Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

Love the pinstripe and the retro adidas ones - but not the petrol adidas one. Sorry, but it's too far removed from the reason some of us have been supporting it for 125yrs in the first place. Petrol blue with an element of claret and amber to connect/identify 1886 with current day, (and it needs long sleeves), but no need for 1980's adidas stripes imho.

Can't fault the art work though :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
ready to feel a tit, but why can i not see any of the strips? all i can see is the wee white squares with the red cross in them? :nod:

Are you viewing at work? I get the same when I'm at work and put it down to some images being blocked by whatever software they have in place. No apparent rhyme nor reason to it and if its something worth viewing I'll look again when I get home.

• 1 month later...
I was against the blue kit at first as I didn't know the significance, however seeing the Sampdoria-esque one there, I think that could be one of best and most fondly remembered in years to come.

I think that's the key to it ever being widely accepted. I agree, that Sampdoria style one is a belter :lol:

• 7 months later...
just remembered Xara blagged your design for St. Johnstone's kit that season, did you ever take that up with them?

I never bothered. A bit disappointed that it wasn’t just for us, but at the end of the day it’s up to Motherwell/Xara/Provan what they do with the design. Although they could have told us that was the intention when the competition was announced!

Aye, that was the time Xara were struggling financially, they probably paid off their kit designer and passed on the duties to an unassuming Motherwell fan who volunteered!

Yeah it was pretty sneeky. The away design winner also had his design used for other teams as well.

At the end of the day the team wore my kit and for that I am grateful. ;) If they ever do the same thing again they need to be clearer on where the design will be used. Actually having some terms and conditions would be a good starting point! :D

I’ve not attempted any Well fantasy kits in a while, but the recent New York Cosmos away top inpired me to attempt a Motherwell version.

Maybe too Jambo for some, but I quite like it. Especially the old school claret and amber hooped socks! :unsure:

2lkrwco.jpg

fantastic!

Umbro is my favorite brand

• 3 weeks later...