Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

Not that Blue anyway ...... if it was petrol blue then fair enough, there's a connection, with some claret and amber trimming.

petrol blue

1.(UK) a greyish blue colour, tinted with green.

There's a lot of merit in doffing the cap to the men and women who set our club on it's way back in 1886.

We should be able to unashamedly use a petrol blue shirt for some of our 125th season if that's what comes to pass. I'm all for it.

petrol blue

1.(UK) a greyish blue colour, tinted with green.

There's a lot of merit in doffing the cap to the men and women who set our club on it's way back in 1886.

We should be able to unashamedly use a petrol blue shirt for some of our 125th season if that's what comes to pass. I'm all for it.

Agreed .................. I think the Club's 125th anniversary is the ideal opportunity to honour the Club's origins.

Wonder what the fans thought of the change of colours to claret and amber ? Can just imagine the outcry now if that move was reversed :whistling:

Agreed .................. I think the Club's 125th anniversary is the ideal opportunity to honour the Club's origins.

Wonder what the fans thought of the change of colours to claret and amber ? Can just imagine the outcry now if that move was reversed :whistling:

got to say i dont think that many would be bothered. i have lost count the amount of people that have said they dont like the C&A colours. would be a refreshing change i think, and if we went back to petrol blue then we wouldnt realy be changing the club, we would be changing it back. i think the perfect time for it would be if we built a new stadium, fresh start and all that, but thats just me....... and apart from that i just realy like the petrol blue :angry:

I think it'd be fine to have a blue kit during the 125th anniversary season...as an away kit. Its fine to have a nod to the past and to the original Motherwell colours, but in living memory of just about every Motherwell fan we've worn claret and amber and they're our colours. I know we knicked the idea off Bradford but its unique in Scottish football and we changed our colours specifically because of the number of clashes with so many other teams wearing blue. It wouldn't seem right to change what makes us stand out and has done for the vast majority of years of our club's history in order to celebrate the club's history.

Blue might have been Motherwell's original colours but claret and amber were our best :angry:

Also think we should have the wee MFC monogram on the commemorative kit instead o the crest. Looks quite cool methinks.

Depends on which monogram you mean. The script font used on some recent kits and training gear is in my opinion a poor substitute for the much classier original MFC script. The large M used on our 70’s Admiral kits also looks a little on the clumsy side. So yes use a monogram as long as it’s the original and superior late 60’s, 70’s verison.

16gwjd3.jpg

Depends on which monogram you mean. The script font used on some recent kits and training gear is in my opinion a poor substitute for the much classier original MFC script. The large M used on our 70’s Admiral kits also looks a little on the clumsy side. So yes use a monogram as long as it’s the original and superior late 60’s, 70’s verison.

16gwjd3.jpg

Agreed mate.