January Transfer Window

TAM

Granted we may have little money available - or even none if we do get fined for the Hearts game being off!!

But who do you think we should try and make a move for?

Who could be a realistic target?

For me - I'd like to see us try and get Black from ICT either in Jan or on a pre-contract for te summer. What about a possible loan move for Pearo?? I know this may not be totally popular but I think his box to box play could be an asset to us at the moment. I think we need a right back, but none come to mind at the moment.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't have bawbag Pearson near the club again. I like the idea of Ian Black as he's the player that would have that dig in the midfield. He's a bit of a dirty player aswell and ain't afraid to put in a challenge. Also trying to find a Porter replacement in January won't be such a bad idea either.

i might be being a bit mental here but. . . . i jst read that arsenal are going to be sending out alot of youngsters from the carling cup team on loan. Why not try snapp u a few of them, i would love to see the like of Merida and Simpson at fir park.

They don't have many defenders that would help us out, but certinaly these boys would shine in the premier league!

Any thoughts ?

id take ian black he seems to be caley thistles best player maybe don cowie from them to.lappin again would be good but his wages would probably be a problem for us.i hope we can get maybe two or three in permanantly rather than loan players that are just here to make up the numbers and no get a game

aye that was mcpake that signed with coventry.he wouldve been a good signing for us but dave mckay would be nothing more than a squad player

Given the recent form of Quinn I'm tempted to think that a squad player would be an improvement.

i might be being a bit mental here but. . . . i jst read that arsenal are going to be sending out alot of youngsters from the carling cup team on loan. Why not try snapp u a few of them, i would love to see the like of Merida and Simpson at fir park.

Fran Merida was at Real Sociedad last season, and fully expect him (if sent back out on loan) to return to La Liga/Segunda Division. To a team in the mold of Osasuna or Recreativo. Well outwith our reach and far too good for most teams in the SPL.

Jay Simpson, not a bad shout, but was at Millwall previously and I think Arsenal would be looking for him to step up another level to perhaps Championship level to get some experience and someone like Watford, Southampton, Doncaster, Forest perhaps I'd be surprised if they weren't having a look in.

Others like Vela, Wilshere, Randall, Ramsey etc are well without our reach.

Basically it will be loan signings from Championship Clubs, e.g Grabban, Daniels, Lappin in previous years.

They don't have many defenders that would help us out, but certinaly these boys would shine in the premier league!

Any thoughts ?

Not such a daft idea in principle. Look at how well the lad Falkirk had did up here. Stokes wasn't it? If they had some decent young players looking for experience it could definitely be a good shout, although not at the expense of our own youngsters, they get priority in my book.

Wonder if guys like Robbie Winters and Mo Ross would do a turn? They have been playing in Scandinavia and would be available now. In midfield both Lappin and Mark Fotheringham aren't getting a game at Norwich, and for me both would be great additions.

Wonder if guys like Robbie Winters and Mo Ross would do a turn? They have been playing in Scandinavia and would be available now. In midfield both Lappin and Mark Fotheringham aren't getting a game at Norwich, and for me both would be great additions.

i was thinking about fotheringham when i was watchin the norwich game the other day.i agree he would be a really good signing for us and would slot perfectly into our midfield

Surely we need a few players for the defence. Can't see him keeping on Kimpl as he hasn't had a chance to impress due to his injury. If we were to look at Fotheringham then we would be top heavy with midfielders surely and could see us loosing someone as they won't get to play in the first team. Question then is, is fotheringham better than what we have?

The 50 player List seems to be all loan signs and if we are hit with any fine over the USH then surely that will limit who we can approach.

Is lappin getting a game? what happened to Mamman (yeah i know another midfielder)? I never saw him what was he like? Time for MM to show his german conections me thinks to get in the new and improved Kaiser!

Get the youngsters in By all acounts they are doing good in the reserves and youth leagues. Smith and Murphy are surely adequate cover for up front. Midfield is fine unless Hughes or lasley go. So that just leaves the defence.. . . . . .