How Did They Ever Wear The Jersey?

Ian-in-Oz

Ive picked a full squad... Ide actually like to get this bunch together just to see what happens!

ST - Gerry Britton, ST - Steven Craig, CB Andy Dow, ST - Calum Elliot, ST - Roy Essandoh, MC - Shaun Fagan, CB - Eddie Forrest, GK - Michael Fraser, ST - John Hendry, GK - Mikko Kaven, ST - Paul Keegan, ST - David Kelly, ST/MC - Brian McClair (II), MC/CB - Eddie May, MC - Simon Mensing, CB - Alex McLeish, CB - Danny Murphy, CB - Ange Ouefio, CB - Karl Ready, MC - Andy Roddie, ST - Abel Thermeus, MC - Derek Townsley, ST - Stephen Halliday, ST Joni Lehtonen, ST -Jason Dair, MC - Greg Denham.

My team sheet wuld be:

GK - Mikko Kaven

LB - Ange Ouefio

CB - Eddie Forest

CB - Karl Ready

RB - Alex McLeish

LM - Shaun Fagan

MC - Simon Mensing

MC - Greg Denham

RM - Andy Roddie

ST - Brian McClair

ST - Gerry Britton

Subs - Fraser, Lehtonen, Essandoh, Murphy, Townsley

Manager - Maurice Malpas

Assistant Manager - Harri Kampman

Melly can avoid it for his 50 minutes against United on the last day of the season a few years ago. Fucking amazing so he was.

Can I drop him back in it for his performance against St. Mirren in the last home game of the season, when we were 2 up and lost 3-2 with Meldrum flapping 2 of them in.

Can I drop him back in it for his performance against St. Mirren in the last home game of the season, when we were 2 up and lost 3-2 with Meldrum flapping 2 of them in.

Not entirely sure anyone from that day is exempt then. Frankly, we'll just never mention it again.

Ive picked a full squad... Ide actually like to get this bunch together just to see what happens!

ST - Gerry Britton, ST - Steven Craig, CB Andy Dow, ST - Calum Elliot, ST - Roy Essandoh, MC - Shaun Fagan, CB - Eddie Forrest, GK - Michael Fraser, ST - John Hendry, GK - Mikko Kaven, ST - Paul Keegan, ST - David Kelly, ST/MC - Brian McClair (II), MC/CB - Eddie May, MC - Simon Mensing, CB - Alex McLeish, CB - Danny Murphy, CB - Ange Ouefio, CB - Karl Ready, MC - Andy Roddie, ST - Abel Thermeus, MC - Derek Townsley, ST - Stephen Halliday, ST Joni Lehtonen, ST -Jason Dair, MC - Greg Denham.

My team sheet wuld be:

GK - Mikko Kaven

LB - Ange Ouefio

CB - Eddie Forest

CB - Karl Ready

RB - Alex McLeish

LM - Shaun Fagan

MC - Simon Mensing

MC - Greg Denham

RM - Andy Roddie

ST - Brian McClair

ST - Gerry Britton

Subs - Fraser, Lehtonen, Essandoh, Murphy, Townsley

Manager - Maurice Malpas

Assistant Manager - Harri Kampman

Did the Ginger Whinger ever play for the first team? I think putting the most capped Scottish Centre Half at Right Back is a bit rough too. No matter what people think of him as a manager of our club he would he was a good player in his time. There have been a lot worse than McLair played up fron as well although I do agree that he shouldn't have been back for a second term with us

Shuggie Shuggie swing on the bar :rolleyes:

Nae way he's worthy of mention in here, and anyway which jersey wid that be? The blue yin he wore agin ra Shellic or the green yin he wore against the Vile h*n?

Yep, he sure was a legend.

Done a "Scream Team" to accompany a "Dream Team" I did for GLF a few years back, and the line up I came up with was, 1. Stevie Woods, 2. Peter Carr, 3. Billy Dickson, 4. Allan Mackin, 5. Karl Ready, 6. John Capaldi, 7. Mike Cormack, 8. John Reilly, 9. Jim Gillespie, 10. Davie Shanks, 11. Gordon Mair. Enjoy the memories !!

My eyes, my eyes...............

What a a heap of crap would replace Woods with Kaven though

Very very harsh on McBride. He was some player before getting injured.

Tony Vaughan is spot on though. Only ever seen him play once where he scored against Dundee United but even that wasn't enough to save him from abuse. Absolutely terrible player

Did the Ginger Whinger ever play for the first team? I think putting the most capped Scottish Centre Half at Right Back is a bit rough too. No matter what people think of him as a manager of our club he would he was a good player in his time. There have been a lot worse than McLair played up fron as well although I do agree that he shouldn't have been back for a second term with us

I dont remember McClair ever scoring a goal for us, I dont doubt there have been worse strikers.. but McClair was given a fair run of games (something like 20) and never scored.

McLeish i stuck in to be contoversial, I remember seeing him play a couple games, i didnt like him playing, his job was in the dugout. he is a RB just to highlight the monumental gash pairing of Ready and Forrest.

Someone else said it was harsh on Fraser too... Ive always had a lot of faith in most of the goalkeepers we have had since I have been a fan while Sieb was No1. But basically it was a toss up between Woods and Fraser for the bench. Woods divides the fans while Fraser let in a goal against Llanelli looking like a 6ft penis... so he got the nod.

The team as a whole is from my own hazey memory... i didnt spend hours studying video footage or corelating comparative statistics.

I dont remember McClair ever scoring a goal for us, I dont doubt there have been worse strikers.. but McClair was given a fair run of games (something like 20) and never scored.
First time around he played more of a midfield role and banged in 15 goals in 40 games.

First time around he played more of a midfield role and banged in 15 goals in 40 games.

Happy for him but he's in my diddy team for his second stint at the club not his first. I put him in the team sheet as Brian McClair (II). He did play for Man U before he came to us, I'm a harsh critic but my standards arent quite that high.

callum elliot

most useless striker i have ever seen in a claret and amber strip

Worst striker ever in claret and amber was John Hendry - Klinsmans prodigy !!

Its hard to find worse than either, but I reckon Ally Graham might just have been the worst

Certain I saw his last ever match. For the Well in a 1-1 draw with Killie at Rugby Park? Anyone confirm this?

Certain I saw his last ever match. For the Well in a 1-1 draw with Killie at Rugby Park? Anyone confirm this?

I remember him playing at Rugby Park. Frankly it was embarassing to watch him try and play when way past his best, although to be fair he probably had no other option due to injuries. Certainly don't remember him giving it another go!