On the 23rd May 1886 the first Motherwell FC game was played. It took place at Roman Road v Hamilton Accies, ‘Well won 3-2, goals by McPherson, Kemp & J Murray. No record of who scored the first MFC 

Flow replied

With ‘Well playing in the “petrol” blue of Alpha that day Stuart? Like the cig card from your collection... 

EYw0FLLWAAEkxn_.jpg

Of course the ‘petrol blue’ shade is misleading due to the card printing, but I can understand why we have adopted that shade. The blue would have more than likely been a  blue not too dissimilar (whisper it) Glasgow Rangers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son's just shown me a post from social media suggesting the new kit will be on show at 5pm.

Not sure how genuine it is but he seems to think it's legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 2:23 PM, underboyleheating said:

I was a supporter of Motherwell’s 2012-13 ‘petrol blue’ shirt. However, I suspect the shirt that was eventually released was a Puma template that lacked the distinctive 4 bold hooped white/claret/amber/white Sampdoria feel I was pushing for on here at the time. The blue shirt wasn’t to everybody’s taste, although, the colour played an important part in our early kit history.

This is another ‘what if’ concept done in a bold hoop Sampdoria style.

Sampdoria-Motherwell away.jpg

No need to wonder what if...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, unknown said:

No need to wonder what if...

I’ve been wondering for a while, since 2005 I think.

Worth noting the Umbro concept I created below was done over 10 years ago in May 2010. It’s pretty dam close design wise to our ‘new’ away.

Also a few other blue Samp style concepts. I’ve lost count on how many I’ve done in this style.
 

Petrol blue concepts.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say someone likes your work ratber a lot UBH! :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I would say someone likes your work ratber a lot UBH! :D

You’re not joking! I just wish they liked it enough to pay me! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

You’re not joking! I just wish they liked it enough to pay me! :D

If I remember correctly the design for last year’s away strip was strikingly similar to a mock up of yours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katie said:

If I remember correctly the design for last year’s away strip was strikingly similar to a mock up of yours? 

It was. It’s all good. If the team looks sharp and they get any small hints/tips from my mock-ups then I see that as a positive. I love the team, and I love classy kit designs no matter who does them. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

It was. It’s all good. If the team looks sharp and they get any small hints/tips from my mock-ups then I see that as a positive. I love the team, and I love classy kit designs no matter who does them. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 5:17 PM, The African said:

Awesome. Please let someone from the club be reporting back on this.

can I be cheeky and ask how this might look with slightly broader claret and amber hoops and slightly thinner white hoops? Not sure it will be an improvement, but just a thought. Also, I am assuming white shorts and socks?  We would look fantastic!

Just returning to this as my question regarding the width of the white hoops has been answered by the new official away shirt and I have to say that I marginally prefer UBH's version. The hooos look better to me with uniform widths. Perhaps the use of four different colours works against being too complicated with any other aspect of the design? I also prefer the simpler collar on his version, though I am generally a fan of an old fashioned style like that used in the official version. I am neither here nor there on the choice between badge or mfc script as both work fine for me. Ultimately, as long as it is not spoiled by the inevitable sponsors logo, the new shirt is another belter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been experimenting with different team wear providers over the last few months. I enjoy browsing teamwear websites to see what is available, and adapt them to suit Motherwell. I created this pre kit release, but forgot to upload it. The hooped home sleeves and blue away are interesting given what we were eventually provided  by Macron. 

These are two recent templates available on the Errea website. They have a unique take on the traditional sash/band that I’ve not noticed before until recently. An odd placement, however, it does create some free space for the dreaded sponsor logo.

I think it was Craig Brown who said, teams/players who wore the same base colour of shirt, shorts and socks looked much taller on the field.

Motherwell Errea kit concept.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×