Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

Have to say this petrol blue thing was only introduced to appease those who were opposed to looking like Rangers. The actual shade I believe was just a generic blue used by everyone with those colours so Rangers, Stranraer, Cowdenbeath, Queen of the South et al had the same shade. If we get a blue kit fine, no need to kid on it's a different shade than all those other teams, it's ours so just celebrate the fuckin' thing.

BTW a cigarette card I have makes it look more Powder Blue than Petrol :nod:

Have to say this petrol blue thing was only introduced to appease those who were opposed to looking like Rangers. The actual shade I believe was just a generic blue used by everyone with those colours so Rangers, Stranraer, Cowdenbeath, Queen of the South et al had the same shade.

Pretty much spot on.

In May 1886, Glencairn FC (named after John Glencairn Carter Hamilton of Dalzell no less) and Alpha FC (the works team from the Alpha Steam Crane & Engine Works) merged to form Motherwell FC. It seems that both teams wore identical navy and white outfits, a very common choice in Scotland at the time, but the new Motherwell team adopted "light blue:" this appears to refer to a shade intermediate between royal and sky blue.

Although the petrol blue shade does go quite well with claret and amber.

• 4 weeks later...

In terms of the "sash" kit I might have originally considered that to be difficult to pull off these days without it being devalued a little by a sponsor - see Super Skippy Sunday strip or the 89'90 away strip as an example.

Malaga seemed to pull it off quite nicely the other nicely with a black kit and blue sash unspoilt with a sponsor's logo, which was located on the back under the shirt number.

In terms of the "sash" kit I might have originally considered that to be difficult to pull off these days without it being devalued a little by a sponsor - see Super Skippy Sunday strip or the 89'90 away strip as an example.

Malaga seemed to pull it off quite nicely the other nicely with a black kit and blue sash unspoilt with a sponsor's logo, which was located on the back under the shirt number.

Even the Man City away kit has done well with the sponsor logo.

ManCityAway0910copyofficial(1).png

I quite like Southamptons kit for this season. They are celebrating there 125th Year. Obv would like to go down a similar route but our club needs every penny it makes.

• 3 months later...

SteelmaninOZ’s talk of 70’s Admiral in the football kit thread got me thinking about how they might approach designing a present day Motherwell top. With Admiral now back in business they will probably be looking to get a small slice of todays football kit market. It’s too late for them to get back to their 70’s heyday but with some careful marketing they could tap into the publics never ending craving for all things retro.

If this was a proper 70’s Admiral top they would have almost certainly have removed the claret hoop!

2wrgq6w.jpg

SteelmaninOZ's talk of 70's Admiral in the football kit thread got me thinking about how they might approach designing a present day Motherwell top. With Admiral now back in business they will probably be looking to get a small slice of todays football kit market. It's too late for them to get back to their 70's heyday but with some careful marketing they could tap into the publics never ending craving for all things retro.

If this was a proper 70's Admiral top they would have almost certainly have removed the claret hoop!

2wrgq6w.jpg

I'd like to see something along these lines with a claret hoop on the home, love the black away with thin amber stripes!!

roarsenalv32.jpg

SteelmaninOZ's talk of 70's Admiral in the football kit thread got me thinking about how they might approach designing a present day Motherwell top. With Admiral now back in business they will probably be looking to get a small slice of todays football kit market. It's too late for them to get back to their 70's heyday but with some careful marketing they could tap into the publics never ending craving for all things retro.

If this was a proper 70's Admiral top they would have almost certainly have removed the claret hoop!

2wrgq6w.jpg

That Sir is a thing of beauty

2wrgq6w.jpg

I'd buy that, right now.